Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31322 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2024, 01:36:32 PM »
Does it take any coding though?

Couldn't the one side just be disabled making it two sided instead of 3?

I don't care about "winning the war/map" as I never have so that doesn't figure into that I guess..

Eagler

(You can disable one side like in the WWIWF arena, or Scenarios, but those don't have win-the-war logic.)

You want to end the ability to win the war in the Melee?

That would do more harm than keeping 3 sides.

What would be the point of the Melee then?

Just make it a giant furball lake and be done with it.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:38:09 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2024, 01:40:58 PM »
Just make it a giant furball lake and be done with it.

Sounds great!

:aok

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2024, 01:43:01 PM »
Sounds great!

:aok

Eagler

Shrug.  Good luck with that. ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2024, 01:49:03 PM »

I don't care about "winning the war/map" as I never have so that doesn't figure into that I guess..

Eagler
Capture the flag is why most people play… is my guess anyway.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2024, 01:54:18 PM »
Well in MNM we are mature enough to balance the sides ourselves

I guess that is too much to hope for in ma

And yes it is as simple as leaving out the 3rd country isn't it

I'd be for a trial run where say knights are disabled and we are forced into rook or bish depending on the numbers

It needs to happen imo

Eagler

The majority of the players in the MA cant manage themselves now what would make you think they could with 2 sides?

Eagler

Turn off one team and that team will quit. Turning off the war and 80-90% of the players would quit.

How many players did you have in "Monday Madness" this week? 8-10? thats what you'll have in the MA turning off the war.

Have them run MM for a full week. Id bet you wouldn't have 6 players in it by the end of the week. More players want the war, or the vehicles (we lost a lot of players when they added all those trees) or to pick the players fighting in the war. There are very few "just fighter" guys in the game.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2024, 01:56:36 PM »
How many people would bail to the other side once the map win was close just to get the perks?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2024, 02:04:03 PM »
There are very few "just fighter" guys in the game.

Don't we know that...

Maybe the game should be renamed?

Ace High just doesn't fit anymore...

Maybe...

"Whiners Low" is more accurate lol

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2024, 02:05:53 PM »
How many people would bail to the other side once the map win was close just to get the perks?

That would be prevented the same way it is now I expect.

Does 3 sides effect that?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2024, 02:09:41 PM »
That would be prevented the same way it is now I expect.

Does 3 sides effect that?

I’m sure some people do it but it’s more difficult notice with three if not a lot. It just feels to me it would happen more with two.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2024, 02:24:03 PM »
I’m sure some people do it but it’s more difficult notice with three if not a lot. It just feels to me it would happen more with two.

I don't see the mechanism.

You would have a side switch cool-down time.  I don't see how two-sides is any different.

As HT said,  3-sides has nothing to do with side balancing.  It obviously doesn't do so now.  Ask Shane.

ENY is the proper tool for pushing players to balance.  You might need to adjust it to bring more pain to bear until you get the desired behavior, but 3-sides has no effect at all.

But don't worry, there is no risk of two sides.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:34:20 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2024, 02:51:46 PM »

Unless things have changed:  In the AvA we often had three-side maps that we used as two-sides.  When setting up the map, you had to leave one base active for the third side. So typically we'd choose one far from where the action was going to be.  Should work in MA.

- oldman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2024, 02:55:37 PM »

Unless things have changed:  In the AvA we often had three-side maps that we used as two-sides.  When setting up the map, you had to leave one base active for the third side. So typically we'd choose one far from where the action was going to be.  Should work in MA.

- oldman

Did you have base-capture\win-the-war? 

I thought I was told by HT once that only Melee was allowed to have that.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2024, 03:28:22 PM »
Did you have base-capture\win-the-war? 

I thought I was told by HT once that only Melee was allowed to have that.

Good question!  I don't believe anyone ever tried.  Possibly that was because it couldn't be done except in the MA, but it might also have been a setting.  Jaeger might know.

- oldman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2024, 03:39:01 PM »
Good question!  I don't believe anyone ever tried.  Possibly that was because it couldn't be done except in the MA, but it might also have been a setting.  Jaeger might know.

- oldman

I am pretty sure only the Melee is supposed to have that to give it a unique purpose. 

And I'm pretty sure doing what you described, like what Scenarios do and I did in WWIWF, wouldn't work with that Win-the-War logic.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2024, 04:21:13 PM »
I'll come back to the MA if I can bring my F-16.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.