Author Topic: Monday Night Madness - what it looks like  (Read 246 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Monday Night Madness - what it looks like
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:23:34 AM »
Monday Night Madness.  It's an hour (8pm EST) of fast-paced decision making in a compact area that gets real fun when there are 4+ people per side (knit A13 and bish A14. Text/Vox ch 223)   This MNM had only 3 per side but was still fun.

This is what MNM looks like.  Friendly icon 3k, enemy 1k. Radar updates at 30 secs (MA is 5) which was set higher than usual and dispersed some of the action.  The haze was also a bit heavier than we've seen in the past.  The plane set is early/mid war. HOing is frowned upon. Vulching, a no-no.  Not all of the buildings are "real."   

This is the 2nd time that the LCS (lead sight) was enabled - I dunno if it's helping me, but over time it may.

Watch it (7mins, 5 kills) in as high quality (settings) as you can (HD is almost equal to what is seen while playing) it makes a difference.  It's very fun once you get used to it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FaeBMm7gUA

edit: the film capture was nvida's built-in shadowplay feature on newer cards.  I did not edit it before uploading to YT. I probably also have the .ahf film for this sortie that will show the limitations of the ah film viewer (no g effects, stall shudders, not seeing gauges and indicators, full text buffer instead of teensy ahf window, etc)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:58:10 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Monday Night Madness - what it looks like
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 10:26:48 AM »
It is great fun

Hoping the lead site setting will pull others in as it helps see what crazy lead is needed at times..a a2a training tool not known by most

MNM is the best hour of training going imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 12:51:45 PM »
Monday Night Madness.  It's an hour (8pm EST) of fast-paced decision making in a compact area that gets real fun when there are 4+ people per side (knit A13 and bish A14. Text/Vox ch 223)   This MNM had only 3 per side but was still fun.

This is what MNM looks like.  Friendly icon 3k, enemy 1k. Radar updates at 30 secs (MA is 5) which was set higher than usual and dispersed some of the action.  The haze was also a bit heavier than we've seen in the past.  The plane set is early/mid war. HOing is frowned upon. Vulching, a no-no.  Not all of the buildings are "real."   

This is the 2nd time that the LCS (lead sight) was enabled - I dunno if it's helping me, but over time it may.

Watch it (7mins, 5 kills) in as high quality (settings) as you can (HD is almost equal to what is seen while playing) it makes a difference.  It's very fun once you get used to it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FaeBMm7gUA

edit: the film capture was nvida's built-in shadowplay feature on newer cards.  I did not edit it before uploading to YT. I probably also have the .ahf film for this sortie that will show the limitations of the ah film viewer (no g effects, stall shudders, not seeing gauges and indicators, full text buffer instead of teensy ahf window, etc)

Awesome video Shane, was fun flying against y'all! Really humbling watching your butt get blown up from the other perspective  :rofl
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 01:14:27 PM »
Film shows the red box ah puts around the plane that is enabled under Flight settings

It also shows the help that box gives when fighting in the clouds..

It is the setting our expert ah yt posters seem to have enabled in their videos too..

MNM is great practice imo..not sure why more aren't there as they could use the practice  :neener:

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 01:18:18 PM »
The box lock is helpful but there are times when it will be blocked by heavier clouds or ground clutter, but yeah it can provide a little extra SA... I enabled it in MA to help spot GVs a bit better. 

Film shows the red box ah puts around the plane that is enabled under Flight settings

It also shows the help that box gives when fighting in the clouds..

It is the setting our expert ah yt posters seem to have enabled in their videos too..

MNM is great practice imo..not sure why more aren't there as they could use the practice  :neener:

Eagler
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 01:52:31 PM »
Honestly, I did not even know there was a lead marker...is it something you have to activate? I didn't see any green or yellow crosshairs like in the video

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 01:58:26 PM »
Honestly, I did not even know there was a lead marker...is it something you have to activate? I didn't see any green or yellow crosshairs like in the video

The way you handled that 38 last night you looked like you didn't need it  :airplane:

Under Flight check the box for aim assist or something like that

When you get close enough a box appears around the icon, it's a great way to confirm the closest plane to you at any given time..

It has to be enabled to see the aiming x in MNM or offline if you turn it on there

Eagler

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2024, 03:17:18 PM »
The way you handled that 38 last night you looked like you didn't need it  :airplane:

Under Flight check the box for aim assist or something like that

When you get close enough a box appears around the icon, it's a great way to confirm the closest plane to you at any given time..

It has to be enabled to see the aiming x in MNM or offline if you turn it on there

Eagler

Very cool! Thanks Eagler!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2024, 05:10:07 PM »
Great vid Shane, thanks for sharing. That looks pretty damn fun and I need a trial by many and rapid deaths and this MNM looks to be just the ticket. My nephew and I participated in the WWI one last week and we brought everyone's frame rate down a bit with all the wreckage we planted in the background but it was fun nonetheless. A compelling concept here.
The Damned
Founded 1988