Author Topic: MASTERS OF THE AIR, epic AH event and miniseries, reg. open. LETS ROLL! :)  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: MASTERS OF THE AIR, epic AH event and miniseries, reg. open. LETS ROLL! :)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2024, 01:27:20 PM »
If I find some interested, are there vets who would be willing to help onboard them and get them basically up to speed fast?  They would be experienced combat flyers, just new to AH.

Can I say I would find someone to help them before the event?

I'm willing to run practice sessions if someone tells me what time to do it and communicates the details to whoever is wanting to show up for that.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2024, 08:13:43 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2024, 09:56:10 PM »
...so...this is a movie about a prison camp...?

Yikes.

- oldman

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2024, 01:37:25 AM »
It's a drama miniseries based on WWII 8th AF action.  My guess is plenty of combat action, but certainly not 100% of just that.  Also some POW aspects.  Some romance.  Etc.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2024, 08:43:18 AM »
It's a drama miniseries based on WWII 8th AF action.  My guess is plenty of combat action, but certainly not 100% of just that.  Also some POW aspects.  Some romance.  Etc.

I don't recall romance in Band of Brothers

I think we will be lucky if this attempt escapes the Hollywood fluff and social justice messages they cram in these days

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2024, 08:53:55 AM »
2 B17 spots and 2 P51B- P51Ds available!

Only 1 slot left for Axis!

:x

Brooke, you may need to increase the slots! I think allied could use about 4 more fighters or so.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2024, 09:44:33 AM »

Brooke, you may need to increase the slots! I think allied could use about 4 more fighters or so.

Not anymore  :airplane:

If a 109 wants to trade let me know..

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2024, 09:47:02 AM »
I gotta do some shuffling soon, can move you into 109s today. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2024, 09:51:01 AM »

This is a very good problem to have!   A very good sign for the scenario.    I know of at least 3 more players who would like P-47s - it might be a good idea to increase the 56th FG to 8; the same size as the other two FGs.

I do have concern about the size and concentration of the groups however.   If we have a single bomber stream of 42 bombers (14 players x 3 B-17s ea) plus 2 or 3 covering FGs and 2 or 3 attacking Gruppen, it could turn into quite a stuttering slideshow on people's monitors when combat starts.   The maneuvering and firing of so many planes in a small area is sure to stress a lot of people's PCs.

Might I suggest adding a second bomb group - the 91st or 303rd?   With a main group and secondary group hitting different targets (or the same target at different times) it could spread the action out and lessen the stress on people's CPUs and connections.  It could also provide a more interesting tactical planning situation for air commanders, with different routes and timings rather than a single large group.  Just a thought.

I should be able to make 3 or 4 frames, and am standing by to fill in wherever the need is greatest.   I'm happy to fly bombers or fighters, Allied or Axis.   Would love to see this scenario become as memorable as the old Der Grosse Schlag scenarios.

<S>
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 11:02:16 AM by oboe »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2024, 10:31:17 AM »
This is a very good problem to have!   A very good sign for the scenario.    I know of at least 3 more players who would like P-47s - it might be a good idea to increase the 56th FG to 8; the same size as the other two FGs.

I do have concern about the size and concentration of the groups however.   If we have a single bomber stream of 42 bombers (14 players x 3 B-17s ea) plus 2 or 3 covering FGs and 2 or 3 attacking Gruppen, it could turn into quite a stuttering slideshow on people's monitors when combat starts.   The maneuvering and firing of so many planes in a small area is sure to stress a lot of people's PCs.

Might I suggest adding a second bomb group - the 91st or 303rd?   With a main group and secondary group hitting different targets (or the same target at different times) it could spread the action out and lessen the stress on people's CPUs and connections.  It could also provide a more interesting tactical planning situation for air commanders, with different routes and timings rather than a single large group.

Just a thought.  I should be able to make 3 or 4 frames, and am standing by to fill in wherever the need is greatest.   I'm happy to fly bombers or fighters, Allied or Axis.   Would love to see this scenario become as memorable as the old Der Grosse Schlag scenarios.

<S>

42 bombers! Wow  :x
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2024, 11:00:03 AM »
I'd also like to add "Well Done!" for the current Message of the Day that advertises the scenario with the clipboard opening when logging into the MA.   Very nice work!   

I think we can expect even more attention and some more players looking to join the scenario from this.

:salute
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 11:02:45 AM by oboe »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2024, 11:12:26 AM »
I gotta do some shuffling soon, can move you into 109s today. :)

Thank you sir <S>

Eagler

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2024, 12:55:54 PM »
it might be a good idea to increase the 56th FG to 8; the same size as the other two FGs.
Done, get 'em in. :)

As for numbers - I don't think it should be an issue but if it turns out to be, we can adjust target areas for subsequent frames. The bombers also have the ability to split into a couple groups on their own if they choose to.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2024, 01:20:59 PM »
Done, get 'em in. :)

As for numbers - I don't think it should be an issue but if it turns out to be, we can adjust target areas for subsequent frames. The bombers also have the ability to split into a couple groups on their own if they choose to.

Thank you Spikes, PM sent!

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2024, 01:40:26 PM »
Nice to see the numbers for this.  Would be really cool to see 75+ for this event.

I'm aiming to fly all frames.