Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31314 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2024, 03:10:11 PM »
Right Tumor... but I don't think I ever was a Flying Tiger.  It ain't like my memory is anything to talk about anymore though.

Ok, it's the only way I would know you. I don't remember how long you were in it.... but that's how I know you :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2024, 03:13:41 PM »
LoL.

If your sig line wasn't so good, I'd suggest you copy mine.

This IS the same guy who, called me a "Sexual Predictor" and cutting me down for making videos... in my own thread explaining why iw as gone so long,.. dealing with the loss of my wife and son ( a victim of a sexual predictor.)

This guy has ZERO merit, ZERO class, and Zero Credibility. Everyone got sick on him and Dolby tag teaming drama spewing all over the place,... like he's trying to flip the tables on me here too. He's just a low life. and this is classless, but this goes along with his shady personality. Point being, he can't take what he dishes out. Anyone who listens to him is weak.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2024, 03:29:36 PM »
What is it you are trying to accomplish animl? If Dale didn't want us talking about other games here he could say so and make a rule. I'd abide. Your back seat driving does nothing but embarrass yourself, or it should.

Besides, even though I suspect most have him on ignore now, when he does post his spew, he is still kicking the topic back up to the top again, and again, and again.

I get a chuckle out of that.  :cool:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2024, 04:39:17 PM »
I can think circles around you on my worst day.you should look into doin something about your split personality issues. You say one thing and do the opposite in the same thread. I knew your brainless comments on numbers I reported was brain dead when you couldn’t do 5th grade math.  If ya hang with and try to impress punks, you become a fellow punk. People become who they hang with the most. These are not the brightest clowns in the circus.

Re: Peak tonight - 192 in all arenas, 104(?) in MotA 9pm-ish CST

You offer to sell me your stick one day to keep me in the game, tired of watching me struggle
Tell me to quit the next day

Who are you tomorrow?

You can use joysticks in other games last I checked?

I guess I misunderstood I thought you meant the MA… either way the trend line is still pointing down no matter what your anecdotal math might want to be true.

Nobody is coming to steal AH from you. Comparing this game to others is like comparing apples and unicorns. If someone leaves AH it will not be because of what the other games offer so much as it will be what this one does not. It won’t have anything to do with anyone on this BBS or this thread you cannot seem to let die.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 04:40:50 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2024, 05:39:58 PM »
I found out something interesting stuff that may be useful about the IL2 servers today.

The main company servers reach their peaks between 10 and 2 EST. (these have the small maps with icons and airstarts) They numbers start to fall off but are still decent at 5 EST.

The Combat box (the north American server) and probably one of the best servers seems to peak between 4 and 9 EST. (I'm still not solid on this one yet but I'm getting closer to figuring it out) This one is the one to check out if you want the full realism with SRS. I have noticed that the peak times seem to be much earlier in the day then I was used to with AH3.

SRS: (there are a bunch more but these are just the ones I'm familiar with.
Once you start up you contact tower on channel 2 requesting a callsign or you can request a specific callsign. I usually use Lonestar for example.

After you get your callsign you can request taxi and then takeoff. You may be told to hold if somebody has declared and an emergency.

Once you are airborn you switch to channel 1  (command) where you can request picture, co-ordinate strikes etc.

"Command, this is Yamaha Lead in grid 1015
(updates location so they can advise you on enemy aircraft and call for support if needed)

"Command, this is Uncle-3 in grid 1015, request mission."
(this will be assigned based on plane type and weapon loadout)

"Command, Maniac-Lead, strike package en route to grid 1716, ETA 5 minutes."
(this will allow command to vector fighters for cover)

"Control, this is Arrow-Lead in grid 1017, request bearing home"
(this is a big help for people like me that sometimes have the map upside down)

"Tower, Maniac-3 in grid 2417, emergency landing"
(This will deny takeoff clearance to planes taking off to clear the runway for you if needed)

Please feel free to correct anything I got wrong as I'm still learning.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 06:29:44 PM by hazmatt »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2024, 05:50:11 PM »
It's pretty cool. Gotta hand it to the CB guys, they went all in with SRS. Have cool events. Their guys came up with the giant skins library for the game too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2024, 06:24:09 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2024, 06:51:42 PM »
SRS: (there are a bunch more but these are just the ones I'm familiar with.
Once you start up you contact tower on channel 2 requesting a callsign or you can request a specific callsign. I usually use Lonestar for example.

I wasn't aware IL-2 used SRS.  Thought it was strictly DCS.  Gonna have to dig into SRS as well.

I have been using Teamspeak with my friends for flying, because it is independent of the programs and we can meet up prior to starting any session.  In game the DCS voice comms are coming along and I like that the comms clarity is based on the technological state of the radios.  Also like that comm range is affected by distance and terrain.  Flew with a friend last night and lost contact with him when he took damage to his radio.  Nice touch of immersion.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2024, 09:24:12 PM »
SRS adds realism, at least in DCS. With realism comes complexity. Which radios are tuned to which frequencies? Who am I talking too? What's the protocol for this channel? Too much for some. It does integrate perfectly with DCS though. Tune your radios in the planes tunes SRS. Tune BR-549 for a good time.

I got my tech ham radio license irl a couple years ago. Have yet to use my radio.

Discord is easy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 09:39:11 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2024, 11:06:42 PM »
It's pretty cool. Gotta hand it to the CB guys, they went all in with SRS. Have cool events. Their guys came up with the giant skins library for the game too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

For sure you're right on this. I just figured out to look up the stats and it will tell you how many and what kinds of rounds hit you. It even breaks down to HE and AP on the same weapon.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2024, 11:08:47 PM »
SRS adds realism, at least in DCS. With realism comes complexity. Which radios are tuned to which frequencies? Who am I talking too? What's the protocol for this channel? Too much for some. It does integrate perfectly with DCS though. Tune your radios in the planes tunes SRS. Tune BR-549 for a good time.

I got my tech ham radio license irl a couple years ago. Have yet to use my radio.

Discord is easy.
I've found the voice prompts help to tell you what radio is tuned to what channel. I have the problem of who the heck was I talking too as I haven't figured out how to see the overlay that show's who's transmitting in VR yet or if it's even possible.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2024, 04:14:56 AM »

I've found the voice prompts help to tell you what ...

How come this part of your message reminded me about one eager participant of this topic...     :rofl

The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #672 on: February 19, 2024, 06:27:04 AM »
What some are calling realism here sounds like a giant PITA to deal with during my hour of evening flight sim fun...

To each their own though <S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2024, 07:17:28 AM »
Realism can be a real PIA. You don't have to use SRS though.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2024, 07:48:37 AM »
What some are calling realism here sounds like a giant PITA to deal with during my hour of evening flight sim fun...

To each their own though <S>

Eagler

Many feel that way.  That is why there is an "easy comms" mode in DCS.  Avoids all that pesky radio tuning.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills