Author Topic: Arlo AWOL  (Read 4852 times)

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
Re: Arlo AWOL
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2023, 11:44:02 AM »
Somebody wished death upon someone?

I'm not worried about Arlo. I don't know him other than buy his personality here. And by his personality here, I'm not missing him.

I do miss the RIP threads though. Those were groundbreaking

Oh GG you're a funny little man.
A truly groundbreaking comedian.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2023, 04:45:21 PM »
I remember how he referred to me as an "invader" of the forum. A paying customer who actually was actively playing the game.

He sat on his bellybutton and critiqued everything in his passive- aggressive tone, as though he is some pillar of the community.

Don't miss him at all. I don't wish him any harm and never did.

And I couldn't care less if any of you like me or not.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2023, 05:04:29 PM »
hug?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2023, 01:53:19 PM »
Don't worry, we don't  :aok

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2023, 09:39:57 PM »
I've known Arlo for 3 decades, regular AW player and Bigweek poster. I remember he had some issue affording to play in both sims, hard times. Hard times can bring out the worst in people,... if you're lucky they get humbled and ya get the best. Been there, done that, have all the t-shirts. He's probably been here since day one.

We gone at it many times in BW, oil and water, at times my middle finger wasn't big enough, we've had a few laughs, but he has been a part of my world so long that regardless I hope he is well.

That said, as someone else stated, I've seen people here go after him unprovoked, so no one is innocent. I've seen enough to know that as fact. I myself have been stigmatized by baby seals.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 09:43:24 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2023, 09:56:28 PM »
That said, as someone else stated, I've seen people here go after him unprovoked, so no one is innocent. I've seen enough to know that as fact. I myself have been stigmatized by baby seals.

Not even close to the same situation.

Arlo was targeted by the IceCream forum morons, for who-the-hell-knows-why. Sure, his post were 99% useless, but they were harmless and not worth the vitriol hefted upon him by those tool bags. I'm not surprised at all he left.

You, on the other hand, got caught red-handed using another player's art without their permission and are still pitching a fit for being called out for it. Stop playing the victim. You're not fooling anyone.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2023, 11:13:26 PM »
In 2003 there was an Aces High con.  I met a lot of players including Robert Shaw (I have no idea if he was a player).  During this time a handful of us went to the nearby Cavanaugh flight museum.  Arlo was in this group, and he was very generous and kind person.  I hope he is doing well.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2023, 12:18:15 AM »
Arlo was not attacked by anyone. He came over and he joined ice cream on Mars and I tried to be his friend. But he's insufferable.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2023, 03:38:36 AM »
I met a lot of players including Robert Shaw (I have no idea if he was a player). 
I've got a really funny story about him. I flew against him in my Ki-84 at the furball lake. Mouse (I didn't know who it was at the time) was flying a Spit9 and winging with another Spit9 when we were trying to have 1-on-1s. I called him a picker  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2023, 05:32:27 AM »

Arlo was targeted by the IceCream forum morons, for who-the-hell-knows-why. Sure, his post were 99% useless, but they were harmless and not worth the vitriol hefted upon him by those tool bags. I'm not surprised at all he left.

Arlo was a caustic troll which is why people reacted to him the way they did.  He wasn't an innocent victim and went out of his way to incite the vitriol.  I personally pretty much ignored him because he brought little of value to the conversations and the negatives were not worthy of encouraging by responding.   I hope he is healthy and found productive patterns of behavior to add value to his and others lives.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2023, 08:07:29 AM »
When he joined ice cream on Mars, he started off confrontational. And I pretty much begged him to try to post things that he enjoys and he's interested in rather than just try to be confrontational.
He wouldn't even do that. He wouldn't post things that he thought were interesting All he did was post stuff that he thought would be confrontational.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2023, 08:11:27 AM »
Same thing with semp. Begged him to just post things that were interested to him.

Both of those guys were the same. Just picked the controversies to stick to you and tried to paint everybody else as against them.

And they also didn't like the fact that people could react to them over there without being moderated. In other words they didn't really like people being able to defend themselves or to argue a point. Because they could not argue a point out of a wet paper bag.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2023, 12:11:49 PM »
You, on the other hand, got caught red-handed using another player's art without their permission and are still pitching a fit for being called out for it. Stop playing the victim. You're not fooling anyone.

Snicker.....

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2023, 12:23:42 PM »
In 2003 there was an Aces High con.  I met a lot of players including Robert Shaw (I have no idea if he was a player).  During this time a handful of us went to the nearby Cavanaugh flight museum.  Arlo was in this group, and he was very generous and kind person.  I hope he is doing well.

Shrike, I ran into him at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum also, with his wife and son, as I recall. Was very friendly and easy to talk to, never had any issues with him. Politically we did not agree, but he was not nasty about it, nor was I.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2023, 02:03:18 PM »
Same thing with semp. Begged him to just post things that were interested to him.

Both of those guys were the same. Just picked the controversies to stick to you and tried to paint everybody else as against them.

And they also didn't like the fact that people could react to them over there without being moderated. In other words they didn't really like people being able to defend themselves or to argue a point. Because they could not argue a point out of a wet paper bag.

you never begged me anything. I left because I got tired of a few people there using the n word and calling for mass murder.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.