Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31219 times)

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #645 on: February 17, 2024, 01:56:06 PM »
I know the CEO, Nick Grey, is supposed to be a WWII fanatic especially Battle of Britain and Pacific Theater.  I was expecting BoB to be their next play, but with Combat Pilot on the horizon, I think they are making a strategic re-vectoring toward PTO to not give Combat Pilot the advantage of an unfulfilled niche to get a foothold in.  I believe mainly because Williams has signaled that he is going to be moving more toward high-fidelity that IL2 was and that startes to threaten DCS' high-fidelity supremacy.

Could be.  I couldn't figure out why the CH-47 was being developed for DCS, then yesterday I saw a Youtube preview for the CH-47 in MSFS2020.  Competition is a good thing for companies serious about growing.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #646 on: February 17, 2024, 01:58:41 PM »

But it is spiking, and that kinda sucks when controlling the collective while trying to get into hover.  :joystick:

There are some ways to eliminate pot spiking. It's been a while, let me look.

Here's one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/st26id/fixing_spikingghostingnoisyfluctuating_axis/
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #647 on: February 17, 2024, 02:04:10 PM »
What that will do is output to a virtual joystick an averaged input over a time brief enough so the lag is not noticed and throw out the spikes. I used one method of that several years ago and it worked well.

I'll elaborate on the puzzle pieces a bit more for the uninitiated. First you get a virtual joystick like the free app vjoy. By itself it has no buttons or axes. You then need a program that adds those joystick axes and buttons like Joystick Gremlin or UCR. There is no configuration for vjoy, install and forget. After configuring the axes and buttons in Joystick Gremlin you will then see vjoy with those working axes and buttons in whatever app that sees usb devices.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:22:15 PM by AKIron »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #648 on: February 18, 2024, 11:36:22 AM »
FFS Animl! Let it go. You’ve lost touch with reality.

Actually, do us a favor and quit the game so you can prove your own prophecy. Everyone wins.

I can think circles around you on my worst day.you should look into doin something about your split personality issues. You say one thing and do the opposite in the same thread. I knew your brainless comments on numbers I reported was brain dead when you couldn’t do 5th grade math.  If ya hang with and try to impress punks, you become a fellow punk. People become who they hang with the most. These are not the brightest clowns in the circus.

Re: Peak tonight - 192 in all arenas, 104(?) in MotA 9pm-ish CST

What planet do you play on? MA had barely 100 total all night. Assuming rest were MotA.

Huh? read the numbers again.
104 in MotA. I saw 88 in the MA. 104+88 = 192.
And I didn't even need a calculator.

If MA got to 100 and I didn't see it then it's 204 in all arenas.

That's what planet I live on. 5th grade math, man

You offer to sell me your stick one day to keep me in the game, tired of watching me struggle
Tell me to quit the next day

Who are you tomorrow?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 12:35:40 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #649 on: February 18, 2024, 11:47:09 AM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 12:16:50 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #650 on: February 18, 2024, 11:50:41 AM »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #651 on: February 18, 2024, 12:20:25 PM »
Ya, would be fun. I pop in here now an then, usually to lurk.  But man, coming back to AH after this many years of DCS/IL-2(various versions)/MSFS and all that.... would be like someone taking my Hog and handing me an OTASCO Special Schwinn Stingray (mine was green, and believe it or not, I still have it!).  I ain't knocking AH.  I got about 18yrs or so of great fun out of it, I just sorta burned out.  Got tired of the same old arguments, silly arnold gamey stuff certain types do, all that jazz.  To be honest, I was mildly entertaining the idea of taking a peek into AH again when HT announced he was letting a certain Turd back in the game.... nope.  That act spoke volumes to me regarding the state of AH.  Heck, I don't even fly the stuff I like that often anymore.  Took me a year just to trade out my Warthog stick for a Virple and still haven't got to the Throttle/rudders yet... sitting in a box next to me.  Maybe eventually someday for those and AH too.

I'm drawing a blank, what's FT mean?

Tell ya what.  Download DCS, get the K4, autostart it, no rudder assist full SIM, then get off the ground then land, first attempt without crashing and I'll give AH a week. ;)

Maybe wrong Tumor? Mike?
Flying Tigers?
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #652 on: February 18, 2024, 12:23:11 PM »
FFS Animl! Let it go. You’ve lost touch with reality.

Actually, do us a favor and quit the game so you can prove your own prophecy. Everyone wins.

And back on the ignore list you go. You have no idea who you are today, nor tomorrow. The only ones who want me gone are Pretty Manikin players selling their game on another game's forum.  I get along with everyone else. How about stop talking about your drugs on 200.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #653 on: February 18, 2024, 01:33:10 PM »
Maybe wrong Tumor? Mike?
Flying Tigers?

Right Tumor... but I don't think I ever was a Flying Tiger.  It ain't like my memory is anything to talk about anymore though.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2024, 02:35:30 PM »
What is it you are trying to accomplish animl? If Dale didn't want us talking about other games here he could say so and make a rule. I'd abide. Your back seat driving does nothing but embarrass yourself, or it should.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2024, 03:02:14 PM »

Not much new in this short vid, but I did catch a couple of things I had missed in other vids.

I knew Williams was the producer for the successful IL2 GB series, I missed that he was the CEO for Rise of Flight.  I had been really impressed with the sim quality of that game so I can definitely see him leaning into leaning into high'ish fidelity for CP.  It also now makes sense why IL2 bought RoF.  LoL.  I had always wondered how that match was made.   ;)

Also I caught a hint like Williams is looking at a 3rd party vendor model like DCS uses for sub-companies developing content under the main sim franchise umbrella.  Like DCS partners with Heatblur.  That would be very smart if he learned from DCS success with that model.  Not only does it show he can learn and adapt and isn't afraid to take a new approach and innovate over what worked for him in IL2, but also it sorta might change the dynamic on how long something this size will take.  Multiple teams working to some degree in parallel might reach Alpha faster than I was thinking.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #656 on: February 18, 2024, 03:03:31 PM »
What is it you are trying to accomplish animl? If Dale didn't want us talking about other games here he could say so and make a rule. I'd abide. Your back seat driving does nothing but embarrass yourself, or it should.

Well then,  you seem to think I'm alone and that is NOT the case. all anyone has to do is read through. You just can't take hints, dense.
If Dale wants to sell our audience to another game while we put all the free work into preserving the game )and income", at least for us.

then the best thing I can say is "Never tip a waitress for poor service.

Ask yourself your own question. What are you accomplishing by putting down our game on our bbs, and over-selling your own that is dripping of bugs and no fights? You're trying to sell apples to an orange crowd. And don't say that's not what you're doing,.. some of our IQ is higher than 60.

We both make valid points. But you're the one out of line, you're in my backyard. not vice versa.

I hope your number drop is temporary.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2024, 03:07:18 PM »

LoL.

If your sig line wasn't so good, I'd suggest you copy mine.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2024, 03:07:52 PM »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2024, 03:09:19 PM »
LoL.

If your sig line wasn't so good, I'd suggest you copy mine.

Well you're is a mirror into yourself. I can post 20 threads where you turn them into 15 page drama's everyone got sick of, yet you repeated it faithfully. You're you're own worst nightmare. Ignored by many.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks