Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31240 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2024, 05:03:41 PM »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #541 on: February 15, 2024, 05:07:37 PM »
You could always go make the case on why they should.   That is what I'm doing with the 1946 folks.

Could you make a compelling argument?

Not one that many if any much younger than I would grasp...if the desire to attempt that existed in me  :old:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #542 on: February 15, 2024, 05:10:25 PM »
I've said, and I stick by it, that interest in WWII is waning simply because time is passing. Sure, some still do refight the American Civil War. But not as many as before.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #545 on: February 15, 2024, 05:21:51 PM »
I didnt go hunting for anything, TShark posted it himself. He plays DCS and so I checked it out.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408729.msg5416335.html#msg5416335

Guess I wasn't clear. That wasn't an attack on you or the film.(I didn't even watch the film)

I was just stating that there are some people who will go to great lengths to find something to support they claim.
My example was was that if I'm European and long into AH3 server at 3am EST that I will find that there is nobody there so I will be able to draw the conclusion that AH3 is dead.

By the same token people who log into IL2 servers during AH3 prime time will find that the numbers are low as most people have already left for the day.

It would be nice if people didn't feel that they had to be so defensive about whatever sim they choose and could look at stuff with an open mind.

Hope I was more clear that time :)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #546 on: February 15, 2024, 05:26:33 PM »
By the same token people who log into IL2 servers during AH3 prime time will find that the numbers are low as most people have already left for the day.

I got the impression from my 1946 contact that it was more Euro time centric population.  That's why he was impressed when I told him AH regularly gets 100 US Prime time. 

It would be nice if people didn't feel that they had to be so defensive about whatever sim they choose and could look at stuff with an open mind.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I was pleasantly surprised at how open minded the 1946 guy was.  His view was that if he was going to go around making the case that 1946 was superior in many ways to what was out there, he wanted to try anything that came close so he was making a rational argument.  That was refreshing. 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 05:29:18 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #547 on: February 15, 2024, 05:28:19 PM »
post your questions there and get answers direct from the people you are referring to.  If your questions are honest and you show you really want to understand their POV and\or just want them to give the free trial a try, then I don't think you would run into problems.  If your attitude is that AH is better than everything in every possible way that matters, then you will probably get pushback as being unserious.
This is what I was talking about in my last post. It would be nice to be able to have a conversation without people acting that a mention of any other flight sim is an attack on their sim of choice :)

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #548 on: February 15, 2024, 05:29:46 PM »
I got the impression from my 1946 contact that it was more Euro time centric population.  That's why he was impressed when I told him AH regularly gets 100 US Prime time. 
In my experience the IL2 servers numbers peak during the US daytime and fall off by evening.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #549 on: February 15, 2024, 05:36:04 PM »
In my experience the IL2 servers numbers peak during the US daytime and fall off by evening.

Is there a way to see if they peak again in Euro prime time?  Which would be like ...2-3am US?

I'd imagine IL2 has a US and a Euro peak, but I dunno.

Lusche?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #550 on: February 15, 2024, 05:56:01 PM »
I've seen the biggest numbers during the week between 10am CST and maybe 4P CST.

I think that would be from about 5p to about 11p Euro time.

Of course weekends seem to start earlier and Fridays and Saturdays last later.

The outlier though is the Combat Box server which seems to have numbers later then the others and you usually have to take a number during prime time.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #551 on: February 15, 2024, 06:02:54 PM »
If you're looking for a "fight" with a very large number of people may I recommend X (formerly know as Twitter).
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #552 on: February 15, 2024, 06:15:48 PM »
I heard there was a bunch of twits on tweeter.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #553 on: February 15, 2024, 06:18:32 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised at how open minded the 1946 guy was.  His view was that if he was going to go around making the case that 1946 was superior in many ways to what was out there, he wanted to try anything that came close so he was making a rational argument.  That was refreshing.

That was the norm pre-2012  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 15, 2024, 06:57:47 PM »
Is there a way to see if they peak again in Euro prime time?  Which would be like ...2-3am US?

I'd imagine IL2 has a US and a Euro peak, but I dunno.

Lusche?

Sorry, can't help you with that. Always played Il-2 and DCS in single player only, I have no idea about their MP numbers.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman