Author Topic: MASTERS OF THE AIR, epic AH event and miniseries, reg. open. LETS ROLL! :)  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
The long-awaited miniseries Masters of the Air (done by the team that did Band of Brothers) starts late January and runs through mid March.

To make it even more epic, we are running a glorious Masters of the Air scenario.  Saturdays from February 3rd to March 2nd.

For more details on this epic AH event:
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

Glorious 8th AF action.  High-alt B-17's, P-51's, P-47's vs. 109's and 190's in the skies of Germany.

In the immortal words of General George S. Patton, don't miss it because:  "Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, 'What did you do in the great Masters of the Air Aces High scenario,' you won't have to say, 'Well... I shoveled s h*t in Louisiana.'"

For the TV miniseries:

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Another cool 8th AF trailer to get you folks in the mood.  (Not Masters of the Air, but still very cool.)

"Here they COME!"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
If you want to register into B-17's or your side is full, send me a message.

Registration is for folks who will play 3 or more frames.

Even if you can only make a couple of frames or 1, you are welcome to show up on game day, and you will get to fly.  You will be put into a group that needs pilots.

Registration is for folks who will attend most frames so that they can lock in what plane and group they get to fly.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Another cool 8th AF trailer to get you folks in the mood.  (Not Masters of the Air, but still very cool.)

"Here they COME

Seems to be a popular subject on screen right now. I hope the popularity comes our way.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Brook is a modest pillar of AW and AH. CS History.
He has a great crew who do great things, always.
Predictable, consistent, in a great way.

You do you brother. Always top of my list.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Thank you, sir! <S>!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member

Is there any possibility that the event could be open to trial players as walk-ons if I could interest any DCS players in giving it a try?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
The 2 week trial should have access to everything - I guess my only concern is people not having things figured out prior to the frame (eg. how do I fly questions). Typically there is not much time for us to figure out that sort of stuff, but they are more than welcome to give it a shot.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member

Is there any possibility that the event could be open to trial players as walk-ons if I could interest any DCS players in giving it a try?

I’ve been encouraging people to download now and get familiar offline then create your account during the scenario or an FSO to get a taste of it.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
The 2 week trial should have access to everything - I guess my only concern is people not having things figured out prior to the frame (eg. how do I fly questions). Typically there is not much time for us to figure out that sort of stuff, but they are more than welcome to give it a shot.

I'll pass it along.

A 1 month trial would have gone further to making it feasible.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: MASTERS OF THE AIR, epic AH event and miniseries, reg. open. LETS ROLL! :)
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2024, 12:23:59 PM »
I’ve been encouraging people to download now and get familiar offline then create your account during the scenario or an FSO to get a taste of it.

Good idea.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2024, 12:25:49 PM »
Oh, wait.  Trials aren't going to be able to access the Special Events arena, I don't think.  Am I wrong?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2024, 12:26:46 PM »
Oh, wait.  Trials aren't going to be able to access the Special Events arena, I don't think.

I inquired about this before and was told it’s all open during your trial?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2024, 12:35:14 PM »
Just confirmed with HT they have access. I agree w/ the 1 month thing but probably a bit late now to get that situated.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2024, 12:41:28 PM »
Just confirmed with HT they have access. I agree w/ the 1 month thing but probably a bit late now to get that situated.

If I find some interested, are there vets who would be willing to help onboard them and get them basically up to speed fast?  They would be experienced combat flyers, just new to AH.

Can I say I would find someone to help them before the event?