Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 6175 times)

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2023, 06:10:07 PM »
IL2 is all new for all of us.

Kids have AH accounts that don't have subs that they play in DA with the AI drones and WWII online free to play accounts only.

So are: Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings worth buying? Do they have their own servers and such?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2023, 06:13:06 PM »
So are you looking to all play together at once or are you taking turns on one PC?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2023, 06:13:56 PM »
After u install stalingrad and set up your plane u only have to purchase the other scenarios or planes and the automatically get available when u log on. Same with Tank Battle u just purchase it and it's good to go in all your scenarios. Trying out Tank Battle now it looks great in VR but not so much on the monitor

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2023, 06:16:08 PM »
So are you looking to all play together at once or are you taking turns on one PC?

All play together on different PCs.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2023, 06:36:43 PM »
I’m still playing IL-1946 with the bat mod and I still love it. It’s the only other game I play not AH. I read somewhere they do monthly mmo event that gets a couple hundred people.  They have no active multiplayer anymore.

Haven’t pulled the trigger on any new IL’s but the right sale might get me too lol. I probably wouldn’t play multiplayer with the new ones anyway I kinda am partial to AH. Is IL multiplayer just battling or is there any strategy involved?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2023, 06:55:04 PM »

You need to start with Stalingrad. It's the base game and all other packages are essentially DLC.

Only if you buy from Steam.......... if the buy from thr IL-2 site, they are independent of each other you can play anything without first buying Stalingrad.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2023, 07:00:56 PM »
I'm not buying on steam.

So if I bought Moscow on one account.

And Stalingrad on another account.

My kids and I could play together or the accounts need to be the same?

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2023, 07:12:05 PM »
I've only bought directly from the IL2 site but I launch from steam in VR that's the only way it works for me

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2023, 07:16:09 PM »

Only if you buy from Steam.......... if the buy from thr IL-2 site, they are independent of each other you can play anything without first buying Stalingrad.

CAV

Is that the case now? I got the game pre-steam when it was just Stalingrad and Moscow and was told then to get Stalingrad first and add Moscow onto it.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2023, 07:19:42 PM »
I'm not buying on steam.

So if I bought Moscow on one account.

And Stalingrad on another account.

My kids and I could play together or the accounts need to be the same?

The only benefit would be having both maps, but each account would be limited to the planes bought with each account. So one account is only Stalingrad planes and the other is only Moscow planes. Better to have them both be the same so they can truly play together.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2023, 07:23:34 PM »
Guess I'm confused.

I thought to play online you went to a server with the planes you had and you could play.

I figured that if I had 1 account with Stalingrad and one with Moscow that we could go play on a server with the planes available on account 1 or account 2 on that map.

Can somebody please explain if this is wrong?

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2023, 07:25:51 PM »
I'm thinking u want to create different logins at the IL2 site and purchase stalingrad fir each and then buy other stuff per account

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2023, 07:48:27 PM »
Guess I'm confused.

I thought to play online you went to a server with the planes you had and you could play.

I figured that if I had 1 account with Stalingrad and one with Moscow that we could go play on a server with the planes available on account 1 or account 2 on that map.

Can somebody please explain if this is wrong?

Each player is limited to only the planes owned by their own account. They can play on any server as long as that server has those planes enabled, regardless if they own the package with that server's map.

For example:

A server has the Kuban map and planes from both Moscow and Stalingrad as well as Kuban. Both accounts can play on this server, but they have different planes available. The Moscow account can only fly Moscow planes and the Stalingrad account can only fly Stalingrad planes. Neither can fly a Kuban plane.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2023, 07:50:14 PM »
Lets see if I understand this right.

If I purchase Moscow I could set up a server on that account and join and fly with my other Stalingrad account and vice versa.

In addition to this we could both play on online severs with our accounts with the planes we had on that account.

If this is the case I think I would think to buy D9 on the Moscow account and the Hurricane on the Stalingrad account.

Does this make sense or am I totally out of my mind?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2023, 08:02:13 PM »
Yes that is all possible, but I don't think you grasp the limitations.

Only the account that bought the Dora can use it. Likewise the Hurricane.

You can never have both players in Doras together unless both have bought the Dora.

Since no package share an aircraft, it is very possible to have one player locked out of flying in multiplayer because their planes are not available on that server. It's less of an issue if you create your own server. You could have all the planes enabled, but each account is still limited to only the planes they own.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com