Author Topic: Welp… I Did Not Like VR.  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
Re: Welp… I Did Not Like VR.
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2024, 01:26:37 PM »
I use Track-IR and also undid all my view bindings except for the 6, that way I don't have to crane my head around like a mad man - works very efficiently
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2024, 02:22:18 PM »
Straight up jstick view is very handy also

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2024, 09:30:11 PM »
As many times as you have killed me, I'm impressed and saddened all at the same time

Eagler has a highly developed sense of smell.

- oldman

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2024, 09:55:10 PM »
I use Track-IR and also undid all my view bindings except for the 6, that way I don't have to crane my head around like a mad man - works very efficiently

Same here except I still habitually use both the hat and turn my head. Of course both cancel each other and I'm looking forward again.
Is there really a point to looking back? If someone's back there, they're shooting me down anyways, I don't need to see the violence.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2024, 09:01:39 AM »
Same here except I still habitually use both the hat and turn my head. Of course both cancel each other and I'm looking forward again.
Is there really a point to looking back? If someone's back there, they're shooting me down anyways, I don't need to see the violence.

Best time to bust out some evasive maneuvers and turn the fight! I'd hate to make it easy to fill my tail up with hot lead  :rofl

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2024, 09:21:02 AM »
Best time to bust out some evasive maneuvers and turn the fight! I'd hate to make it easy to fill my tail up with hot lead  :rofl

Heck yes, I was kidding but I've had a bit of a hassle transitioning from hat views to TRACKIR and getting them backwards....or forwards in this case.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2024, 10:12:52 AM »
Heck yes, I was kidding but I've had a bit of a hassle transitioning from hat views to TRACKIR and getting them backwards....or forwards in this case.

You can try like a few people have said, remove the hat views except the 6 view. Muscle memory will still have you flicking that thumb all over the place but it wont mess with your views. The 6 view does come in handy to save your neck and maybe get the speed of the transition from view to view a bit slower which can help in keeping view.

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2024, 11:39:06 AM »

Do you also have a button to re-center the track ir view? No matter where you're looking, you just look at the centerl of screen and press button...boom you're back to the 12

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2024, 12:28:41 PM »
Do you also have a button to re-center the track ir view? No matter where you're looking, you just look at the centerl of screen and press button...boom you're back to the 12

I sure do, an absolute must in getting everything righted-especially getting the gun site front and centered again.

I took Fugitives advice this morning and removed all views except six view. It feels a bit strange but it'll be quick to unlearn the muscle memory I think. It frees up 7 spots for various functionality as well.

Just when I get this setup perfected, it'll be time to go virtual I'm guessing. At least I'll know what to hint at for a birthday present from the wife I suppose.
The Damned
Founded 1988