Author Topic: VKB-SIM mkV rudder pedals  (Read 384 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
VKB-SIM mkV rudder pedals
« on: October 28, 2023, 11:58:15 AM »
Anyone using this or the mark iv?

Got mine yesterday..big difference from ch pro peds

Do you use scaling on them?

I downloaded their configuration app and set a curve there  but when I added scaling in AH the response was very weak so I  removed the ah scaling

Thanks for any setup info!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Re: VKB-SIM mkV rudder pedals
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 12:11:05 PM »
      Eagler, I have the same pedals. Using for 5+ years. I have never used the VKB software to change the curves. I only use their software to to calibrate their gear.

I use the Aces High advanced controller settings to scale the pedals and stick. Setting a very slight dead zone in center and scaling the pedals works great for me. I do the same in MSFS, IL2 and DCS.

Give it a try and let me know how it works. Also, never calibrate VKB gear in game. Only use the VKG configuration utility.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 08:26:48 AM »
Eagler how are those pedals holding up? Or other thoughts after like a month of use. I'm thinking of buying them too.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 06:15:38 AM »
Thanks Bixby - that helped

Howdy svaalbar - the peds are extremely accurate and built very well

The action is different than the ch pro pedals that I have used for 20 years..you use your feet instead of your legs

I am still adjusting to that but would recommend them

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals