Author Topic: Welp… I Did Not Like VR.  (Read 2218 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Welp… I Did Not Like VR.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 04:41:39 PM »
Can you turn off the head tracking?  I've tried TIR several times and can't get used to it.  The 3D effect of VR might be fun, but I would want hat-switch views only.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2024, 06:05:44 PM »
I found VR tracking much more natural than TIR
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2024, 08:51:07 PM »
Can you turn off the head tracking?  I've tried TIR several times and can't get used to it.  The 3D effect of VR might be fun, but I would want hat-switch views only.

VR is 1-1 tracking. So just like in your car as you make a turn, you turn you head to look ahead, the same happens in VR. You dont have to "hunt" for a view, you just look. With TIR there was a lot of adjustments to tune it in and many dont bother and just give up. VR is what real life is like, no adjustments. The plus however is in AH, all of the hat position switching works as well.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2024, 06:10:39 AM »

AH allows jstick views in VR....the only flight sim that does out of the big three

They say a fan might help with any initial motion sickness but I never had any in AH

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2024, 07:35:36 AM »
So,  can head tracking be turned off?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2024, 07:51:27 AM »
So,  can head tracking be turned off?

Just don't move your head all over the place...

As stated it is 1 to 1 in vr, not so in trackir

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2024, 08:25:12 AM »
I’m using Smoothtrack right now on and off and it definitely will take some practice. It’s hard to keep your head still after not having to do so for many years.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 08:29:20 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2024, 08:27:35 AM »
I'll take that as a "no".   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2024, 09:25:05 AM »
I'll take that as a "no".   :D

Yes please stay out of vr as you don't need to become any harder to kill than you are already

:aok

Eagler

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2024, 02:44:07 PM »
There is your problem, wearing glasses in VR is not an optimal experience. If you can get a copy of your prescription you can order clip in lenses for your headset.
It is kind of weird for me because I wear glasses and normal life mainly to have readers but in track I are they just get in the way and make everything worse so if you need glasses to quote “read and things like that try it without them. Everything for me is clear and crisp weird maybe because it’s infinity focus
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2024, 05:45:30 PM »
I used Smoothtrack for a couple weeks but my 2016 Iphone wasn't up to snuff. The battery would drain astonishingly fast and the phone itself was getting uncomfortably hot. I don't like phones so I don't want to invest in a new one. So instead, I bought the TRACKIR-5 kit and it works fantastic. I look like a dork with the IR "radar array" attached to the nerd headphones and even more like a Dweeb if I use the hat sensor instead and attach it to my Red Sox cap. I don't care about any of that really except I have forgotten the hat mounted device a couple of times and wore it to play tennis and once to the grocery store. Other than that, it was a breeze to setup and I haven't had to play around with the settings much. It'll be a game changer for me once I unlearn the 8-way hat. I continually forget and mix in the 8-way with head movement for a fine way to lose a target or just get discombobulated. I may undo the all the 8-way bindings except the 6 view and give that a try.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2024, 07:18:06 AM »
It is kind of weird for me because I wear glasses and normal life mainly to have readers but in track I are they just get in the way and make everything worse so if you need glasses to quote “read and things like that try it without them. Everything for me is clear and crisp weird maybe because it’s infinity focus

If your distance vision is ok you should not need glasses in vr as it uses distance not near or reading distance

I wear glasses under my vive pro as all my vision is poor...legally blind without correction

Eagler

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2024, 11:33:10 AM »
If your vision is bad like mine you can order scrip lenses for pretty much any headset. I got mine from Reloptix. If you have bifocals, you don't use that for these lenses.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2024, 01:35:39 PM »
If your vision is bad like mine you can order scrip lenses for pretty much any headset. I got mine from Reloptix. If you have bifocals, you don't use that for these lenses.

Tried...

Issues with my script and you have to use the original fresnel lenses that come with the vive pro...both killed that option for me

Eagler

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2024, 10:50:54 AM »

I wear glasses under my vive pro as all my vision is poor...legally blind without correction

Eagler

:cry

As many times as you have killed me, I'm impressed and saddened all at the same time

:salute

:D
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012