Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 9787 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2023, 07:46:30 PM »
Holy cow! The sale is over.
One I paid 19 for yesterday is now 79!
and the other that I paid 14 for is now 49!
The planes went from 4 to 20.

I'm glad I was able to catch the sale. Is their any rhyme or reason to when they have sales? Maybe that was a cyber Monday sale?

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2023, 08:00:38 PM »
They usually do a winter sale and a summer sale. Those were the best prices I've seen, glad you could get something.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2023, 09:31:15 AM »
 Yep sale time short. Glad u got what u wanted. I t think this was a good topic anything that gets people like your kids interested in ww2 Sims helps this game out. I do DCS IL2 and AH they all are fun but different. DCS for me is just if I really want to learn to fly realistic. IL2 is just for quick plays and AH is for multiplayer

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2023, 10:45:19 AM »
Grabbed Tank Crew, FW190D and Hs 129 via sales. Had Bodenplatte, Kuban and Sturm already.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2023, 01:35:43 PM »
Never tried IL2 for some reason.  I did try Warthuder and thought it was cheesy as all hell.

Having two young kids now.. not going to happen.  Maybe if it's around in 14 years I'll give it a try.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2023, 01:58:37 PM »
If IL2 could port it's graphics to AcesHigh,there'd be a mad rush of sales :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2023, 06:19:07 PM »
Ugh. I had to install stream and steamVR to get my VR to work in IL2.

I having some fun doing some nutjob stuff. One mission I set up to intercept a c47 with a HE 111 H6. The guns sux so bad that I think the gunners ran out of ammo before they shot it down. I'm gonna try it with the H16 and see how that goes. It's kinda cool watching the front gunner jump up and grab the gun and start shooting and then madly replacing drums of ammo. I'm kinda shocked the Germans didn't have belt fed defensive guns in their bombers from the start.

I must say I love the collision modeling. It's pretty dramatic. Big fireball and everybody dies.

However I was able to chew most of the vertical stab off a C47 with an HE111 prop.  I could tell from what was left that prop was made of wood lol. I ended up having to crash land it in a field.

The AI pilots are a trip. Bastages love to fly directly into the sun and I have to use the bars on the canopy to try to see them.

Another time I chased a p47 into a cloud only to find out it was a rainstorm and I couldn't see anything. That one got away.

There's some capture the flag thing that I'm trying to figure out and also how to do ground attack.

It has relaxed realism where there are icons but in the full realism I could see how you could shoot down friendly planes.

Every time I fly the 110 I manage to burn up both engines within about 15 minutes. Not sure how I'm doing it as I'm not running it wide open the whole time.

The the biggest thing that is missing from IL2 that I've noticed so far is the 200 chat/drama but then again the reason I took a break was because of the mods on 200. LOL

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2023, 10:36:14 AM »
Flag catch is done by tanks, aircrafts are supporting and protecting them. With 110, you have to use cooler shutters (oil & water) manually. It's a keyboard command I never remember.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2023, 11:21:30 AM »
Ugh. I had to install stream and steamVR to get my VR to work in IL2.
Every time I fly the 110 I manage to burn up both engines within about 15 minutes. Not sure how I'm doing it as I'm not running it wide open the whole time.

If your headset is capable you can run IL-2 in OpenXR, and use XRNecksafer with it. For OpenXR you just change one dll file (\bin\game\Openvr_api.dll). For your "burning up engines" issue I suggest you install the "Pilot Notes for Cockpit photos mod" to see each planes limitations while in the cockpit (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55201-pilots-notes-for-cockpit-photos/).
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2023, 11:35:08 AM »
For your "burning up engines" issue I suggest you install the "Pilot Notes for Cockpit photos mod" to see each planes limitations while in the cockpit (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55201-pilots-notes-for-cockpit-photos/).

:aok superb use of the photo
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2023, 11:59:49 AM »
If your headset is capable you can run IL-2 in OpenXR, and use XRNecksafer with it. For OpenXR you just change one dll file (\bin\game\Openvr_api.dll). For your "burning up engines" issue I suggest you install the "Pilot Notes for Cockpit photos mod" to see each planes limitations while in the cockpit (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55201-pilots-notes-for-cockpit-photos/).

That's genius. Kudos to whoever had that idea.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2023, 12:15:32 PM »
Wondering what the level of hacks and cheats in il2 is...

With as many allowed hacks as seems to be allowed..it would lend itself to such unlike ah where you can't

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2023, 02:54:37 PM »
This dweeb should have posted this on IL-2 forums instead in puking on ours. What a bunch of former player DipS*&^%.
This is AH,....obviously, not for long. Moron
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2023, 02:55:38 PM »
Thanks for all the info.

I'm guessing that buying Stalingrad and Tank battle wouldn't give me two accounts.

I'm looking to be able to play with my kids as I had been hoping to do with AH.

What would be the best way to to do that?

I think I'm gonna buy Stalingrad premium and the D9 and Hurri2. Think that would be a good start?

Also I might buy Tank battle or Stalingrad as needed for a 2nd account.

well that's because you're an idi*&

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2023, 02:58:11 PM »
If IL2 could port it's graphics to AcesHigh,there'd be a mad rush of sales :old:

I though you left? Your word is about as good as a wet book of matches. Full of crap from head to toe.

I'm charging royalties if you use my copyrighted reply.