Author Topic: You want new players… DO NOT sleep on Reddit.  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
You want new players… DO NOT sleep on Reddit.
« on: January 05, 2024, 09:37:41 PM »
This was the response in the first two hours of my big week post on r/flightsim with Spikes video and a brief overview. There are tons of other sub reddits in the AH wheelhouse. Overexcited me forgot to include the link to the events page but I added it in just now. Hey, where is my 2009 era affiliate link!?! :rofl :rofl Those are the days! Who remembers banner farms?  :rock :old:

This sub has similar numbers to the MSFS sub that has a dedicated self promo thread I will hit up in a week or so. Staggering my posts to hopefully give people a chance to have enough time to get comfy offline and then do their trial during the scenario to drive it home. I also do not want to fatigue the crossover members.

I have spilled my own blood in the mainframe during the early days of seo and social media in my career and I realize views don’t always equal clicks to cash money. (I.e, views to upvotes is weird specific to Reddit)

Alas… you gotta start some new momentum somewhere in this new landscape… any publicity is never none.  I will keep posting and keep everyone posted.

In case you’re a reddit member who wants to keep the post alive and kicking in this sub… https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/s/YfS4MQaezv

What I for sure do not know is how to make iPhone screen grabs smaller than the titanic.  :old:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 10:52:21 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: You want new players… DO NOT sleep on Reddit.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 10:56:02 PM »
I wish we could've got the Reddit page going years ago. I posted events there for a while, but it's tough to run that page without proper support from tech to trainers to general help.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 09:39:26 AM »
Wtf is reddit?  Just a huge bulletin board?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 09:44:15 AM »

Isn't most of the internet?..some with videos and some without...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 09:51:16 AM »

Take the dive, dude.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 10:26:24 AM »
I’m not exactly sure how to describe Reddit. It’s basically a giant BBS that you can tailor to whatever topics you like. It’s pretty good at filtering out nonsense you don’t want too. I suggest just start checking the sub reddits like r/flightsim. There is a sub Reddit for everything you can think of. It’s the only social media I do.

The post in r/flightsim is up to 1.2K views for whatever it’s worth. I also shared it in r/hotas and that’s up to 1K views already.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 10:33:28 AM »
Only 4 upvotes and no comments. Sheesh. It would seem that subrebbit is hardly active. Kinda too bad it didn't get more recognition. It may be lost in the wind now. I'm one of the 4 lol. Oh well. Nice try atleast.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 10:41:26 AM »
May want to try the Hoggit subreddit. Have around 101K members.

Also the Hoggit Discord is very active - https://discord.gg/hoggit

I know it's DCS based but there are spots for other games there.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 10:42:07 AM »
Only 4 upvotes and no comments. Sheesh. It would seem that subrebbit is hardly active. Kinda too bad it didn't get more recognition. It may be lost in the wind now. I'm one of the 4 lol. Oh well. Nice try atleast.

Upvotes can be weird for sure.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in upvotes they are not an indicator of views. I’m not expecting a drove of people but I will keep sharing it around. 2K views in 12 hours from two subs is better than none. I’m hoping the MSFS sub will get a lot of views when I post there.

I’m only posting in subs I know accept discussion of other games or that I am a part of. I don’t want to be spamming.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 10:43:14 AM »

That’s what others have said but I am not a DCS player or community member. I will leave that to others to do hopefully sounds like it would be helpful. Anyone is welcome to share my posts or use the copy.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2024, 11:18:46 AM »
No new players want to play this game. It is way too old for the newer generation to even consider. No matter how many times you share anything Aces High 3 trying to get players either to return or new players it is always the same response.

Game is way too out of date.

Good thinking but wasted efforts.

"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2024, 11:31:10 AM »
No new players want to play this game. It is way too old for the newer generation to even consider. No matter how many times you share anything Aces High 3 trying to get players either to return or new players it is always the same response.

Really appreciate you taking time out of your day to write that. I know it took a lot of courage to speak up and give your opinion.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2024, 12:39:37 PM »
Really appreciate you taking time out of your day to write that. I know it took a lot of courage to speak up and give your opinion.

+2

I think I have found another one for my Ignore list.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 12:43:18 PM by JimmyD3 »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2024, 12:40:46 PM »

Feels like you’re a wasted effort.

I have no expectations otherwise.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 01:32:09 PM »

Bad word! Surprised the word filter let you post that!