Author Topic: Another "should I come back to the game" post  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Another "should I come back to the game" post
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2023, 08:54:09 AM »
The numbers are increasing. While other sims like dcs have lost 2k steam players this last yr.. IL-2 numbers are also dropping. Why there is an uptick in former players, now dcs players, post trying to recruit their numbers back from here, with passive aggressive replies you may see here. Ignore them.
 Its systematic.

A lot left before the AH3 update. So they don’t know what they have missed. The game went through a hiccup period, but a lot of former players returning. 9 months ago the average numbers in the MA was 95-112, it is now 110-140, occasional 160. Its possible to hit 180.

AH has the best implementation of VR, and unmatched multi-player than any other sim.

That said, there has recently been a pattern questionable post influencing negative input since a player was allowed back and a few firmer players got their panties in a wad, about a game they don’t even play, just here to recruit. Same people both situations. Ignore them, they have alternative motives for being here. I’m can safely guess they will join this thread.

Lots of great people still putting their hearts into the sim here. You’ll feel at home. Its a better sim since 2011. I returned after 14 yrs, having a blast, despite my failing stick.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2023, 09:16:07 AM »
I was in the same position, thinking about the "old days" of good squad play and big numbers.. those days are long gone (as appears is Hitech's attention and the possibility of updates). Living in the EU, combined with the whining and cheating going on, has just turned me away.

Nonsense.
Not once was any true evidence been presented. Cheating talk is in every game. HT has made it extremely hard to cheat. Just because other sims are swiss cheese, it does not happen here, only the talk of it from sore losers. Whining is also in every sim/game. Especially those with fubar payment methods to pay for each plane or AI/Drone missions. A subscription is still lower.

We just prefer players stop broadcasting myths. You swallowed the hook, sorry.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2023, 09:46:05 AM »
Nonsense.
Not once was any true evidence been presented. Cheating talk is in every game. HT has made it extremely hard to cheat. Just because other sims are swiss cheese, it does not happen here, only the talk of it from sore losers. Whining is also in every sim/game. Especially those with fubar payment methods to pay for each plane or AI/Drone missions. A subscription is still lower.

We just prefer players stop broadcasting myths. You swallowed the hook, sorry.

Just to be clear, nothing you say, positive (yeah right) or negative means anything to me. Waste of your time typing, kind of like the waste of the air you breathe..
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2023, 10:09:54 AM »
Just to be clear, nothing you say, positive (yeah right) or negative means anything to me. Waste of your time typing, kind of like the waste of the air you breathe..

Just wait until he sends you a private message!  :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2023, 10:33:54 AM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2023, 04:26:53 PM »
My biased opinion is: as mentioned earlier, give it a try for a month. Just
Do not get addicted. All of us can quit at anytime. We are not addicted.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2023, 04:27:51 PM »
My biased opinion is: as mentioned earlier, give it a try for a month. Just
Do not get addicted. All of us can quit at anytime. We are not addicted.

:salute

:aok :aok :rofl
Uh yes, yes we can
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2023, 04:29:51 PM »
I've been playing this game for 20+ year now, with small breaks occasionally.

I'm yet to find a cheater. Few looked weird, but likely cased by lag. Some were just too good, but film review showed that it was me who sucked.

I've been accused of cheating few times, which i take as the highest complement.

There is number of problems in AH, cheating isn't one of them.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2023, 06:32:10 PM »
I've been playing this game for 20+ year now, with small breaks occasionally.

I'm yet to find a cheater. Few looked weird, but likely cased by lag. Some were just too good, but film review showed that it was me who sucked.

I've been accused of cheating few times, which i take as the highest complement.

There is number of problems in AH, cheating isn't one of them.

Only cheating I ever witnessed first hand was the unlimited ammo Lancs. It was anyway back in the day.  Was a wild sight!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2023, 08:25:16 PM »
Lets go there?

I've seen a couple things that are questionable but nothing I would be able prove as cheating so I've never accused anybody of cheating other then goofing around.

I have noticed that when I would shoot a random persons lanc and it would take damage like all the other lancs.

Then there are a couple players who when I shoot their lancs with the same plane at the same range etc that they would soak up the ammo and not take much damage. An example of this was when I shot a lanc with a 262 and upon reviewing the film I saw multiple 30mm hits on it that resulted in no visible damage and the lanc flew on as if nothing had happened.  Instead of accusing people of cheating I just figure that for some reason I must be shooting rubber bullets.

Another one is that it seems that there are a couple people who's .50 cals hit like .30mm shells. I figured they must have had a field modification to their plane or some special ammo or something. I've been in a maneuvering jug 1.3k from B17s and have had a wing torn off with one ping by one of these players.

Both of these are consistent with these players who it happens with. It's not some random thing. It's almost like they're loading an arena config file from their machine locally with the lethality and/or the plane toughness turned up.

The way I look at it is, if a person is cheating, they know it and they know that they are lame so I never made an issue of it. But since it came up I figured I'd throw it out there.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2023, 10:36:25 PM »
I think this is confirmation bias lol. I do fair amount of bomber runs and there is always someone with an unlikely kill. I shoot like Mr Magoo in a fighter so I am no expert. I love flying a 51 but I’m terrible in it shooting, I can out fly or keep pace with you in it but I probably can’t kill you. Some people have the right convergence for those 50’s and can make them hurt a lot. The right player at the proper conv. with .50 calibers is a deadly combo.
Lets go there?

I've seen a couple things that are questionable but nothing I would be able prove as cheating so I've never accused anybody of cheating other then goofing around.

I have noticed that when I would shoot a random persons lanc and it would take damage like all the other lancs.

Then there are a couple players who when I shoot their lancs with the same plane at the same range etc that they would soak up the ammo and not take much damage. An example of this was when I shot a lanc with a 262 and upon reviewing the film I saw multiple 30mm hits on it that resulted in no visible damage and the lanc flew on as if nothing had happened.  Instead of accusing people of cheating I just figure that for some reason I must be shooting rubber bullets.

Another one is that it seems that there are a couple people who's .50 cals hit like .30mm shells. I figured they must have had a field modification to their plane or some special ammo or something. I've been in a maneuvering jug 1.3k from B17s and have had a wing torn off with one ping by one of these players.

Both of these are consistent with these players who it happens with. It's not some random thing. It's almost like they're loading an arena config file from their machine locally with the lethality and/or the plane toughness turned up.

The way I look at it is, if a person is cheating, they know it and they know that they are lame so I never made an issue of it. But since it came up I figured I'd throw it out there.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 02:25:09 AM »
Lets go there?

Well, I have noticed similar things but as we know, nobody has ever seen any cheats in AH, so they do not exist...  Like I have never seen Bolivian police officer, so they do not exist either.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 12:17:57 PM »
Well, I have noticed similar things but as we know, nobody has ever seen any cheats in AH, so they do not exist...  Like I have never seen Bolivian police officer, so they do not exist either.

You mean like " I have checks, I must have money"?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2023, 12:24:33 PM »
Just wait until he sends you a private message!  :aok

And if he is blocked from getting to your PM, he'll harrass you on YT.  I guess he didn't find a, sorry, another video he wanted to steal.   :rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2023, 12:34:47 PM »
You mean like " I have checks, I must have money"?

Message clearly not received in its original shape.