Author Topic: Where is HighTech's Support for Skins not showing up?  (Read 527 times)

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
Where is HighTech's Support for Skins not showing up?
« on: December 29, 2023, 05:07:44 PM »
Going back months in the forums customers are reporting issues with skins not showing up. However I see NO responses from HighTech on this. I see NO Solutions posted. I ask others in game if they know what is going on, nobody knows.

So, I put this Directly to High Tech and Staff. Where is  your solution to this?

Only default skins show up and in random aren's. Been playing this since back in 2001 I believe. Where is the Tech Support on this issue? I could understand if this just happened, I would expect some time for a solution, but MONTHS? No Sticky Post from High Tech at least stating they are aware and working on a solution?

I would really appreciate some official response to this from High Tech.

What is the Solution?

Regards
KayBay 

in game SEKayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Where is HighTech's Support for Skins not showing up?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 09:23:11 AM »
Not sure what you're remarking on?  Occasionally some will "lose" the skins, but re-logging resolves that.

Do you have auto skin download enabled?  (in hangar, plane selection menu there's a check box for this)

You can download specific skins or all skins manually from the downloads (skins) page. https://www.hitechcreations.com/downloads/downloads-skins

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 10:45:39 AM »
Check out the "Graphic Detail" settings on the main clipboard.   Make sure " Disable other plane skins" isn't checked.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 08:18:36 PM »
Going back months in the forums customers are reporting issues with skins not showing up. However I see NO responses from HighTech on this. I see NO Solutions posted. I ask others in game if they know what is going on, nobody knows.

So, I put this Directly to High Tech and Staff. Where is  your solution to this?

Only default skins show up and in random aren's. Been playing this since back in 2001 I believe. Where is the Tech Support on this issue? I could understand if this just happened, I would expect some time for a solution, but MONTHS? No Sticky Post from High Tech at least stating they are aware and working on a solution?

I would really appreciate some official response to this from High Tech.

What is the Solution?

Regards
KayBay 

in game SEKayBay

Another great technique is to just call HiTech, and ask him.  Technique only, though.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 02:32:04 PM »
Greetings <S> to all that replied.

Yes Auto Download of Skins is checked.
Yes Disable other plane skins is not checked.
Yes I have ALL the skins in the appropriate game folder where they have been for decades.
Yes I have re-logged dozens of time, no effect.

What I am remarking on is, when I go to the Hanger and select an Aircraft the ONLY skin option in the  "SKIN" box is the Default skin.

Thank  you again to those players that replied and attempted to assist me with this issue.

I will just keep logging in until I presume the issue solves itself.

<S> All  :cool:
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 02:57:43 PM »
Greetings <S> to all that replied.

Yes Auto Download of Skins is checked.
Yes Disable other plane skins is not checked.
Yes I have ALL the skins in the appropriate game folder where they have been for decades.
Yes I have re-logged dozens of time, no effect.

What I am remarking on is, when I go to the Hanger and select an Aircraft the ONLY skin option in the  "SKIN" box is the Default skin.

Thank  you again to those players that replied and attempted to assist me with this issue.

I will just keep logging in until I presume the issue solves itself.

<S> All  :cool:

Well this is an issue on your end. I have all skins available when I log in.

I seem to remember this happening to someone else years ago and the fix was very easy. Ill do some searching.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 03:04:47 PM »
Other than the P51 hanging download all my skins are good too.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 04:24:45 PM »
Curious what the date on your skins.res file in the skin directory is.  You could try renaming it to something like "skins_05Jan23.res" and start up AH and connect online; that will force the system to download the newest version.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2024, 09:01:32 PM »
I havent found anything yet, but it might be something as easy as moving the "skins.cfg" file out of the settings folder and dropping it on the desktop so you can find it if you need it.. Restart the game and login on line then check your skins.