Author Topic: General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA  (Read 3944 times)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA
« on: November 09, 2023, 03:46:13 PM »
With our numbers falling, the responsibility of the gameplay “in” the main arena rests with each and everyone of us.

What I’ve been witnessing the last 6 months is veteran players of Aces High taking more enjoyment out of upsetting other players on Ch200, more that actually playing the sim.

I know a lot of players in game, think ole crappy is some sort of salamander, but ironically, I am anything but….but I am different than most that choose to fly AH….as I enjoy playing the sim, in a tactical manner. Thinking out missions, devising ways to trick the enemy…etc.

Even these forums. I have not posted here in a long long time….because anytime you ask a simple question in the FOURMS…..these dysfunctional player lurk here on the fourms, they simply never offer any positive input to the question. Actually…they take it to a nasty level, that it mades one not want to participate here either.

Last night I switched to Bish. I do this regularly, by my choice, to give me closer access to the Knit front lines. When I see where ex-RookCv25 was hidden, I repositioned it to a better location. The move was less that 1/2 a sector….on a hidden CV 8 sectors deep. The moment that I repositioned CV25, Osmium flipped out and preceded to attack my character and intent. He rallied the Bish and convinced them I was being malicious. Ironically….Osmium comes over to Rook almost daily, and is free to move CVs.

The behaviour of some of the BISH players last night was disgusting. Here we are….players that  have games together for year, and still….a few toxic players keep ruining the sim and intentionally trying to discredit other veteran players of the sim. This IS the stuff that makes people not even want to log in.

We are core community now. We don’t have 1200 droolies flying around. I’ve been playing and contributing to this sim 23 years….but unless Dale deals with these toxic, personally attacking players….i will be joining the other 1100 that left.

This place is ALL what WE make it it. Please don’t let the dysfunctionals ruin it for everyone.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 04:02:17 PM by capera »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 04:25:06 PM »
Take your own advice. Don't let them ruin it for you. Do your thing and enjoy what you do. Simple, easy, enjoyable. Quit reading the screen and just listen to that engine hum.
  :cheers:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 04:28:39 PM »
Take your own advice. Don't let them ruin it for you. Do your thing and enjoy what you do. Simple, easy, enjoyable. Quit reading the screen and just listen to that engine hum.
  :cheers:

Agreed!

Stay off 200. Do people say stuff about me on there lol? I can only imagine the #%*?!#* I get haha. There are 8 billion people on this marble, some of them just suck and that’s that.

Play for you and the people in the game you enjoy. I don’t agree with all of 99’s ideas but I enjoy the way he plays the game mostly.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 04:30:35 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 04:34:08 PM »
I was openly called a spy on range vox by a high ranking  gv'er because I decided to up a GV and try to defend a V base and they never seen my name before.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 04:36:01 PM »
I agree that there are some "loose cannons" in the game. For me I just ignore them. That doesnt solve the issue of them running roughshod over others. I wish HTC could have MODs on atleast for the US prime time everyday. With MODs stepping in more often it certainly would curb some of this. I know in the old days I could get "excitable" when HOed too many times now Im much better at letting it go and just play the game.If it gets to the point that Im not having fun, I just log off.

I agree with Shuff, ignore them and play the way you want to play, but Id still like to see HTC had some MODs step in more often.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 04:46:45 PM »
We should NOT have to leave ch200, because a FEW cannot separate decency and fair gameplay. Everyone here agreed to do that….signing up. Why anyone would think that it’s ok to bypass the “basic” rules of civil gameplay.

I am not de-tuning 200. Spoke with Dale today, and on several other occasions on this topic….and there is NO doubt in my mind that Dale does not support this kind of behaviour on coms. That is why he has Mods, but unfortunately they’re not always online.

I plan on doing something about this. I have 23 years invested in this sim, and there is NO WAY I am permitting a few….to ruin it for a lot.

Offline Rascal43

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 04:51:42 PM »
We should NOT have to leave ch200, because a FEW cannot separate decency and fair gameplay. Everyone here agreed to do that….signing up. Why anyone would think that it’s ok to bypass the “basic” rules of civil gameplay.

I am not de-tuning 200. Spoke with Dale today, and on several other occasions on this topic….and there is NO doubt in my mind that Dale does not support this kind of behaviour on coms. That is why he has Mods, but unfortunately they’re not always online.

I plan on doing something about this. I have 23 years invested in this sim, and there is NO WAY I am permitting a few….to ruin it for a lot.

For you spending over $4,000.00 of your own money over 23 years, I would sure hope you wouldn't have to deal with this.  But you do.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 04:53:18 PM »
.squelch is your friend
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 05:37:38 PM »
Dude.. you were spewing spy crap on 200 within the last 48 hours..

Really?????

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 05:53:45 PM »
I was there and an effort was made to drag me into this last night.  I still don't understand what the fuss was about.  By the way, what is your game name?  I ask because one of the players involved is arguably one of the most toxic players on Bish country channel.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 06:28:25 PM »
I was there and an effort was made to drag me into this last night.  I still don't understand what the fuss was about.  By the way, what is your game name?  I ask because one of the players involved is arguably one of the most toxic players on Bish country channel.

Hey RELIC. I seen that on coms as well. This is exactly the mentality I am referring to in this thread.

My alias in Aces High is:

99capera
99th ASTAG
Officer Commanding

S!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 06:39:57 PM »
Thanks.  As I thought, you are not the Bish I was referring too.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 05:19:42 AM »
There’s about 8 people who harm to the game in ways that counter any effort made to regrow numbers.
2-3 on bbs
4-5 on 200
If the hammer isn’t slammed down we will continue to have wasted efforts. Sweeping it under the rug and just ignoring it has had almost zero effects.
It only helps an individual, the damage is still done.
I tried to turn it around, I got several middle fingers.

I personally generally have a good time on 200, if not, off it goes. However, my time on bbs has been very negative, and I’m no softy.

If we want better numbers we need to stop just ignoring it.

Its a shame, because 98% are decent fun players.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2023, 08:52:46 AM »
There’s about 8 people who harm to the game in ways that counter any effort made to regrow numbers.
2-3 on bbs
4-5 on 200
If the hammer isn’t slammed down we will continue to have wasted efforts. Sweeping it under the rug and just ignoring it has had almost zero effects.
It only helps an individual, the damage is still done.
I tried to turn it around, I got several middle fingers.

I personally generally have a good time on 200, if not, off it goes. However, my time on bbs has been very negative, and I’m no softy.

If we want better numbers we need to stop just ignoring it.

Its a shame, because 98% are decent fun players.

Odd that you forgot to mention you sexually assaulting people in their private messages. Or are you ok with that part?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2023, 09:57:56 AM »
I end up using squelch a lot sometimes. And NEVER tune 200.