Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31255 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2024, 07:57:09 AM »
According to the pre-release manual Heatblur published a few days ago this module will be something we've never seen in a PC sim before.

"next-gen components based simulation framework -the aircraft is simulated as a connection of thousands of individual components"

"things now happen naturally, influenced by each other, and not scripted anymore"

It's an old plane. Many will buy it for the novelty and/or historic value. Some, or most will fly it around a bit, never learn all aspects of operation, and let it rust in the hanger. Others will add a squad night for it, learn how to cold start it in their sleep, master formation flying, even get kills with the AIM-7. I'm probably in the former group.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 08:00:12 AM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2024, 08:50:42 AM »
I play 1946 single player with the BAT mod. It’s fun. No I do not want to play it online.

So my point was that 1946 could provide a large SP\Campaign low cost "add-on"  for AH players for something that could be configured to look and feel similar to AH.

And perhaps AH could provide the 1946 players with an better online experience than they can get in 1946 while still looking and working a lot like their 1946, labels and all.

I'd recommend trying to see those guys as fellow simmers in a very similar game, and not threats to your sim.  You might see a few poke in here and they might accidentally mention 1946.  That doesn't make them apostates of the faith.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:25:00 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2024, 08:58:22 AM »
There are several Reddit DCS focused forums. Complaints abound on all of them along with requests for help, suggestions, admiration, etc.... Folks are getting anxious for the F-4E.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCSExposed/comments/1ai7i3n/eagle_dynamics_hasnt_seen_the_f4e_yet_context_in/

This place was full of suggestions, complaints, beeches, whines, demands for changes, on a daily basis.  In the Golden Years of it's Prime!

That's the way flight simmers are.  Especially combat flight simmers.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2024, 09:04:00 AM »
I made a series of videos (deleted now) testing the F-14 against several other jets, head to head, guns only. Just me vs AI, all aces level. I got to the Mig-31 and he just flew past and kept going. WTH? Oh yeah, no gun on the -31.

Jets aren't just all about missiles.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2024, 09:05:20 AM »
According to the pre-release manual Heatblur published a few days ago this module will be something we've never seen in a PC sim before.

"next-gen components based simulation framework -the aircraft is simulated as a connection of thousands of individual components"

"things now happen naturally, influenced by each other, and not scripted anymore"

It's an old plane. Many will buy it for the novelty and/or historic value. Some, or most will fly it around a bit, never learn all aspects of operation, and let it rust in the hanger. Others will add a squad night for it, learn how to cold start it in their sleep, master formation flying, even get kills with the AIM-7. I'm probably in the former group.

I didn't pre-order.  I might wait a little after the first release and let the first patch come out.

Mainly I wanna know where I can use it and how.  Will it come with a campaign?  Will Enigma CW add it?  Will it be viable? 

Honestly, I already have 5-6 airframes I am still trying to learn. lol.  I could stay busy for another year. ;)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2024, 09:07:59 AM »
A multiplayer dynamic campaign is really needed. It's in the works but has been for a while.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2024, 09:23:26 AM »
Yeah, no. Thousands post about DCS on the DCS boards and reddit every day. You have a handful of us old time AH players posting here.

Uh huh sure.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2024, 09:31:57 AM »
Don't take my word for it, go to reddit and search on DCS, see for yourself.

Or just check out hoggit, one of the more active groups.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:34:00 AM by AKIron »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2024, 09:37:24 AM »
Don't take my word for it, go to reddit and search on DCS, see for yourself.

Or just check out hoggit, one of the more active groups.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/

I fly AHIII and have really little to no interest in those other games. That is why I am here and I expect why everyone else is also.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2024, 09:46:22 AM »
Yhese guys are becoming a last word cancer. Just bury em over and over.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2024, 10:00:42 AM »
Pretty planes does not have a large multiplayer arena, which is what this tribe is based on.
Aces High and Pretty Planes is not even really the same market. They are not the same, they don’t draw the same crowds. The core interest is not the same. You guys are trying combine oil and water. You’re selling tea to people who love beer.

The reason people player both us to fill voids the other is missing.
There is no more wrong with this game than any other. AH didn’t lose numbers because it sucks, other sims got on their feet and simply split the horde 4 ways.

In all 4, their best pilots  and mist knowledgeable pilots came from here and AW. Including yourselves. This IS the trunk of the tree. The further and the branches grown from the trunk the thinner they are. The core if the art of fun and high adrenaline concept is lost.

What we saw was a weeding process. What is left are the most devoted to this core concept. A good deal of these came out of the beginning of it. The most seasoned if any sim. These people would fly this concept, in these arenas, if it were 1990s graphics. By who the hell would not want to learn and compete with the best.

This is the reason you guys are here, doing what you very well know should not be done, to skim what would make your game feel complete.

There is only one single possible reason that former players, come here, away from their own forums, to have these conversations, … is sales. It can be for this game too, however, players here cannot sell there. Which puts it behind the 8 ball in your favor, and seizing on it.

My point?
Aces High III, without any recent updates, is still good enough to not only withstand this, but to actually add numbers while this is going on. The “Masters of the Air” scenario has had the biggest turnout in at least 5 yrs, at 115 human pilots, in the 1st frame, so far. Noe of the others can even put 115 in a single arena, better yet 160.

“The numbers used to be so much higher”. True enough. I refer to my “4 ways” comment above. However, Critical Mass is 100-120. You can’t have a lot of battle under that. When we add 20 new players we just added two hordes and another full battle. We added 40 in about 7 months in the arena, we now have 3 full battles at once.
 Without mentioning 120 planes and vehicles fir the price of a Burger King per month.

Because of PvP servers instead of a MP arena, all the games mentioned above, mathematically cannot even hit bare minimum Critical Mass. So, there is no comparison on the main point we make. That huge population is splintered to dust and hard to find a fight. Nor do you have 100% MP scenarios of any real size, without AI bandaid.

The trunk of the tree is the thickest part to the roots. And we welcome anyone who wants to experience true high adrenaline with us. For our return players, the memories of this sim has had a lasting impact.

More towards the other constant two, it can be a challenge to understand calling people here friends while they crash their party and pee in their grandma’s beer. Their credibility is kinda gone. Its been a failure. MotA is good proof. It’s nonsense by the strangely obsessed. One told me I don’t have the power to stop him. “You can’t stop me” shows intent to cram it down our throats, against our will, until we succumb to him, and he usually rides in on someone elses back.

Our return players, have done so, for some of the best fun of their past in combat flight sims. It wasn’t over-sold to them. Its a preference, like your own, that is different from our own. They aren’t a good match. Ya gave up fun for graphics and cockpits in Pretty Planes. We get it. If thats what we wanted we would have done so years ago. We’re not stupid to like what we like. Stupid is beating on our door every day with bible in hand expecting different results. Evidently, we’re not the ones incapable of learning.

Despite no recent updates,…Banter on 200 has come down. Political talk has come way down. We’ve added numbers to the MA. We have a very successful scenario running. We’re in a better spot. I remember someone predicting this wa
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2024, 10:03:40 AM »
Pretty sure I know how to get threads locked
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2024, 10:08:48 AM »
Pretty sure AH doesn't need an outspoken defender animl. Just a discussion here among a very few. If our 2 cents can kill AH then it's already dead.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2024, 10:15:20 AM »
Pretty sure AH doesn't need an outspoken defender animl. Just a discussion here among a very few. If our 2 cents can kill AH then it's already dead.

Sig line.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2024, 10:35:15 AM »
Nonsense, anything to do with trips is sales. Its s pissing contest . Obviously the welcome has run out among many of us, if you yhink its just me, then you don’t take hints well
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks