Author Topic: What keeps this game alive?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: What keeps this game alive?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2023, 05:58:54 PM »
What is keeping this game alive?

The old folks that have been here since day one are what's keeping this game going.
Since there are really no new players joining and you old folks are dropping like fly's, it's only a matter of time until this game is done for.
I bet HTC is barely breaking even trying to keep this game alive.

Just let it go man, or sell it to someone who gives a sh*t.
Good day.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2023, 06:03:31 PM »
The old folks that have been here since day one are what's keeping this game going.
Since there are really no new players joining and you old folks are dropping like fly's, it's only a matter of time until this game is done for.

Good day.

Coogan

I obviously do not know but unless there are still debts from closing the biz per se AH should be almost pure profit by now. It’s a hard drive in a drawer at this point.

But of course who can know for sure. I will play til it’s gone or I am.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 06:13:17 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2023, 06:11:41 PM »
I'm sure a lot of it is profit, since he no longer has a staff to pay.
Too bad.  This game really had a lot of potential.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2023, 06:21:36 PM »
Before I came back, I DLed the rival sims to check them out and settle on something, maybe something new, different.

Those sims literally did not last on my machine more then 15 minutes. I was sucked in by the modern graphics, like many do, but very quickly found the game-play didn't match the graphics, at all. And the payment plans were a bad hook. They get you into the realm of once you invest it's harder to leave that investment. I wouldn't want to leave $300 in planes, and then end up in that no escape cycle of buy more, for those who bit that hook. They are more about emptying your wallet than game-play.

The selling of other sims is an act of desperation from the experience of lameness "please come make it more exciting for me, worth my investment". If a sim is that great, you don't have time to spend time selling it where it should not be, you'd be spending that time in it. If it's that great their butt will follow. I didn't follow.

Is this "selling of sims" all based on the one post I made about IL2 pricing?

BTW, those who claim to not fly anymore for years, still here and selling other sims, still have AH installed (I know this as fact) and still fly AH under shades. Because if you knew they flew that would minimize their sales pitches that this is over. Which exposes them as dishonest brokers. This sim has a boat load of life still in it. We have return players and increasing numbers, their numbers in both rivals, are dropping. One is said to be "dead". https://www.reddit.com/r/il2sturmovik/comments/15vmsns/il2_bos_multiplayer_is_dead/?rdt=48255
I still have AH installed and I still fly offline missions and sometimes FFA in match play. Not sure why that would be a bad thing.
I don't fly in AH under any shade account.

Not sure how true this reddit post is as I was just on an IL2 server that had over 40 people on a small map that was a blast.

It seems to me that you enjoy trolling because you make statements of "fact" that are not entirely true as a way to get people to respond.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »

Good day.

Coogan

Last time a game like this sold out, it closed its doors.  Is that what you are looking for?

While it's nothing like pre 2012, it's still well worth 15 a month.  I prefer it stays in dales hands.  The guy went through a rough divorce and heart surgery and still kept the lights on for us.

If you want 10 minutes of 15 dollars, go to Burger King and have it your way.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2023, 06:46:12 PM »
I never thought I'd see someone giving terrible advice on credit on this forum but here we are lol.

No kidding.

That said, After many years of it's life, I think the "pretty planes on pretty maps" people would stop trying to talk people into doing what they don't want to do. If people want to do that they would have already done it by now without sad used car salesman pitches and techniques and temper tantrum trash can kicking. They don't need any reason of 100s to not do what they don't want to do. Con-Man.

Seems like everyone who makes that move comes back around like they just joined a cult and everyone should do what they did or their life will end. It's kinda freakish weirdo stuff. It also smells of desperation, clue #1. It's like they break up with the GF, but keep coming around as a stalker to bash the new BF. How many times do people who do not want that have to say no? 1000? Ya'd think that after 100s of failed attempts they'd get the point on move on. If the power of suggestion doesn't work ONE TIME, nothing will. They gonna knock on my door with a bible too?

No matter how you pitch it, it would require more $$ for many to upgrade, just to pay more when they get in, to do something they don't want to do. Spend your own money, do what you like, and move on. My advice to them is quit being a pushy obsessive weirdo, they look the damn fool. Their choice is their choice, my choice is my choice. Quit being a stalking ex-bf.

After all this, I would avoid that because they give the impression that everyone there is an obsessive weirdo freak of nature. <shudders> They probably have this obsessive problem in RL too. People telling them "enough, go away". Personality Disorder.

They can't stand that big mean old Animl presents reality, calls them out, and wants to promote AH, and it messes up their agenda to con people into doing what they don't want to do. Coming around here kicking over trash cans in their neighbor's yard, to get their way. Juvenile.

The more they do it, the more I want to stay right here just to spite dense weirdos. The king of all this still flies AH in shades, after saying he quit many years ago. Actually, several of them do. One should ask themselves "why?". Dishonest Broker.

The king of the used car salesmen actually still has AH installed and flies in shade. "I quit years ago". He also uses shades on bbs. Demented.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2023, 06:46:17 PM »
Last time a game like this sold out, it closed its doors.  Is that what you are looking for?

While it's nothing like pre 2012, it's still well worth 15 a month.  I prefer it stays in dales hands.  The guy went through a rough divorce and heart surgery and still kept the lights on for us.

If you want 10 minutes of 15 dollars, go to Burger King and have it your way.

You're one of those old folks I'm talking about.
You getting the picture yet, fly-boy.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2023, 06:46:51 PM »
I'm sure a lot of it is profit, since he no longer has a staff to pay.
Too bad.  This game really had a lot of potential.

Coogan

Move on.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2023, 06:47:45 PM »

Coogan

Nobody here takes Animl seriously, just ignore him. He doesn’t own mirrors.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2023, 06:49:21 PM »
Is this "selling of sims" all based on the one post I made about IL2 pricing?
I still have AH installed and I still fly offline missions and sometimes FFA in match play. Not sure why that would be a bad thing.
I don't fly in AH under any shade account.

Not sure how true this reddit post is as I was just on an IL2 server that had over 40 people on a small map that was a blast.

It seems to me that you enjoy trolling because you make statements of "fact" that are not entirely true as a way to get people to respond.

No that wasn't cool. But I as not referring to you at all. You didn't even pop in my mind. You're newish to the problem. Those I am talking about know I am talking about them.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2023, 06:49:53 PM »

I'm sure I'll get a PM from her/him soon.  Like always.  :rofl

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2023, 06:50:02 PM »

You no longer make any sense, and I'm more serious then your coming heart attack.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2023, 06:51:39 PM »

Coogan

Grow up and move on,... obviously age doesn't prove your maturity level,

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2023, 06:51:50 PM »
You no longer make any sense, and I'm more serious then your coming heart attack.

Calm down little lady...  We're having an adult conversation.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2023, 06:52:11 PM »
I'm sure I'll get a PM from her/him soon.  Like always.  :rofl

Coogan
You never got ONE, so sit down and shut up.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks