Author Topic: Skyyr  (Read 25032 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Skyyr
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2023, 09:31:44 AM »
You rather excused yourself from judging others' reactions when you stated you don't remember the guy, don't you think?

Skyyr was the most actively and aggressively toxic player within the community for years in ways that had not been seen before or since. Perhaps he has changed, but the concerns stated by many above are reasonable and legitimate; not over-reactions.

Maybe... but we'll see.  I guess the point I was trying to make was that his presence is not going to affect me nor my account. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2023, 09:53:46 AM »
I have let him back in on a probationary basis.

Please do not over react everyone  deserves a 2nd chance.

Dale

This.

Life has its own way of humbling some people, even myself (ya don’t want to know).
I’m not the judge. I’m still a semi-outsider looking in. Valid points have been made on both sides.

I‘ve witnessed horribly bad people make a turn-around, and I’ve seen some light their own hair on fire. Some things were said about me right before Kesmai (AW) took me in, I proved the nay sayers wrong. I’m not promoting nor bashing. I don’t know what I don’t know, except none of us walk on water. We all have bad eras. We were not in on the convo.

Give time, time to work.
Deep breaths are in order.

Re-read the quote above.
PEACE
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2023, 10:09:31 AM »
Free Latrobe or the ice cream will fall upon thee with the might of an Avalanche!

I'd like to see Latrobe come back as well. Talk about someone who likes to fight, and is very good at it too. He is missed.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2023, 10:31:28 AM »
Matthew 18:22

Wow if we can't follow the above instructions over a stupid silly time wasting video game, the rest of life is toejame out of luck imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2023, 10:36:53 AM »
I play this game to have fun.

Playing with toxic players like Vraciu and 99capera is not fun. They go out of their way to make others miserable.

Adding Skyyr to the mix will make it even less fun.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2023, 11:38:03 AM »
I play this game to have fun.

Playing with toxic players like Vraciu and 99capera is not fun. They go out of their way to make others miserable.

Adding Skyyr to the mix will make it even less fun.

Yep. vraciu is already spamming PMs with his juvenile insanity. The little boys club is giddy today.

@vraciu don't PM me. I have no interest in anything you have to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2023, 11:44:41 AM »

I even got one though I don't know what it meant or why it was sent but I just ignored it..not worth a 2nd thought imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2023, 11:47:01 AM »
Yep. vraciu is already spamming PMs with his juvenile insanity. The little boys club is giddy today.

Can we do Net Zero? Gain one lose one? Of course he is pming you, he is a terrible human. A tremendous waste of skin. On a planet of 8+ billion people, some of them will just plain suck as humans.

This is where he will say I am “attacking” him. If exposing his nonsense is me attacking him then I guess words have new meanings I am not privy to.

As I have said before, my experience with him is not unique. He’s just awful.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2023, 11:48:11 AM »
I even got one though I don't know what it meant or why it was sent but I just ignored it..not worth a 2nd thought imo

Eagler

Because he is just plain awful. But he makes skins so it’s ok that he treats people like garbage.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2023, 11:49:06 AM »
So all of this over personality dislikes hrmm maybe I’ll hook up my pc but be sure to turn off chat and voice.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2023, 11:56:33 AM »
Well that's a step down.  Never had a good interaction with this player.  Excuses, complaints, whining, trash talk and shady behaviors.  Not a positive in anyway.  :aok
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 11:59:38 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2023, 11:57:57 AM »
Can we do Net Zero? Gain one lose one?

TIL how to use the ignore list. I hope it sticks, unlike the daily in-game squelch list.

This lapse in judgment will surely be a net loss. Skyyr's 2 or 3 subscriptions aren't nearly going to compensate for the number of people he will drive away from the game.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2023, 12:25:09 PM »
 :aok
You rather excused yourself from judging others' reactions when you stated you don't remember the guy, don't you think?

Skyyr was the most actively and aggressively toxic player within the community for years in ways that had not been seen before or since. Perhaps he has changed, but the concerns stated by many above are reasonable and legitimate; not over-reactions.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2023, 03:49:24 PM »
After a long conversation with skyyr  I have decided to let him back into the skys.

This is the most singular thread I have ever read in my time on this forum.

What about the other people who have been banned - for what we the player-base percieve as much lesser sins - is this part of a global amnesty or is a lengthy phone call required to consider their cases also?

What about Latrobe (already mentioned) for instance. A great stick, a thoroughly civilised chap, and a fun fight, helpfully made many videos explaining ACM and promoting Aces High. If he wasn't banned from the game he certainly was from the forum for no offence other than being in the same squadron that did that weird forum attack? This and similar victimisation surely lead to his leaving. No apology is felt necessary? Or to others?

He was never band for hacking but was band for other behaviors.

You do not specify for which 'behaviours' the ban was applied but since you've made this notification on the forum it's reasonable to assume you also consider us - the broader player base. To suggest Skyyr had been successfully banned from the MA implies his YouTube channel has not been monitored. Will this YouTube account be checked going forward? Especially since it has been used frequently to intimidate certain targeted individuals or imply some weird dominance based on proficiency in a game. Surely we can all agree this leads to undesirable gameplay and driving people away from the game? The video of Lazer's ACM was only released a couple of weeks ago and since taken down. Is this contrition or merely an HTC-imposed condition for the unbanning? Similarly Dolby's video which was removed due to a successful copyright violation only to appear on a Russian website?

Further in general does this mark the point where clarification is finally forthcoming on HTC's position regarding second account misuse used to locate and track another player? Over a decade ago several of us have asked for either a checkbox to disable the dot wingman command on the requestee’s end or otherwise a yes/no pop-up box similar to the join-request during flight. We could not even get a clarification if this was a violation of the EULA? I know you - HiTech - stopped the last offender I reported (and evidenced) but I was made aware of another player using this exact unfair exploit approximately two months ago! Is it not high time this point was officially clarified and code put in place to check it?

Second chances yes I agree. If you're listening Skyyr (I'm sure you are) then I have always had challenging and enjoyable (if limited) contacts with you. You have been repectful to me and I don't know why, maybe I'm not so egotistical or threatening simply ploughing my own narrow furrow as I do but consider something possibly no one else has said to you or you've not arrived at yourself: Aces High should be about virtual flying and nothing further. Using it as a vehicle to placate the ghosts of your life is not strength and dominance but something far more insidious and distasteful. Neither will it do you any good in the long run. Your problems are your problems and you do not know what is at the other end of the computer account you are 'hunting'. I hope we can one day discuss ACM in a civilised and mutually respectful manner. How refreshing that would be.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2023, 05:47:30 PM »

Just report the PMs.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com