Author Topic: AW/ Aces High II Vet... Hey yall  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Gun5

• Zinc Member
AW/ Aces High II Vet... Hey yall
« on: December 25, 2023, 10:49:18 AM »
Been a long time I played AW in my teens and Aces High last in 2014 probably? was part of Freebirds squadron when I left AH2...

What has happend? where did everyone go?

:salute 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 10:51:08 AM by Gun5 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: AW/ Aces High II Vet... Hey yall
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »
Some moved on to different games, many have died off, but there are still a bunch here having fun.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 04:57:39 PM »
Welcome back Gun5,
Still a great fun combat simulator, in my humble opinion the best in the market, with still many friendly and deadly players.
 :salute :salute

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 05:34:52 PM »
It's fun, especially the special events. The MA is very competitive but you can't just aimlessly fly around in there and expect not to get rekt. You gotta practice and want to get better to dodge gangs and other situations with respect to SA. It's not an EZ mode game, but there are planes that are easier to be successful in in the MA. It's a tough place of nature but it's a war strategy game afterall  :rofl

:airplane: :joystick:

Merry Christmas
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023, 08:59:11 PM »
LOL!

I'm here and I'm just a no one status down to Newb because its' been a year or so since my last fight.
I have to say that this game is way more than just a game its a comunity of guys who like to play with planes from WW2 an we try beat the hell out of eachother in these little airplanes! :cheers:

I say comunity because you can see even the owner of AH has posted and talked to each of us about the problems he's been having at his house and we all talk to him in a child to a father kind of way... This place if one hell of a place to make friends over the years personal or whatever... I would never trade this game for another because its far more then just a game! :aok

<S> Morph
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Gun5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 01:47:25 PM »
yes I miss the big group of guys that used to be here... I know many where Vets and where usually 20-30 years older then me at the time (I'v lost my father & grandfather both since 2014)  I was cleaning out my dad's house the other day and found the original CD's for AW I, II and 3 aswell as alot of other cool stuff that time has thrown to the wayside in the name of cookie cutter profit chasing

BTW The game seems mostly the same I guess engine updates and other stuff have happend... its still AW II essentially?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 01:52:14 PM by Gun5 »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 01:59:02 PM »
It's still the best $15 you can spend for 30 days of 24/7 fun

Give it a try

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 02:28:07 PM »
yes I miss the big group of guys that used to be here... I know many where Vets and where usually 20-30 years older then me at the time (I'v lost my father & grandfather both since 2014)  I was cleaning out my dad's house the other day and found the original CD's for AW I, II and 3 aswell as alot of other cool stuff that time has thrown to the wayside in the name of cookie cutter profit chasing

BTW The game seems mostly the same I guess engine updates and other stuff have happend... its still AW II essentially?

The dar is different in both aircraft and ground vehicles. It makes it easier to find a fight. Game play has changed a lot as with fewer numbers you see different play to make up for it. We have maybe 6-7 new maps added to the list, one almost a true european layout, so that adds a bit more interest.

Still a lot of fun to be had.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 07:02:43 PM »

What has happend? where did everyone go?

:salute

They are playing DCS
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 07:42:57 PM »
They are playing DCS

Prove it.

Your twitch channel is dead, and the stream another player had running today that I watched had two friendlies flying around in pretty planes looking for someone to shoot at. They ended up just straphing static ground targets. Looked like so much fun I almost DLed DSC again  :rolleyes:

Id bet Aces High has lost more players to death than to DCS.

Go troll someplace else Dick.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 10:13:06 PM »
Couldn't have said it better......Dick
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 09:02:37 AM »
Prove it.

Your twitch channel is dead, and the stream another player had running today that I watched had two friendlies flying around in pretty planes looking for someone to shoot at. They ended up just straphing static ground targets. Looked like so much fun I almost DLed DSC again  :rolleyes:

Id bet Aces High has lost more players to death than to DCS.

Go troll someplace else Dick.

Anyone with half a brain knows why pretty planes people troll here, desperation.

Even with lower numbers than the past, AH is STILL more fun as far as actual fighting goes. Ya don’t sell in other sim forums if things are really just cherry. Low class and rude = desperation. Things that are great sell themselves. No ads, no 30 FB pages, AH numbers ARE climbing. That speaks for itself.

Led Zepplin almost never advertised, word of mouth sold out arenas in minutes. Fact.
Coke and Pepsi almost no advertising.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Gun5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2024, 09:55:23 PM »
Well I might join yall again I need to see if my old logitech still works... I'm on a little HP elitedesk 704 g4 no more gaming PC but when I load it seems to run pretty good

Ryzen 5 - 4 GHZ - 16Gb Ram.. but onboard graphics (AMD Vega11)

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 10:41:53 AM »
I came back after 10 years and it is still the most fun I've had online! Definitely miss some of the players gone now but those left are the best to spend time with. I love this game and the community  :cheers:
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2024, 08:51:36 AM »
Prove it.

Your twitch channel is dead,

Thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it.

I mention DCS because all the people who used to play this game are either dead or playing DCS.

The people who play aces high are awesome people, its a awesome community. But the better gameplay is DCS. From sling loading cargo to setting up the MFD's in my F-18 it is way better than aces high.

And a few of you are salty about that.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys