Author Topic: Will AH3 be getting any further updates?  (Read 487 times)

Offline dafez

• Zinc Member
Will AH3 be getting any further updates?
« on: November 30, 2023, 07:49:47 AM »
Howdie y'all.

I've been in the community off and on since the Warbirds days!  Getting back in again recently. 

Are there any plans for updates to the game, graphics engine etc?  By far AH3 has the best mechanics and flight model out there.  It's just looking aged now and would be amazing to have graphics that match the fidelity of the game play / physics!

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Will AH3 be getting any further updates?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 08:00:19 AM »
I doubt it man. Just have to enjoy it while it's still here. There are certainly things that need to be fixed overall, like matchplay, but probably not gonna happen.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 08:20:13 AM »
Let’s give the man behind the curtain time to heal and feel 100%. I’m of the opinion he is still very involved behind that curtain.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 08:51:01 AM »
Some of us still find the most enjoyment from AH than the prettier sim options out there today

Drop the $15 and make your own decision

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline dafez

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 10:53:33 AM »
Let’s give the man behind the curtain time to heal and feel 100%. I’m of the opinion he is still very involved behind that curtain.

I didn't know HT was ill.  Here's hoping he gets better soon!

@Eagler.....AH does everything better in terns of game play, mechanics, flight model etc.  I don't find the modern Sims much fun.  Locking on a target that you can't see isn't much fun at all.  I guess part of my question is because updating the game may make it more appealing to the market.  I remember playing Warbirds in the days of "Wild Bill" I think he was named?  And the iMagic split and AH was born.  I actually found a binder about 6 months ago with all of the info printed off about the planes back when it was on an external website and put together by an enthusiast.  I wish I hadn't disposed of it!  It was golden!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 11:00:51 AM »
Just curious if you've tried the game with everything cranked up? It surely isn't Unreal 5 type graphics but the game can be quite pretty. I personally don't fly with reflections/shadows but when I turn them on in films it's always a pleasant surprise.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 01:12:05 PM »
Although AH 3 is showing its age graphically, the gameplay makes up for it totally. What other game has a persistent lobby/map up for days at a time, with tanks, ships, fighters, bombers, etc.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 06:53:15 PM »
AH2 was actually better than AH3.  Well, except for clouds.

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 11:25:44 PM »
AH2 was actually better than AH3.  Well, except for clouds.

Overall minus the graphics in AH3 I would agree AH2 > AH3

*Objectively better sound system allowing more historically accurate soundpacks, and more of them
*GV Icons made sense
*DA made sense
*When using mouse to control airplane the rudder wasn't linked to the the ailerons when taking off, which is bloody retarded "feature" in Aces High 3
*GVs could actually engage in longer range combat promoting great tank fights, now we have the same sets of random massive bushes covering the map
*No hiding in barns with a tank like a tard in AH2
*Easier to run on older hardware, not that AH3 is all that hard to run but its worth pointing out
*MORE PLAYERS! Not really Aces High 3's fault but when you look at the list above im sure more than a few players to these "upgrades" (read mucking up things that aren't broken)