Author Topic: Masters of the Air Trailer 2  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Masters of the Air Trailer 2
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2023, 10:56:26 AM »

My guess is that it will be a concurrent\parallel story line like they did in Pacific.

It may not have been have been in the book, but no law says they can't expand the storylines as an example of other Masters of the Air.

There were some historical tweaks and misses in Band of Brothers too.  I can live with a little massaging as long as they don't jump the shark.

Dang now I wish Henry Winkler was in it!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2023, 12:28:28 PM »
It may not have been have been in the book, but no law says they can't expand the storylines as an example of other Masters of the Air.

"ThErE oUgHt tO bE a LaW!!1!" - some racist, probably.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2023, 12:35:59 PM »
That's right... Nothing should be accurate, ever.  And if it is, it's because racism.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2023, 12:39:51 PM »
"ThErE oUgHt tO bE a LaW!!1!" - some racist, probably.

Meh.  My beef, if any, were the other attempts were crap.  I'd love to see a serious, nuanced depiction of the Redtails.

Band of Brothers is still the standard.  If they could produce a BoB level depiction of the the Redtails story, I would watch it in a heartbeat.  If it's good.  If it's bad, it doesn't matter what color the skin of the pilot is.

I'd love to see a BoB level anthology of the 442nd Infantry Regimental Combat Team, too.  Those are legitimate stories.  Those soldiers really went through that bias.  There is no point looking away.  It just need a better treatment than easy two-dimensional made-for-television cut-out cartoon characters.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2023, 01:36:28 PM »
That's right... Nothing should be accurate, ever.  And if it is, it's because racism.

Show me on the doll where the Tuskegee Airman in the movie trailer hurt you.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2024, 12:27:09 PM »
Anyone been watching?

got up to episode 3 and I'm loving it. But especially because I have skin in the game. The dropzone where i work as a cameraman filmed a whole bunch of the bail out stunts, our camera man Paulo filmed over 50% of the shots in the final cuts and Mikey the other 50%. Was a lot of fun working on the airfield during the project. Seeing the stuntmen all dressed up in sheepskins and mae wests, chucking out round canopies after simulating a bailout from our jump plane. The scene in episode 3 where the young crewman cannot help is friend babyface out of the ball turret I can picture our Pac in place of the B17.

Cool series, they've done it real justice and the CGI is so beautiful.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2024, 12:34:27 PM »
Anyone been watching?

got up to episode 3 and I'm loving it. But especially because I have skin in the game. The dropzone where i work as a cameraman filmed a whole bunch of the bail out stunts, our camera man Paulo filmed over 50% of the shots in the final cuts and Mikey the other 50%. Was a lot of fun working on the airfield during the project. Seeing the stuntmen all dressed up in sheepskins and mae wests, chucking out round canopies after simulating a bailout from our jump plane. The scene in episode 3 where the young crewman cannot help is friend babyface out of the ball turret I can picture our Pac in place of the B17.

The third episode was better.  Understandably they had to spend first two setting up the characters and situation.  World-building in writers speak.

Now they can start the story proper.

While there are probably not enough of the vets left to bookend the episodes with interviews, they could have used historians like Ken Burns' Civil War series.

If the rest is as good or better than ep. 3 (though not perfect)  then I will be happy.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2024, 04:02:07 PM »
Anyone been watching?

A few pages of comments here....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408816.0.html

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2024, 04:03:29 PM »
Anyone been watching?

Sweet that you got to work on it!

I am liking the series a lot.  I think they are doing a great job.

I wish you could join us in the Masters of the Air scenario that is running Saturdays.  But the time in the UK would be quite difficult, starting at Sunday, 1 am London time.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2024, 04:41:42 PM »
Wasn't sure I was going to like the series but episode 3 stepped it up a couple of notches.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2024, 05:58:20 PM »
Sweet that you got to work on it!

I am liking the series a lot.  I think they are doing a great job.

I wish you could join us in the Masters of the Air scenario that is running Saturdays.  But the time in the UK would be quite difficult, starting at Sunday, 1 am London time.

Would love to Brooke, many happy memories of the events here. Unfortunately now with a family and pushing on in years myself, I think my days of staying up until dawn playing games are now few and far between.  :old:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2024, 12:38:58 PM »
Would love to Brooke, many happy memories of the events here. Unfortunately now with a family and pushing on in years myself, I think my days of staying up until dawn playing games are now few and far between.  :old:

LOL Mechanic, your 20 minute nap every hour interupting your flying?   :D

I just hit 65 Sunday  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2024, 12:59:30 PM »

Congrats old man!

I turn that in April..

Enjoying those non stop social security calls?  :aok

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2024, 03:16:09 PM »

Congrats! I did that back in July, retired Jan 1st.

The "honey do list" is still keeping from flying more!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2024, 11:09:22 AM »

:rofl 20 minute nap every half an hour is better Shuff!

I'm only 41, but I'm feeling the time zone differences more than when I started AH at 17