Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31254 times)

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #630 on: February 16, 2024, 11:44:52 PM »
How so? I thought WT was on the opposite end of the spectrum from DCS. What business model changes would make this happen?

Ditch the Pay-To-Win sort of thing they have going on.  I could be wrong, but I know plenty of folks to balked at that idea for an arcade feeling game.  That said, I know a few who balked at paying for a module in DCS...  then ran out and paid hundreds if not thousands for "Ships" in Star Citizen which puts DCS to shame in the hot-mess cat 14yrs later.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #631 on: February 16, 2024, 11:48:35 PM »
FFS Animl! Let it go. You’ve lost touch with reality.

Actually, do us a favor and quit the game so you can prove your own prophecy. Everyone wins.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #632 on: February 16, 2024, 11:51:45 PM »
FWIW, DCS is pretty dang good, all things considered. Further, a lot of the problems presented in that 4yr old video you keep using to fault DCS have been satisfactorily addressed... and those "morons" actively work on whatever problems are currently present (which I honestly couldn't tell you, as I don't notice many issues with any of it).  DCS has its faults, as does every "Combat Flight Sim", including AH.  The difference between DCS & AH (IMO) is DCS is much more a simulation while AH is solidly a game (graphics don't turn me on).  They're different beasts altogether.  And I think that's the point most are missing.  HT defined AH as a Game long ago.  Wags defined DCS as a Flight Simulation Game.  This may seem trivial, but it speaks volumes to those willing to listen.  Regardless of whose skimming what or where, I sincerely doubt there will ever be a mad rush from AH to DCS.  AH to War Thunder... ya, that might easily happen with just minor changes to WT's business model.

What are you doing hangin with these dweebs? You used to be FT with me, we kicked some serious butt. I don’t agree with your politics, but we were true bros back in the day. My x52 came from you.  It would be great for me to run with you again. Lets show em how its done again. You know I wish peace in your life. Miss ya
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #633 on: February 17, 2024, 12:56:50 AM »
Ya, would be fun. I pop in here now an then, usually to lurk.  But man, coming back to AH after this many years of DCS/IL-2(various versions)/MSFS and all that.... would be like someone taking my Hog and handing me an OTASCO Special Schwinn Stingray (mine was green, and believe it or not, I still have it!).  I ain't knocking AH.  I got about 18yrs or so of great fun out of it, I just sorta burned out.  Got tired of the same old arguments, silly arnold gamey stuff certain types do, all that jazz.  To be honest, I was mildly entertaining the idea of taking a peek into AH again when HT announced he was letting a certain Turd back in the game.... nope.  That act spoke volumes to me regarding the state of AH.  Heck, I don't even fly the stuff I like that often anymore.  Took me a year just to trade out my Warthog stick for a Virple and still haven't got to the Throttle/rudders yet... sitting in a box next to me.  Maybe eventually someday for those and AH too.

I'm drawing a blank, what's FT mean?

Tell ya what.  Download DCS, get the K4, autostart it, no rudder assist full SIM, then get off the ground then land, first attempt without crashing and I'll give AH a week. ;)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #634 on: February 17, 2024, 01:49:30 AM »

I hope you realize whenever you post something like that, Animl strangles a kitten. 

The Mad   CatMan!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #635 on: February 17, 2024, 05:09:22 AM »

Stop reposting the same toejam like you've gone and got Alzheimers, the more you repeat the posting the less effect and value it and your posts have.
These people are openly expressing their collective First Amendment rights in a much more compelling manner than you are, while you bang your head against the wall, as your time left on this earth is wasted by walls of rambling text screaming incoherently into the void over and over again, it's not going to help you get what you want, nor help you seem a rational human being who's opinions, insights and thoughts are worthy of attention, which is why your being put on people's ignore list faster then Usain Bolt running 100 metres.
I personally get the feeling from your posts in this thread are what it would be like Joe Biden was given text to speech.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #636 on: February 17, 2024, 06:31:50 AM »

I'm drawing a blank, what's FT mean?

Tell ya what.  Download DCS, get the K4, autostart it, no rudder assist full SIM, then get off the ground then land, first attempt without crashing and I'll give AH a week. ;)

I believe FT means full time but with Animl-AW who knows..

I have done that in a k4 on dcs in the daytime lol..

Now get into AH for a week  :joystick:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #637 on: February 17, 2024, 08:33:14 AM »
I believe FT means full time but with Animl-AW who knows..

I have done that in a k4 on dcs in the daytime lol..

Now get into AH for a week  :joystick:

Eagler

You do know how to turn off the assists right? Video or it didn't happen.  :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #638 on: February 17, 2024, 08:49:14 AM »
Just FYI some things you can do with the TF-51, aside from the basics of flying:

Also here is a description of another free mission:

TF-51D Extreme Survival (difficulty level 10000000000)
Type - Single mission

Thinking what's the use of the TF-51D mustang? Well, I have a very fun mission! You and 3 other TF-51Ds are being attacked by 4 F-14s, 4 F-16s and 4 F/A-18Cs, all set to Ace skill level. Your task is to survive for AT LEAST 10 MINUTES. But there are rules! You can not run to any airport. You are not supposed to land on the open fields themselves unless your engine has given up (be careful, they still try to shoot you down even after you have landed and stopped!). You can not eject unless your wings have clipped off or you see your tail fly in some other direction other than your plane. Some tips to survive? Stay low (treetop level at least), stay fast and keep loitering and jinking. Listen to the calls made by your teammates. YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO SURVIVE. GOOD LUCK!

These WILL improve your skills!  :D

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #639 on: February 17, 2024, 09:07:21 AM »
FYI from the ancient Air Warrior texts, FT = Fighter Town. A small arena just for dogfighting. Was a blast.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #640 on: February 17, 2024, 09:29:38 AM »
You do know how to turn off the assists right? Video or it didn't happen.  :D

I think I had them off..no video though

It involves turning on a bunch of switches and things, priming the pump, switching on the radio, tuning to the correct channel and asking for an engine start..
All clear and press to fire up the engine...

Then the fun begins as you try to taxi and liftoff..then get to a fight without blowing your engine before you are shot down from an enemy you never saw...

At least you don't have to worry with landing much lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #641 on: February 17, 2024, 09:35:29 AM »
You would probably know if you turned off the assists as where they are is not obvious. It's a whole 'nother ballgame with the assists turned off on any of the tail draggers.

Here's where to find them. The assist is on by default, not sure about the auto rudders.

https://youtu.be/U3hY_iiZEuI
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 09:39:03 AM by AKIron »

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2024, 01:17:47 PM »
I think I had them off..no video though

It involves turning on a bunch of switches and things, priming the pump, switching on the radio, tuning to the correct channel and asking for an engine start..
All clear and press to fire up the engine...

Then the fun begins as you try to taxi and liftoff..then get to a fight without blowing your engine before you are shot down from an enemy you never saw...

At least you don't have to worry with landing much lol

Eagler

You probably didn't blow your engine... well, like you think.  Did ya flip the MW switch?  Not the one on the Dash, the one under the Tailwheel lock lever?  Did you warm up before jamming full throttle and leave it there for most of the rest of the flight?  Forget to set Gov-Auto to auto?

Spotting is much better than it used to be, much better.  And, if you take flip the gun safety switch off... the guns/cannons work almost every time!  :joystick:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 01:46:01 PM by Tumor »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2024, 01:22:28 PM »
The Mig-21 accelerates so fast I destroyed the landing gear a few times before I learned there is a safety mechanism you must release before you can get the gear up.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 17, 2024, 01:42:09 PM »
But that is at least a rotational throttle like the logitech quad so it probably has some of the same advantages. 

But it is spiking, and that kinda sucks when controlling the collective while trying to get into hover.  :joystick:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman