Author Topic: "Strictly Aces High III" Facebook page created.  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Strictly Aces High III" Facebook page created.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2024, 11:12:49 AM »
Good point, the one thing every narcissist hates is to be ignored.  Once they figure out they no longer can control and manipulate someone they go away.

They do? How long does that take?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2024, 12:08:14 PM »
I hate to say it Animal, but you feed the drama.

Put those few that start the drama on ignore and then go about your business. What they say doesn't matter and when on ignore like I have them you never see any of it so it cant bother you so you wont respond, feeding the trolls.

Use the ignore feature, and continue to do what you can to "help" this game. It is not your responsibility to curb their stupidity, but you can help slow it by not feeding them.

Just a thought.

Naaa, you don’t hate to say it, you should say it. I’ve read what I see as reasonable replies. I’m not offended. In almost any debate/discussion lays somewhere in the middle, between Fugitive and Hazmat, and what Shuffler said.. I’m not under the notion one person can save it, it takes a village, and the will of the gods. They are either on board or they’re not.

The Headless Horseman is responsible for most dcs mentions. It’s a two birds with one stone. Using slander on someone is a sign of weakness. I’m not the easy pushover they prefer, they have to work for it. It’s an “I’ve got nothing else” corner. It’s failure. To run me off, any port in the storm. Blaaaahhhh!

I’m not bat-crap crazy about a chain saw approach to helping, I have more of a scalpel concept. The drama just makes it appear overboard.

Cut down bbs and 200 drama and politics that splits crowds. Show those who missed AH3 update. And get the word out we’re still here.this next scenario may cover 2 if the 3. Hype the hell out of it.

I don’t think its unreasonable to get the MA count to 300, I doubt 700. Save the game or not, would that not be a blast? It takes a village.

200 has cleaned up drastically. It’s enjoyable watching the comradery.
Bbs has cleaned up the politics, thats great too. We all know where the most undue drama  and pretty planes comes from. Pump this scenario up everywhere and lets see where we go. These stars aligning COULD be all we need to move the needle, IMO. IF, it can move, this is the best chance. Its a gift.

Trust me, I listen to reasonable voices, its the short way home. I’ve been around long enough to know who they are.<S>

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2024, 03:47:26 PM »
Those of us who still visit here now and then but don't play the game do so because we did play the game in the past and it was an important part of our lives. We have a soft spot for this game and still know others here. Some of the other communities are larger and it's harder to develop any sort of relationship. Have you ever posted on x/twitter?

Sling mud all you like though. I wouldn't deny you that.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2024, 04:56:36 PM »

You’re wrong.

Except I’m not. People are allowed to have other interests. In fact I’m going to post about AH in it. Grow the F up!

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Made my day
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2024, 06:09:39 PM »
Those of us who still visit here now and then but don't play the game do so because we did play the game in the past and it was an important part of our lives. We have a soft spot for this game and still know others here. Some of the other communities are larger and it's harder to develop any sort of relationship. Have you ever posted on x/twitter?

Sling mud all you like though. I wouldn't deny you that.

I don't mean any ill-will to former players, just have a problem with some who have an habitual habit of every subject needs to hear about pretty planes. I'm just one person, but all I hope is that some show the same respect to us who picked this as our home that they show on their new game pages. Not using this or FB pages for their dumping ground of bad behavior and marketing. Not every former player who chats about other sims is a villain, but a few, who make everyone look bad, have an alternative agenda to crush what we call home for their benefit. I take issue with that, we all should. Stinking up our bbs to deter new or returning players. You can see that in this post alone. Keep negative on top.

Us who remain obviously choose the MP style of combat, we're not stupid for hangin, it's just what we choose. Pretty planes on pretty maps is a stunning graphical sim. FOR ME, and some others, feel it doesn't hit the mark on our style of playing. To each their own. It's not really an alternative to AH, and since there really is none, this is where we stay. Whatever one finds that makes them happy, they should do that.

I had a great welcome back a lot of "glad to see ya return", "what a great addition"....until I said I wanted to try and help bring some numbers back, with videos,... and then suddenly from a few "Oh wait,.. what? no don't do that," and since have destroyed every thread I started in retaliation because they don't want it revived, they want it to die for the migration....so now I'm king rat bastage. Go figure. Shocking 2 of 3 are pretty planes players, so we got an increase of pretty planes to push back on any accomplishment I may accidentally make.

I personally don't see you as the habitual. If others normalize it and it's allowed, it will be done. But it's really not right or ethical. Just saying the word ethical in a game is an oxymoron.

Since we have virtually no policing, the community will have to learn to govern itself.
Since mentioning of AH is not allowed on pretty planes it's not really an option to deny nor grant. We got the short straw.<shrug>
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2024, 06:15:58 PM »
I just figured they posted here because the other game does not have any kind of community.

Really?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2024, 12:41:05 AM »
I'm angry I spent at least 5 minutes putting together a response from my soul and it's been completely ignored..

You can all go drown in a bathtub full of piss!

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2024, 09:03:12 AM »
Guess I gotta get better at trolling.

Maybe everybody has me on ignore.

C'mon man!

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2024, 09:21:05 AM »

C'mon man!

Hazmatt, you must not be a narcissist since you have not gone away yet  :salute
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2024, 09:56:26 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2024, 10:15:51 AM »

C'mon man!

Your problem is, you obviously never wore a dress before, and it showed.
Now, go back out to the garage, and don’t try that stunt again <wags finger>.  Get your mind right.

I can’t even look at you right now.

Epic failure!!! <looks away in disgust>.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2024, 10:17:46 AM »
Kinda like Klinger in MASH? lolz

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2024, 10:24:02 AM »
Kinda like Klinger in MASH? lolz

Not kinda, exactly. Watch more MASH until you get it right.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2024, 10:54:53 AM »
Not kinda, exactly. Watch more MASH until you get it right.

No, not exactly. Klinger was only faking being crazy.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2024, 11:01:26 AM »
No, not exactly. Klinger was only faking being crazy.

:rofl  :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!