Author Topic: View settings (GV)  (Read 213 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
View settings (GV)
« on: November 20, 2023, 10:03:21 AM »
I can't fly without my Oculus anymore, doesn't mean I can hit things any better... it just means I feel that much more comfortable with it.

Now... when the time comes to GVing, I feel like I'm using bright pink camo as everyone can see me, but I can't see anyone.  I'm climbing a hill over a valley with spawn points, hoping to be on of "those" guys, sniping... raining hot steel down from on high... I see nothing.  Everyone in the valley is having the firefight of their lives, all I see are tracers and explosions in what appears to be fairly clear areas. 

Then, suddenly I start taking fire.  Obviously, I'm visible but the fire just seems to be coming out of a random tree line that maybe I can, maybe I can't see as it isn't rendered on my end?

Where do I need to look in my settings??

Any help would be appreciated.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: View settings (GV)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 04:36:17 PM »
That pretty much is what GVing is like. Make sure you have the ability to zoom in and out mapped on your HOTAS, when Gving you'll need max zoom. Good tankers will find a dark spot where their tank merges into the scenery, and sometimes you are returning fire at nothing but a muzzle flash. If you start taking fire from a tree and you still have no clue don't keep still... MOVE.