Author Topic: double ganged  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
Re: double ganged
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2023, 07:03:20 PM »
First, lets get back to the topic. the OP I think was talking about "fights". not land grabbing.

There are two types of "fighters" in the game, those that like to fight for the fun of the fight. Shida, flippz, MARK4, Simon, Yucca and so on. You know these guys as they come in mid alt, and will fight to the death on the deck in what ever plane they are in. The second group are the score potatos. While many will say "I dont play for score" they are also the ones that seem to be the guys who point out how many times they have been ranked #1. You can also spot them by how they fly. In groups at high alt. Only engaging when the other player is busy (picking, clearing your 12 oclock...), and then running like they have 100 guys chasing them until they can get back to that high horse they were perched on.

LMFAO. Simon is the biggest picker in the game. He sucks 1 v 1 and can't win a fight without his gang of Hogs around him to beat his target down in E or save him as he is flailing around/running.

You have lost all credibility to dare compare Simon to someone like Shida.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2023, 07:42:30 PM »
First, lets get back to the topic. the OP I think was talking about "fights". not land grabbing.

There are two types of "fighters" in the game, those that like to fight for the fun of the fight. Shida, flippz, MARK4, Simon, Yucca and so on. You know these guys as they come in mid alt, and will fight to the death on the deck in what ever plane they are in. The second group are the score potatos. While many will say "I dont play for score" they are also the ones that seem to be the guys who point out how many times they have been ranked #1. You can also spot them by how they fly. In groups at high alt. Only engaging when the other player is busy (picking, clearing your 12 oclock...), and then running like they have 100 guys chasing them until they can get back to that high horse they were perched on.

The problem is there are not that many "fighter" guys that really want to fight. Id say it about 1 in 5 are real fighter guys. Of the guys that fly fighters in these groups there may not be more than 400 total, so thats less than 100 fighter guys. The other 400-600 players are split between bombers, attack planes and GVs and their objective isnt to fight, its to aid in the capture of bases and sometimes the defense of those bases.

So out of the 1000-800 player we have playing the game less than 100 are fighter types looking for a fight. Add in time of day/population locations IE euro, asian/fire rim, west coast, east coast that gives you a dozen fighter types playing in prime time. Its not going to change until/unless the numbers go up. This is the hardest hit group of players in the game due to numbers.

Most players are doing what they want in the game and can still do it as the numbers still support their type of play. 6-8 players for a base take, 4-6 for defense, gvs 4-5 per side makes a great battle, but with only a few fighter type out there they have a hard time finding other fighter types and for whats left, most of those guys dont want to fight.

Someone said you cant change human behaviour with code. Change the code so when a team takes two bases against one opponent all other bases against that opponent are locked until the team takes a base from the other opponent.  Bish take 2 from the knights so they have to switch fronts to take at least one from the Rooks, but not more than 2 because they would have to switch to the other front again. This way you wont see a night long run of pushing one team down to 10% of their fields. With the force from the code players have to fight other enemies instead of rolling just one. The double gang would almost disappear because we know most of the action in the game is generated by the base capture guys.

I know we need more numbers. Half of the complaints in the games would disappear if we had double the numbers we have now.

I also believe that a few minor changes in the code could add spice to the game and negate some of the minuses to help with the numbers.
+1
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2023, 08:10:32 PM »

LMFAO. Simon is the biggest picker in the game. He sucks 1 v 1 and can't win a fight without his gang of Hogs around him to beat his target down in E or save him as he is flailing around/running.

You have lost all credibility to dare compare Simon to someone like Shida.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I've fought Simon many times 1 vs 1, dont remember winning many but hey its me. Maybe its because I dont hide in a horde so he doesnt need to bring one to fight me.  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2023, 10:10:21 PM »
Not when you can't get there without five drop tanks.

I have never been on a team being double teamed where you couldn't get in the fight rather quickly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2023, 10:47:00 PM »
I've fought Simon many times 1 vs 1, dont remember winning many but hey its me. Maybe its because I dont hide in a horde so he doesnt need to bring one to fight me.  :D

No, it's because you're even less skilled than he.   :ahand

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2023, 10:48:21 PM »
I have never been on a team being double teamed where you couldn't get in the fight rather quickly.

I was erroneously referring to the side being ignored.  My bad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2023, 06:42:27 AM »
I was erroneously referring to the side being ignored.  My bad.

Who are you in ma? Skyr?

Nice hiding under aliases on the bbs

Stop crapping on our game with your petty ego whining

Get into MA and kill us all please...and stfu while you're at it lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2023, 08:26:39 AM »
No, it's because you're even less skilled than he.   :ahand

How many fights you have had with Fugi?

I like animals, even snakes. I've been bitten by poisonous viper three (3) times, and still I neither hate nor am I afraid of them. I spend lots of time by helping stray cats and dogs and I have adopted several ones, which wouldn't have made it without shelter and help.

You know, animals act based on their instincts. Snakes, like cobras, use their venom to defend themselves and hunt. They do not spread it around because they are vain, have low self esteem or just by malice. And when male cobras fight for females, they use no methods to injure. They wrestle and the one who manages to push his opponent down to the ground, it the winner and the the losing party slinks away. No hard feelings, better luck next year.

On the other hand, there are snakes who walk on two (2) feet, put themselves above of everyone, have an avatar with a guy posing in leather pants and show condescension and contempt to everyone and everything, except their own alter egos. They are not real snakes, but an epitome of non-existent self-esteem. They just poison everything around them, not with real poison but by their behaviour. They deserve no respect, or even attention. Just ignorance.

So, just dump them.   

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2023, 12:09:09 PM »
Who are you in ma? Skyr?

Eagler

++

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2023, 12:16:07 PM »

There is a third type buddy.  The Pigs On The Wing just loved to watch everything blow up and burn.  If a good fight comes out of it, great.  If a capture is made or a base is defended, great.  But were there cool explosions, flaming wreckage, fires, and awesome or funny kills? That's the important stuff!  :aok  Happy Holidays Fugi!!!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2023, 12:22:06 PM »
Who are you in ma? Skyr?

Eagler

He’s Vraciu… most common answer anyway.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2023, 12:58:38 PM »
There are two types of "fighters" in the game, those that like to fight for the fun of the fight...

Honoured but probably a bad example. My hobby within the AH hobby is primarily motivated by my learning disabilities. I used to put myself in shocking positions and see if I could swim out of it because my challenge is principally with myself. I'm not driven by the score or other observable results but my own ongoing training agenda or trying to unravel a particular piece of an opponent's ACM I've seen. Probably understanding everything would mark the end of the hobby for me.

About winning: look at Gabriel Varga's video about how he beat Lerdsila. Yes he won that match. Does that make him as accomplished and admirable as Lerdsila? To me it didn't really prove anything more than no one is invincible. I think we already knew that anyway.

One thing I do find a bit weird about the result-focussed faction is that hit and run and ganging isn't the most effective low-risk-to-results-productive technique. That would be properly-done and subtle BnZ IMHO - quite rare in AH but I can think of one semi-active player who does it brilliantly.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2023, 01:10:37 PM »
Who are you in ma?

Palace_Cobra is Vraciu's troll account. He uses it to fluff himself and his hero, and because his actual handle is on many people's ignore lists due to spamming PMs.

Of course he denies it, but it's more than obvious if you look at his posting history. The story tends to change, including his recent laughable insistence that PC/Vraciu are siblings.

Having the gall to post from a troll/shade/fluffer account that TheFugitive, of all people, lacks credibility is the icing on top of this sad Christmas fruitcake.

Now you may not recognize the handle Vraciu if you just play the game, as he's not really noticeable, and certainly not threatening or particularly memorable in any way.

Except if you tune to ch200, where you'll recognize his frequent, hours-long ranting meltdowns, along with his fantastical stories of dominance over the top players, comical claims that he's an Airbus commercial pilot, and constant boasting about things that never actually happened. It doesn't matter that what he says is easily disproven, so long as his target audience is impressed.

In fact, I am pretty sure that he led Seal Team Six in the assassination of Bin Laden, and once beat up Chuck Norris in a bar fight after he said something mean about his adolescent crush, Skyyr.

If you've ever crossed paths with him, and likely shot him down, his demands that you participate in a grudge match duel are also probably familiar. Just bear in mind that he'll be a no-show unless Skyyr is around on Discord to log in under his account to fight for him.

As far as his comments go, they're not really worth dignifying, since anyone that actually plays the game knows what's up.

Every village has it's Vraciu, and it's probably prudent to look upon it as comic relief, rather with the disdain or disgust that may come naturally. People with such a tenuous grip on reality can present a danger to themselves and others, so it's probably best to avoid them to keep your conscience clear.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to create another BBS account so I can agree with myself.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »
He’s Vraciu… most common answer anyway.

I sure hope not, while Vraciu and I don't agree on everything, I've never seen him do anything as underhanded as this.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2023, 01:17:43 PM »
Palace_Cobra is Vraciu's troll account. He uses it to fluff himself and his hero, and because his actual handle is on many people's ignore lists due to spamming PMs.

Of course he denies it, but it's more than obvious if you look at his posting history. The story tends to change, including his recent laughable insistence that PC/Vraciu are siblings.

Having the gall to post from a troll/shade/fluffer account that TheFugitive, of all people, lacks credibility is the icing on top of this sad Christmas fruitcake.

Now you may not recognize the handle Vraciu if you just play the game, as he's not really noticeable, and certainly not threatening or particularly memorable in any way.

Except if you tune to ch200, where you'll recognize his frequent, hours-long ranting meltdowns, along with his fantastical stories of dominance over the top players, comical claims that he's an Airbus commercial pilot, and constant boasting about things that never actually happened. It doesn't matter that what he says is easily disproven, so long as his target audience is impressed.

In fact, I am pretty sure that he led Seal Team Six in the assassination of Bin Laden, and once beat up Chuck Norris in a bar fight after he said something mean about his adolescent crush, Skyyr.

If you've ever crossed paths with him, and likely shot him down, his demands that you participate in a grudge match duel are also probably familiar. Just bear in mind that he'll be a no-show unless Skyyr is around on Discord to log in under his account to fight for him.

As far as his comments go, they're not really worth dignifying, since anyone that actually plays the game knows what's up.

Every village has it's Vraciu, and it's probably prudent to look upon it as comic relief, rather with the disdain or disgust that may come naturally. People with such a tenuous grip on reality can present a danger to themselves and others, so it's probably best to avoid them to keep your conscience clear.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to create another BBS account so I can agree with myself.

:rofl :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion