Author Topic: Settings Folder  (Read 268 times)

Offline Wail

• Zinc Member
Settings Folder
« on: November 22, 2023, 08:02:25 AM »
Can I delete the settings folder, to where it will wipe out the the mapped controllers to re-map my controllers myself? I have put Jimmy3D's settings of his Saitek's 56X stick and throttle to get a head start, but want to just try and map the controllers myself. I have tried to just delete his files, but they just come back. So how can I just start over, where it will take those files off? Thanks for your help in advance.
Captain William J Stangel

352nd FG
Stinky

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Settings Folder
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 08:09:47 AM »
Wail, you should be able to just delete those 2 files, or modify them as you wish. Another option would be to save the settings folder to a backup folder, then delete the desired files in that backup. Return to the Aces High folder deleted the settings folder, and drag the "backup" settings folder into Aces High folder. Hope this helps. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Wail

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 08:37:47 AM »
I will give it a try. Thanks Jimmie :cheers:

352nd FG
Stinky

Offline Wail

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 09:27:45 AM »
For some reason, when I delete your files, they just keep coming back. I am using windows 11. Do you think that I should just un install AH and re-install?

352nd FG
Stinky

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 10:09:24 AM »
The files will come back but th y should l be set as the default settings for your type of stick

Offline Wail

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 10:14:00 AM »
Well. When I go back into the settings folder, after I delete your 2 files, Your files are still there.

352nd FG
Stinky

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 01:27:02 PM »
Are you running the X56 HOTAS Software?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 03:45:33 PM »
WHen you remove any files in the settings folder the game will automatically replace them with file that have a set default set of assignments. So if the file you used (Jimmies) has button 5 programmed with bomb bay doors open/close, when you delete that file and the game replaces it, it will have the same name but the buttons will be programmed differently (default button assignment for that stick).

Also, programming the buttons with the ingame program is fairly easy but may not cover some of the options the Saitek's software has. I have used a number of sticks over the last 20 years here and have always used the ingame settings and have never found a problem.

Another option is to use a program called "Voice Attack" Again easy to set up and you can use controls just by speaking them. Say "Flaps down!" and the flaps drop a notch. You can do multiple button pushes with a single command to make things even easier.

Offline Wail

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 11:58:55 AM »
Thanks Jimmy and Fugitive. I am re-mapping stuff now. You were so correct on how AH re-maps stuff on the stick and throttle after you delete stuff. I am going to try that voice attack program, because that sounds great for an ole fart like me. Happy Thanksgiving guys and thanks again. I actually went to the online Mele arena and did ok, got some hits on an LA5 but he got me.

352nd FG
Stinky

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 02:45:37 PM »
Glad you got it worked out.