Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31261 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2024, 01:02:25 PM »
That's the one positive I like about you; you have great taste in music.  :rock

I worked a on-off on the BS reunion tour, but not in monitors.

There are a lot of positive things about me. Stomping on my face on bbs is not going to make them apparent. One can have the nice wolf, or mean wolf, which you feed is which one you get. I’m a mirror. Do the right thing, cause no harm, live and let live, is really not too much to ask for.

It’s not a brag. I’ve been hidden on stage with some of the best artist in the world. I hold ultimate power in how that show will go. Promoters, record companies, agents weight me with making that show go smooth and keep the paid artist in line to ensure their investment is worthy. They are planning the next tour, or not. As soon as that inflated ego comes out in temper tantrums, I hold the power to slap them with feed back to bring them back in line, real quick. And they will all stand behind me to make sure I do my job. We are both paid to do a good show. I control the stage, not the artist. This is real world of the industry. I don’t care if the artist gets angry, I’m with someone bigger than them tomorrow. I do what I’m paid to do. Go ahead, piss off the monitor engineer. 99% of the shows go well. I have the hardest job snd hold the most power in a concert production during the show. We have low tolerance for nonsense. i have sharp teeth. Most times, we become friends who do a great show together, sometimes we become like family. We respect each others role. Sometimes we have pre-show meals together. Ya know what me and Styx talked about? “My gutters are clogged I need time to fix that,…i haven’t mowed the lawn in 1.5 weeks, my daughter is in s play next week…., Peter Paul and Mary hand made my dinner from scratch for me. I didn’t care for it, but smiled because the thought of it. I refused to work with Steven Tylor..

Ego = amateur mentality
Professional = be on good terms with all people.
Attitude = everything

Failure on last two, you’ll be black listed and go back to bar bands and small local fests, or worse, not at all.

My point, you have some good video skills, don’t let ego be a lead weight on your ars. Your milage will sharply vary. Compromise is a sought out art.

Unfortunately my reactions is what I’ve been conditioned to be. I try hard to let that go.

What I love about this stuff, I can be nobody. There’s always greater and lessor. Here, I’m at the bottom of the ladder. I have no responsibility. I’d rather have a drink with common Joe than with most artist, keeps my feet grounded. What did I do after concerts?  Not party. I went fishing on my 80 acre river property to wash it all down the drain.

When some realize what I’m conveying is when their tech skills will move in the right direction. If one takes it as a brag, they lost the point.

Anyone can make a popular game great. Small fish, big ocean.
You want some real challenge and higher notoriety? Make this game rocket, not rip it down.
Make this rocket, you can make anything rocket. Big fish, small pond. I made crap bands look good, that's when the big boys started calling.

Helping keep AW alive was not easy, same applies here. If someone wants to work against my good hearted efforts, we will prolly be at war. I can eat bark too. One won’t make friends trying to steal their Girlfriend.

Remove ego and we could use your skills. Keep ego and we can do without.
I make crappy videos myself because I’d rather do that than deal with ego for a great video.
Big fish, small minnow, who do you want to be?

I’m sure you’ll rebuke this, I’m sure someone will convince you to. No matter what choice anyone makes, there is no “I” in the word “team”. Its a good learning experience.

Maybe my goals are set too high, but if numbers come up again, we may get a vulken update. 1000s would live to see that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

- Animl, the village idiot.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 01:08:27 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2024, 01:43:37 PM »
Just did another test. I couldn't get the AI to stay close enough to test so I did it myself. Only me in the turbulence but no fps hit.

https://youtu.be/4e1zV1s78Gs
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2024, 01:54:16 PM »
Just did another test. I couldn't get the AI to stay close enough to test so I did it myself. Only me in the turbulence but no fps hit.

https://youtu.be/4e1zV1s78Gs

Wow.  I'm impressed.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2024, 02:01:01 PM »
I have a decent system though it is aging. Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX 3070, 64GB Ram, Gen 4 SSD.

Watching the prices of the 4080 Super.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2024, 02:20:01 PM »
One won’t make friends trying to steal their Girlfriend.

Not that I consider my films as my girlfriend, but this statement suggests you understand why a number of us jumped on you taking our footage. So, with that said maybe you could stop chasing around after me with flamebait everywhere. I'm not your enemy, you're your own worst enemy. I say this because it should be evident that I wouldn't spend so much time and effort trying to get my AH films right if I wanted to tear AH down;

Make this game rocket, not rip it down

This film of mine has more than 20 hours into it

And this IL2 film 2 hours

:salute

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2024, 05:58:03 PM »
Not that I consider my films as my girlfriend, but this statement suggests you understand why a number of us jumped on you taking our footage. So, with that said maybe you could stop chasing around after me with flamebait everywhere. I'm not your enemy, you're your own worst enemy. I say this because it should be evident that I wouldn't spend so much time and effort trying to get my AH films right if I wanted to tear AH down;

This film of mine has more than 20 hours into it

And this IL2 film 2 hours

Look, that was a 10 min incident that lasted on for 15 pages of bashing me after I said Oh, ok sorry, I removed it.
You both continued to attack me on a ton of post, dragging 10-15 page needless dramas. You held on to that much longer than normal human nature. I dind't chase you, I bit back because you two wouldn't leave it lay, attacked every vid I made.... so I started give you both a taste of your own meds. You have some of this very backwards and the proof are in the post and 100 witnesses who begged you to stop for 10 pages  And then both of you attacked my return after 14 yr post. You both made a project out of it and I returned fire with a flamethrower. the truth is that simple. No one has to take my word for anything, all they have to do is read the post. And then you took it upon yourself to contact HT and ream him for taking me on to handle ads, while that had never taken place. There was no agreement between me and HT. You're trying to excuse your behavior when it's all clear in black and white.

That said,... that was an 8 yr old video, 20LCADolby10 Productions, that's what happens when a Production company name is the PART of a player name.  I had NO IDEA WHO to ask and I stated so in your very first response to the post. You both went way overboard AFTER the fact and to this day.. I encourage you to re-read those post and get it straight. Because if I drag them out, neither of you will look good.

It's rather impossible to say you don't bash the game, the evidence is everywhere, it's not my first BBQ. I'm not new to human life.

I'm going to say this to both of you, or all 3. You both read my return post, because you bashed me in it, therefore you read what I had been through that kept me away. Now, there's nothing you could ever say to me nor do to me that will ever hit that bar,.. HOWEVER, knowing the story you two took it upon yourself to beat down someone who lived a hell you could never handle. You constantly kick someone in the balls who was down and out, thats as punk as a punk gets, and that alone, standing by itself, makes me so sick that anyone would do that to anyone in that situation. You don't know what happened, but you 3 now, went so low in life that you labeled me as a sexual predictor IN PUBLIC, one of those got my son, he's no longer with us. And for that sick ill trait alone, I will slam the sledge hammer as hard as I possibly can, with zero remorse and I do care about collateral damage.. I lost no sleep. Over a video? DUDE,... you 3 seriously need to get a grip on yourselves. After that, I don't give 3 flyin rats arses what I did or didn't do..is is now irrelevent to me.. we are at nuclear war. YET, here i am taking time of my life, after all the sht storm to try to make sense to you. I never had any reason ever again to be nice in any way what so ever, ever again. But I did... it's not deserved. it was not earned, I just happen to be a decent person who TRIES to forgive much more then I should. I still have a lot of pedal left, and 3 more gears. Evidently you lost the point I tried to make.

I am not my worst enemy by a long stretch. You placed yourselves there, very willingly. Be done, or not. You 3 have a choice where you'd like to stand with me. But I am not taking your blame.

Had we ever met in person after that, you would have a life changing experience, never forgotten. I don't have to be nice.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 06:03:48 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2024, 10:36:05 PM »
I dind't chase you, I bit back because you two wouldn't leave it lay, attacked every vid I made....

I literally left your latest alone, I still haven't written anything in your 48hr test film thread keeping my comments (however positive) to myself

You're trying to excuse your behavior when it's all clear in black and white.

No, you claim to want no more drama. An Olive branch and a chance to come good on your word.

It's rather impossible to say you don't bash the game, the evidence is everywhere, it's not my first BBQ. I'm not new to human life.

Provide that evidence; links and dates

A tonne of bile and
I am not my worst enemy by a long stretch.   ....  Be done, or not. .

You are you're own worst enemy, because and I am trying to be done, but you wont stop despite the opportunity.
When I had been done, you chased after me to YouTube filling the comments with abuse, very probably because you hadn't got any interaction from me in your 48hr test film thread.

Do yourself a favour, rather than respond with a post that pulls in every direction, at the very least place me on your ignore list to prevent yourself from temptation.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 10:37:56 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2024, 12:02:36 AM »
Forget it. 

The sack of dung isn't worth my time.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 01:30:14 AM by CptTrips »

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2024, 08:13:46 AM »
So the IL-2 creative team seems to have confirmed that they are looking at WWII PTO for the project after next.  That means DCS, IL-2, and Combat Pilot are all heading in that direction.  Now if I could just get my high fidelity A6M5  :joystick:

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2024, 09:32:22 AM »
Zeke in IL-2 not high fidelity?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2024, 09:54:32 AM »
There's no Zero in IL2 at all. No PTO as yet. Looks like it'll be a race by multiple sims getting to that in a few year's time. Hey, as long as there's a P-38 - - I'm in!

Korea? Meh. Was a bit disappointed TBH.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2024, 10:14:42 AM »
Ah. None in DCS either. ED painted a 190 to look like a Zero in one of their promotional videos a few years ago.

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2024, 10:43:53 AM »

3)   Less “gaming” of the sim....

This :airplane:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2024, 10:58:30 AM »
So the IL-2 creative team seems to have confirmed that they are looking at WWII PTO for the project after next.  That means DCS, IL-2, and Combat Pilot are all heading in that direction.  Now if I could just get my high fidelity A6M5  :joystick:

It's a horse race.

Do you have a link?