Author Topic: Should mods have the right to bail players at will when dislike player strategy?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
That may possibly be the worst idea I've heard on this message board.

Like holy cow no, just no.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Like when you fly off the map, Moli?

Sure.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Rather give them tools to spot possible aimbotters and those perhaps using assisting software. I dislike being shot down but that might not be reason enough to kick someone out. Just donate their kill to my account...     :D
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Rather give them tools to spot possible aimbotters and those perhaps using assisting software. I dislike being shot down but that might not be reason enough to kick someone out. Just donate their kill to my account...     :D

Please show me this as in over 23 years I have not seen it myself in AH

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Could you paint a clearer picture of what you're asking? I don't quite grasp the question.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Please show me this as in over 23 years I have not seen it myself in AH

Eagler

Neither have I any proofs but it does not mean it does not or will not happen. Even in modern games, let alone in old ones.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
To me it sounds like the OP was "bailed" from his plane and blames a MOD with out any proof it could happen.

I believe MODs have the power to warn, mute players, and I think eject players from the arena. In the 22 years I have been playing and browsing the boards I have never heard of a MOD being able to "bail" a player from their plane. Skuzzy posted one time about the rules MODs have to follow. If they dont follow them in any way they are removed as MODs and Im sure could be suspended or banned from the game. Why would a player/MOD risk getting banned from the game just to tick of another player by abusing what power Hitech has given them? I just doesnt make sense.

MODs are not in the game to control game play. They are there to make sure the players maintain a reasonably fun atmosphere in the arena.   

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Like when you fly off the map, Moli?

Sure.

Agreed.

Off map flying is dweebism :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
To me it sounds like the OP was "bailed" from his plane and blames a MOD with out any proof it could happen.

I believe MODs have the power to warn, mute players, and I think eject players from the arena. In the 22 years I have been playing and browsing the boards I have never heard of a MOD being able to "bail" a player from their plane. Skuzzy posted one time about the rules MODs have to follow. If they dont follow them in any way they are removed as MODs and Im sure could be suspended or banned from the game. Why would a player/MOD risk getting banned from the game just to tick of another player by abusing what power Hitech has given them? I just doesnt make sense.

MODs are not in the game to control game play. They are there to make sure the players maintain a reasonably fun atmosphere in the arena.

Exactly...... and not just anyone can be a Mod.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Once a player flies off the map for any reason and stays off map for more than a few minutes both the ammunition and ordinance should be rendered ineffective.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Once a player flies off the map for any reason and stays off map for more than a few minutes both the ammunition and ordinance should be rendered ineffective.

Id rather have invisible gremlins make the plane take damage in random places and/or random parts of the plane fall off
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member

Okay, here's what happened. And I agree with you, Fugi, concerning what mods SHOULD do. But their powers may make them feel like demigods who can exercise their moral wills with impunity? I honestly don't know.

But here's what happened.

I often take Tu2s to strats. They are fast, have a good bombload, and cannon at the end if I have to try to fend my planes off from bad guys.
This time around no bad guys intercepted. So I bombed, dove, then strafed damaged factories to get additional damage. Still no uppers, and I lacked the fuel to rtb, so I ditched my planes and went afk to prepare dinner.

So! When I got back half an hour later, I saw two or three resup goons circling, and saw that I'd accrued a number of kills! I guess the previous goons had dropped their sups and bailed, thus giving me proxies. But the current goons weren't resupping, they were actively trying to locate my pilot for a fighter pilot who'd been drawn into the action!

So I commented on country words to the effect "Lol, look at the goons at nit AAA strat trying to find me!"  And a minute or two after that my pilot "crashed."

I mean: "crashed?" I was just standing there, .45 pointed to the sky, wondering it i could hit a goon from 400 out. "Crashed?"

Someone with more power than sense decided he didn't like what I had done and "crashed" me.

C'mon, mods. Reign yourselves in.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Post the film.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Post the film.

I don't have film (who does, for lengthy afk sorties?) but I do have evidence.
Go to my player stats for this tour (osmium), and see who I "killed" in a chute. HOVE was the main goon resupper. Of the 7 players I got kills in a chute this tour, he was four of them.

If that's not good enough for you, then you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

But that avoids my primary point. Should mods be allowed to do this sort of thing? If indeed that's what happened?