Author Topic: Bish Beat Me To It!  (Read 540 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Bish Beat Me To It!
« on: November 29, 2023, 08:31:35 PM »
I’m both impressed and pissed!

Ever since I found out you could capture the flak bases I have wanted to get one but none of the maps presented a good chance when I was on. I think the flak base sights and sounds are a superb complement to this game.

So what happens when I log in tonight… the Bish took THEM ALL! :furious I just wanted to take one for fun lol

Or whatever actually happened.  :rofl

We had troops going into the map room at one but they all died upon entry. We could not verify if every single gun was down or if that’s even needed.

I must admit this is certainly frustrating but having fun trying to get them back.

Umm Houston…?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:40:58 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Bish Beat Me To It!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 09:40:06 PM »
Poor Kenai.  :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 10:50:43 PM »
I’m both impressed and pissed!

Ever since I found out you could capture the flak bases I have wanted to get one but none of the maps presented a good chance when I was on. I think the flak base sights and sounds are a superb complement to this game.

So what happens when I log in tonight… the Bish took THEM ALL! :furious I just wanted to take one for fun lol

Or whatever actually happened.  :rofl

We had troops going into the map room at one but they all died upon entry. We could not verify if every single gun was down or if that’s even needed.

I must admit this is certainly frustrating but having fun trying to get them back.

Umm Houston…?

They are very difficult to take. Map Buzzsaw is the best chance since AAA strats often down big downtimes, and so you can throw GV waves at it to get it entirely down over a span of time. Not positive, but THINK 64 guns--both 88s and autoacks--need to be down for troops to be able to run. I do a DT command and look for obvious gaps in gun numbers (53, 54, 56, and 57, for example) to realize there's a missing gun or two that needs to go before I run troops.

And yes. Every gun--save for the manned acks--needs to be down for troops to take.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:58:19 PM by molybdenum »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 11:44:24 PM »
Plus there is some soft guns that can be manned that have a shot at the map room as well from what I recall.  :headscratch:

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 09:20:28 AM »
They are very difficult to take. Map Buzzsaw is the best chance since AAA strats often down big downtimes, and so you can throw GV waves at it to get it entirely down over a span of time. Not positive, but THINK 64 guns--both 88s and autoacks--need to be down for troops to be able to run. I do a DT command and look for obvious gaps in gun numbers (53, 54, 56, and 57, for example) to realize there's a missing gun or two that needs to go before I run troops.

And yes. Every gun--save for the manned acks--needs to be down for troops to take.

Ok thanks good to know. Still wanna do it lol. It was a lot harder when it was only 30 min down times. I also noticed that if you take out certain auto guns then a couple 88s near it will explode too.

The guns were not all times right so they were popping randomly. New one popped just as the troops started running.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 06:12:34 PM »
Map reset with Bish having control of all the flak bases.  Bit odd shall we say.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 06:42:25 PM »
So can someone explain exactly what happened?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 06:47:01 PM »
Worst map ever no doubt.  Kenai needs a glass belly button for sure.  I just logged off.  Nothing really to do with such very long spawns.

Several others logged off too.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 09:28:27 PM »
Worst map ever no doubt.  Kenai needs a glass belly button for sure.  I just logged off.  Nothing really to do with such very long spawns.

Several others logged off too.

What map are we talking about here? Not all of us get to see each map as it plays out.

I have found fun in all maps Kenai has made to date. Both him and Kong have done some fun work for us.  The only maps I have issues with are crater and buzzsaw. both are too big. Greebo killed Crater by rebuilding "tank town" and the rest of the map is just too spread out to generate action. Buzzsaw just forces all the fighting at high alt in the center of the map with all the depot being crushed most of the time.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 09:41:24 PM »
What map are we talking about here? Not all of us get to see each map as it plays out.

I have found fun in all maps Kenai has made to date. Both him and Kong have done some fun work for us.  The only maps I have issues with are crater and buzzsaw. both are too big. Greebo killed Crater by rebuilding "tank town" and the rest of the map is just too spread out to generate action. Buzzsaw just forces all the fighting at high alt in the center of the map with all the depot being crushed most of the time.

NDISLES and it was bugged where all the F bases were bish.  It was absolutely fine today.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 10:56:33 AM »
I believe Randy is upset with the GV spawns at TT. I am pretty sure they are about the same as they were in the original. Spawns to all the bases and towns were shortened, as that was a major complaint about the map.

Flak base issue was corrected the first time the map came up, however unknown to me there are 2 ways to save Arena settings. One saves the settings to the current map, another saves to the Master File. It has been saved to the Master file now and should not be an issue again.

Had great GV battle at A2 last night.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 11:21:25 AM »
I believe Randy is upset with the GV spawns at TT. I am pretty sure they are about the same as they were in the original. Spawns to all the bases and towns were shortened, as that was a major complaint about the map.

Flak base issue was corrected the first time the map came up, however unknown to me there are 2 ways to save Arena settings. One saves the settings to the current map, another saves to the Master File. It has been saved to the Master file now and should not be an issue again.

I like the new map and the addition of the flaks and BB’s. Good stuff Jimmy.

I am obsessed with taking flak bases now lol!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 11:24:11 AM »

It was a great fight at A2, period!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2023, 02:07:53 PM »
tanktown/fightertown was hopping last night. Lots of great fights. Great furballs. I had a lot of fun.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 02:54:23 PM »
tanktown/fightertown was hopping last night. Lots of great fights. Great furballs. I had a lot of fun.

Must have been later.   About 8 pm est  entering prime time there were few battles especially GV.  Several players logged off including myself.  GV spawns on TT were good.  Every other island they were bad as ever, maybe worse.