Author Topic: A serious discussion on safe zones  (Read 948 times)

Offline FormerPlayer

• Zinc Member
A serious discussion on safe zones
« on: December 27, 2023, 05:44:56 PM »
Given the steep learning curve in the game why not allow new players a button to hit to activate a 50 by 50 metre box around their plane when they are in trouble, the guy who was attacking would clearly see this box and be unable to shoot into it.

Also an automatic comms link would open between the two former opponents in which the vet pilot gets to share tips on what the new guy done wrong. And perhaps a sportsmanship award for letting the new guy practice shooting down the vet pilot.

Something needs to be done to get the numbers in this game and I think it's time we had a serious chat about it. :airplane:

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: A serious discussion on safe zones
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 07:46:43 PM »
Something needs to be done to get the numbers in this game and I think it's time we had a serious chat about it. :airplane:
Only if you promise to put down the crack pipe first.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 08:02:53 PM »

I would start off by suggesting...

A development crew that actually is paying attention to what's going on in the game.

I game patches/fixes would be nice...

More aircraft/new aircraft....

A new graphics engine....

Advertising /marketing.

And I would suggest a course change from an arcade simulator back towards a true combat/flight Simulator.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 08:32:22 PM »

I would start off by suggesting...

A development crew that actually is paying attention to what's going on in the game.

I game patches/fixes would be nice...

More aircraft/new aircraft....

A new graphics engine....

Advertising /marketing.

And I would suggest a course change from an arcade simulator back towards a true combat/flight Simulator.

CAV
Sounds like you got the crack pipe now.

I wouldn't hold you breath. I'm pretty sure Dale has a long list of things that are more important. :)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 08:42:03 PM »
Given the steep learning curve in the game why not allow new players a button to hit to activate a 50 by 50 metre box around their plane when they are in trouble, the guy who was attacking would clearly see this box and be unable to shoot into it.

Also an automatic comms link would open between the two former opponents in which the vet pilot gets to share tips on what the new guy done wrong. And perhaps a sportsmanship award for letting the new guy practice shooting down the vet pilot.

1. Aint never gonna happen.
2. See CAV's response.
3. Development crew no longer physically exist in this game. It is just a one man show now (Dale). Unless some more devs are brought in to breathe new life into the game, its on auto pilot until kaput. (and I am a paying sub)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 09:45:33 PM »
Just another troll account. All 5 of his posts were today. Hitech should spend a bit more time monitoring and bouncing the trolls.

As for the post, even tho it is a BS posted only to try and create havoc....

As a "former player" you should know better than any that dying is what motivates most player to get better. If they dont have that motivation, they leave. Its what has kept the game alive for more than 20 years.

I wish Hitech would turn on the cross channel comms again so private messaged could be sent like they were before in the old days with one cavit. Create a popup box that says "so and so has sent you a PM would you like to talk with them?" and a yes and no check box. If yes you can connect, if no, for as long as your on line for that seccion they can not PM you. Even a newb can work his way through that.

"WE" have had many discussions about getting the numbers up. Many good ( I think) suggestions have been made to help with that that are very minimal work to Hitech to try, but as always, it is in his court to deside.....if he hasnt already decided .... which way he want the game to go.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 09:46:19 PM »
Sounds like you got the crack pipe now.

I wouldn't hold you breath. I'm pretty sure Dale has a long list of things that are more important. :)

And then there's that.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 09:49:34 PM »

Oh I don't think it's ever going to happen. AH Is on life support, barely. I hate to say it but the best thing that can happen to Aceshigh Is for Dale to sell it, if he can. I will probably keep paying my subscription, but by today's standards $15 a month is what I pay for games that's getting developed, adding new things and getting better. I no longer feel I'm getting my money's worth here.My list, Is the bare minimums of what my $15 a month should be getting me, it's what it used to get me.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2023, 09:51:28 PM »
Just another troll account. All 5 of his posts were today. Hitech should spend a bit more time monitoring and bouncing the trolls.

As for the post, even tho it is a BS posted only to try and create havoc....

As a "former player" you should know better than any that dying is what motivates most player to get better. If they dont have that motivation, they leave. Its what has kept the game alive for more than 20 years.

I wish Hitech would turn on the cross channel comms again so private messaged could be sent like they were before in the old days with one cavit. Create a popup box that says "so and so has sent you a PM would you like to talk with them?" and a yes and no check box. If yes you can connect, if no, for as long as your on line for that seccion they can not PM you. Even a newb can work his way through that.

"WE" have had many discussions about getting the numbers up. Many good ( I think) suggestions have been made to help with that that are very minimal work to Hitech to try, but as always, it is in his court to deside.....if he hasnt already decided .... which way he want the game to go.

Take note
It always happens right after returning players make a post.
The same two (or 4) "former players" suddenly appear as a tag team after a few days of absence.
We get trolled on new accounts, shades.
3-5 days from now, or new players arrive, it will happen again.
And the community will pamper their real user names as innocent.
HT won't boot em.
Rinse and repeat.

There IS a pattern here, including sentence structure tells.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 09:57:41 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2023, 09:53:33 PM »
Oh I don't think it's ever going to happen. AH Is on life support, barely. I hate to say it but the best thing that can happen to Aceshigh Is for Dale to sell it, if he can. I will probably keep paying my subscription, but by today's standards $15 a month is what I pay for games that's getting developed, adding new things and getting better. I no longer feel I'm getting my money's worth here.My list, Is the bare minimums of what my $15 a month should be getting me, it's what it used to get me.

CAV

While I agree to a point,...today I bought a 15$ sandwich that lasted 7 minutes.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2023, 10:16:46 PM »

There seem to be 1 or 2 people that can pretty much get what they request from Hitech. Maybe you just need to figure out who they are and have them ask on your behalf? :)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2023, 10:18:42 PM »
While I agree to a point,...today I bought a 15$ sandwich that lasted 7 minutes.
Wow. How did you recycle it so fast? Did you eat it while sitting on the toilet? lol

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2023, 10:26:44 PM »
Wow. How did you recycle it so fast? Did you eat it while sitting on the toilet? lol

It was McDs, so ya,.. 7 minutes, in proper order, pretty accurate. 7.10  including flush.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2023, 10:42:10 PM »
First lets look at the word "metre"in the US we measure by imperial or pixels. either British or exposed to British terms on a regular. And polite passive aggressive sentence structure.

2nd The use of the words Former Player. Who has this been referred to many times, top of the head.
3rd "number count" a constant in the general, usually by 2 "former players' who use the passive aggressive approach regularly to love but insult the game.
4th Learning Curve was recently spoken.
5th access to a different more formal training system. They didn't invent it. It's not IL-2.
6th a grown adult doing childish things, often.
7th mentioned another player doing same exact thing, when no one else brought it up.
8th these are systematic repeats. refer to #7
9th These started after Skyyr was allowed back

Amazing what a IP address on a forum will tell you.

I can't imagine who this might be. <eye roll>
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 10:53:55 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2023, 01:48:17 AM »

This puts, IMHO, things in good perspective. 

First lets look at the word "metre" in the US we measure by imperial or pixels. either British or exposed to British terms on a regular. And polite passive aggressive sentence structure.

In GB, imperials are used as well, still. Their gallon and pint are bigger than US and there are some other differences but they haven't adopted metric system.