Author Topic: New Improved NDSIsles  (Read 835 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
New Improved NDSIsles
« on: November 11, 2023, 02:39:58 PM »
Can we please remove it from rotation? Seriously flawed. For example, bish did not lose a base this morning but did not win because they had, supposedly, 56% of their own bases as well as 20%+ of both foes. Everyone started out 100% of their own so something screwy happened.

Tons of other things that are, apparently, currently being fixed (not being able to up planes from C95 just one example) but just take the map out and re-introduce it when it is ready. Please?

Do appreciate the work players are doing to make/improve maps though! <S>

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: New Improved NDSIsles
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 03:24:02 PM »
It just updated so it may have issues. That being said, easier to find issues when a lot of people are there to spot them. I know they will be fixed. This is one of the best maps in the game so Id like it to stay for the weekend hopefully.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 04:17:30 PM »
Flak bases, Ports, CV's BB's have been corrected. Sorry I have no idea why it happened, went back and looked at my Master Copy, everything was set correctly. It seems I am doing something wrong, but this point I have no idea what it is.  :headscratch: Thank you for your patience.

I think Kenai is on it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 05:33:54 PM »
Seems Walmart had a sale on Shore Batteries.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 10:07:17 PM »
Your wish is my command  :neener: :bolt:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 10:28:22 PM »
Strats need to be moved to the back of the front If 88 bases are going to guard each one.  Manned 88 is bad enough, I don't need super concentrated auto 88 between the majority of bases on the map while looking for a fight.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 06:33:53 AM »
Strats need to be moved to the back of the front If 88 bases are going to guard each one.  Manned 88 is bad enough, I don't need super concentrated auto 88 between the majority of bases on the map while looking for a fight.

What's the purpose of all the flak?

Is it to keep the air battle under 4k?

I thought it was a fleet somewhere before I realized it was purposely made that way..

I agree with lazer ...Not a fan

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 08:01:22 AM »
I dont mind the Flak bases. The fights I had werent near any of them so it didnt effect them. I can imagine that they will be as annoying as when they get a CV close enough to a shore base to get it under their umbrella.

They do add an bit to the bombers. You have to plan your path much more carefully and there are enough of them that making good line up on the towns is much more difficult.

So far I thought it was a fun change and should make it a bit more entertaining to play on.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 08:22:34 AM »
I dont mind the Flak bases. The fights I had werent near any of them so it didnt effect them. I can imagine that they will be as annoying as when they get a CV close enough to a shore base to get it under their umbrella.

They do add an bit to the bombers. You have to plan your path much more carefully and there are enough of them that making good line up on the towns is much more difficult.

So far I thought it was a fun change and should make it a bit more entertaining to play on.

Take a look at the map again, they are in between the majority of the bases where fights occur on this map.  The flak is about 5x more concentrated at these bases than a cv.

So just because where you fought last night doesn't have them, doesn't make it a PITA for people looking for a fight between bases, and not over their own or the enemy's field hiding ack offensively or defensively.

I don't play enough to really care If I have another reason to log off in addition to the buzzsaw map.  Thankfully last night there was a good crowd in the center island area. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 08:26:00 AM by Lazerr »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 08:25:53 AM »
Last night was the first time I paid much attention to a Flak Base.  After being shot out of the sky by the one near Rook radar, I upped sets of B-24s and purposely bombed it eliminate it as a threat.  I stayed under 4,000 ft to avoid being targeted by 88s, and made runs at 3 different times.  I think I lost about half of my aircraft over all in these attacks, but I did destroy quite a few guns.

It was the first time I ever paid attention to the layout of a Flak Base - I noticed that have the large non-destroyable hangar  - and I thought I spied a map room?   Can they be captured?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2023, 08:30:32 AM »
Last night was the first time I paid much attention to a Flak Base.  After being shot out of the sky by the one near Rook radar, I upped sets of B-24s and purposely bombed it eliminate it as a threat.  I stayed under 4,000 ft to avoid being targeted by 88s, and made runs at 3 different times.  I think I lost about half of my aircraft over all in these attacks, but I did destroy quite a few guns.

It was the first time I ever paid attention to the layout of a Flak Base - I noticed that have the large non-destroyable hangar  - and I thought I spied a map room?   Can they be captured?

They can on certain maps.  Certain maps you can fly from them too.  Don't recall the number of guns on the base, but it's ALOT.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2023, 08:44:21 AM »
They can on certain maps.  Certain maps you can fly from them too.  Don't recall the number of guns on the base, but it's ALOT.

I’ve had them pluck my buffs out of the sky past 22K. The ease of zeroing strats on NDisles was always a weakness to me and thus might bolster that a bit.they are nasty though I can see  people being irritated. Would be cool if they were able to be captured.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2023, 09:02:49 AM »
Flak bases can be designated as capturable or uncapturable. If the Flak base is capturable, it is part of the calculation for base captures. If it is captured, as we have seen on Buzzsaw, the local strat in effect becomes captured as well.

Remember, with just the strat, you still have puffy ack and auto ack. Admittedly the Flak base does increase the ack substantially.

I am open to any workable suggestions for future maps. On the maps currently in the MA, defending strats is a joke, even with flak bases. IMO strats should be the hardest target to hit, and the best defended. In real life, WW2, great effort was expended to destroy strategic targets by the Allies, and defended by the Axis. Ultimately the destruction of the Axis strategic targets, is what ended the war.

Perhaps an adjustment in strat down times might help. I usually post my maps as I develop them. I am not deaf to suggestions, be they positive or negative. While I greatly enjoy working with the Terrain Editor, my goal on any map is to provide an end product that the majority of players enjoy, and hopefully increase the number of players in the game. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2023, 09:12:45 AM »
Flak bases can be designated as capturable or uncapturable. If the Flak base is capturable, it is part of the calculation for base captures. If it is captured, as we have seen on Buzzsaw, the local strat in effect becomes captured as well.

Remember, with just the strat, you still have puffy ack and auto ack. Admittedly the Flak base does increase the ack substantially.

I am open to any workable suggestions for future maps. On the maps currently in the MA, defending strats is a joke, even with flak bases. IMO strats should be the hardest target to hit, and the best defended. In real life, WW2, great effort was expended to destroy strategic targets by the Allies, and defended by the Axis. Ultimately the destruction of the Axis strategic targets, is what ended the war.

Perhaps an adjustment in strat down times might help. I usually post my maps as I develop them. I am not deaf to suggestions, be they positive or negative. While I greatly enjoy working with the Terrain Editor, my goal on any map is to provide an end product that the majority of players enjoy, and hopefully increase the number of players in the game. :rock

Very much agree the strats should be the hardest thing to do. Many maps achieve this with just distance alone. Maybe you could move the strats to be less spread out? I thought it was kind of cool to have that ack last night but I was not on the receiving end of most of it.

The fight on 45/46/47 island also had two task groups about. The normal ack of the strat, the new flak base and someone was shooting me from vbase 88. There was for sure a lot of puffy stuff around and it was kind of cool IMHO.

I only play a few hours a day so take my opinion for what it’s worth. People who are more invested in playing time might disagree.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 09:14:36 AM by Dadtallica »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2023, 10:01:56 AM »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76