Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 9757 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2024, 11:05:00 AM »
I decided to give Wings of Liberty server second chance. Logged in, took Bf109G4 and took off to direction of frontline. After a while, someone called all to come strafing as enemy was retreating. As he didn't mention the location, I asked it, in country ch. Got two sardonic replies in Slavic languages (I speak Bulgarian enough to understand) and after it, silence.

Full of morons, that server, IMHO. Newcomers clearly not welcome. On the other hand, at Advance And Secure Planes And Tanks I have found really nice small community. EU Official 1CGS Server Planes and Tanks is also ok and good for beginners, as it has icons and external views.

Partially why I was never a fan of PvP type servers concept. Questionable on many levels, and restrictive to numbers, separates the numbers, many times unleashed bad behavior. And like I mention before, without AH around to feed that epic MP fix, those games would become more noticeable of lacking, when thats one’s only choice. AH actually helps these games with many.

Those - eye candy with staged missions/AI, splintered population. Questionable FM
This - authentic MP, 100% human interaction with full population. More realistic FM than most.

Those sims would be outstanding had they taken on MP arena style, like real scenarios/events.

I think many would become disenchanted if they could not get the MP adrenalin fix.

I think PvP has been a long standing pitfall, its a bandaid IMO.. Kelton at Kesmai (AW) got it right, big maps and MP. AH is AW, it’s a clone on steroids.

Its all personal preference. Whatva blows your skirt up. I’m not fond of PvP, if that’s what its called today.
<shrug>

-the village idiot

Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2024, 02:19:51 PM »
I decided to give Wings of Liberty server second chance. Logged in, took Bf109G4 and took off to direction of frontline. After a while, someone called all to come strafing as enemy was retreating. As he didn't mention the location, I asked it, in country ch. Got two sardonic replies in Slavic languages (I speak Bulgarian enough to understand) and after it, silence.

Full of morons, that server, IMHO. Newcomers clearly not welcome. On the other hand, at Advance And Secure Planes And Tanks I have found really nice small community. EU Official 1CGS Server Planes and Tanks is also ok and good for beginners, as it has icons and external views.

I thought I saw "GasTeddy has exited" when I was in WoL, may have even mentioned it on Stream. Solution would be to fly axis, I've never seen axis roundhouse kick a help locational question.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2024, 03:10:08 PM »
I thought I saw "GasTeddy has exited" when I was in WoL, may have even mentioned it on Stream. Solution would be to fly axis, I've never seen axis roundhouse kick a help locational question.

I flew Messerschmitt Bf109G4, so I was Axis. In IL-2 one cannot fly Axis planes on Allied side or vice versa. I asked in Axis ch and those who replied, were naturally on a same ch, Axis.

On my first visit there I made a question about rules in general ch and was scorned by both sides. So, I'm done with that server but thankfully there are others.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2024, 09:29:23 AM »
This never had any place here.

Disrespect all of us. Just keep it on top.
We all can accurately predict who that will be.

I mean, why talk about IL-2 on IL-2 forum, where way more info exists?

A Anti-AH Dolby wet dream. Cause as much harm as possible, however ridiculous.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2024, 09:38:30 AM »
He's right.  IL2 sucks.  Try ARMA 3!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2024, 10:28:38 AM »

Looks like you have lost the whole idea about this topic. From the beginning. Sorry to say, as I have nothing against you in personal level.

He's right.  IL2 sucks.  Try ARMA 3!  :aok

I may try ARMA, but IL-2 as a sim does not suck. Just some guys in certain server do. Like in every combat sim and public internet platform.

P.S.  Took a look at ARMAs own website. Imaginary choppers, jets, tanks etc..? Looks pretty gameish in that.     :confused:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:52:25 AM by GasTeddy »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2024, 12:00:31 PM »
This never had any place here.

Disrespect all of us. Just keep it on top.
We all can accurately predict who that will be.

A Anti-AH Dolby wet dream. Cause as much harm as possible, however ridiculous.

I'm not Anti-AH, I wouldn't be sat checking the BBS checking for a certain person being re-banned pretty much everyday if I was.
You're so insecure about AH, which without you stands up on it's own merit. However with you, it falls over flat on it's face because you're an utter insufferable twit.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2024, 12:11:13 PM »
Looks like you have lost the whole idea about this topic. From the beginning. Sorry to say, as I have nothing against you in personal level.

I may try ARMA, but IL-2 as a sim does not suck. Just some guys in certain server do. Like in every combat sim and public internet platform.

P.S.  Took a look at ARMAs own website. Imaginary choppers, jets, tanks etc..? Looks pretty gameish in that.     :confused:
You only seen a slice Teddy.  It is the closest thing to Aces High in the gaming world at this time.  I tried just about every multiplayer online game you can think of when the Pigs On The Wing were realizing there was not enough targets to keep us active in Aces High.  You capture and defend in a variety of setups-some future, some modern, some Vietnam and World War 2.  We are currently running a 1940's campaign Japan Vs. China.  It's got biplanes with cute little bombs!  And the tanks are crazy fun.  I'll rephrase my statement on IL-2.  IL-2 does not meet our squad requirement for enough bad guys to shoot at. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2024, 04:42:27 PM »
You only seen a slice Teddy.  It is the closest thing to Aces High in the gaming world at this time.  I tried just about every multiplayer online game you can think of when the Pigs On The Wing were realizing there was not enough targets to keep us active in Aces High.  You capture and defend in a variety of setups-some future, some modern, some Vietnam and World War 2.  We are currently running a 1940's campaign Japan Vs. China.  It's got biplanes with cute little bombs!  And the tanks are crazy fun.  I'll rephrase my statement on IL-2.  IL-2 does not meet our squad requirement for enough bad guys to shoot at.

Maybe. For squadron, I believe IL-2 might not be ideal. I'm more lone wolf style, but co-operate with pleasure, if needed. And I do not fly so much in IL-2 but tank. I find it really interesting and even exciting. As a MadCatMan, of course prefer Tiger and Panther

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2024, 05:42:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)   

The cat in uniform reminds me of this gem from The Onion

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2024, 05:53:59 PM »
Shouldn't threads about aces high competition be in the o'club thread - 
Open forum for off-topic and less serious discussions

instead of this one?
Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2024, 08:27:53 PM »
Shouldn't threads about aces high competition be in the o'club thread - 
Open forum for off-topic and less serious discussions

instead of this one?
Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High

Eagler

Thanks for using your brain. A rare commodity in here.

One of the “good guys”.
<S>

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2024, 09:31:13 PM »
Just FYI, for the lethargic

These threads disrespects every single person who does things to improve and sustain AH.
It’s a wad of spit in their face.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2024, 09:58:24 PM »
Just FYI, for the lethargic

These threads disrespects every single person who does things to improve and sustain AH.
It’s a wad of spit in their face.

Says the self-proclaimed village idiot… and/or drunk… both probably; whomever you chose to be today?

This was a very lengthy and adult discussion that detailed the strengths and weaknesses of the predominant combat flight sims of the day. At almost every turn AH came out on top and unique for what is important to this community. We’re sorry your Neanderthal brain cannot comprehend two competing thoughts at once. The IL2 career modes are lots of fun for both the current version and 1946, still none of them capture what AH has. Here we celebrated that gem  while you once again pissed on progress. [cue the “whoa is me” posts]

We are all on an island, might as well commingle. Yes of course there will be dissenters, welcome to humans 101. You’ll get there someday. For any newcomers this thread now serves as a list of reasons into why the AH galaxy is a diamond in the rough and another definitive record as to why you’re just a grain of sand. You’re welcome to sail the F off.  :salute

The other sims do not even have four engine bombers and we have been cavalierly sailing around in them at will for two plus decades. The IL2 community would give away actual first born offspring for an hour long virtual ride in a B29; now tell them you can drop 40 bombs. Thats just one unicorn AH has among several others. Grow up maybe just a tad or don’t but in the future Donnie, stay in your lane.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 11:43:13 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2024, 07:53:36 AM »
It's still in the wrong thread imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals