Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31315 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #825 on: March 01, 2024, 08:00:45 PM »
Handles really well out the gate. Got some serious weapons systems on it. I would look at it again.

I still have to learn the Apache & Hind.  I've done about as much with those as I have the KA.  Which is odd, but... I kinda fell in love with the Huey.  Doing CSAR on Enigma's is more fun than I ever had dogfighting... and I actually had a dogfight with a freekin Mi-8 once.  That was hilarious.  Ended up ramming him.   :devil
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #826 on: March 01, 2024, 08:50:14 PM »
I still have to learn the Apache & Hind.  I've done about as much with those as I have the KA.  Which is odd, but... I kinda fell in love with the Huey.  Doing CSAR on Enigma's is more fun than I ever had dogfighting... and I actually had a dogfight with a freekin Mi-8 once.  That was hilarious.  Ended up ramming him.   :devil

What is your callsign? I fly the UH-1H in Enigmas many hour
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #827 on: March 02, 2024, 12:37:39 AM »
What is your callsign? I fly the UH-1H in Enigmas many hour

"Cooter"

Give me a yell.  I haven't been in there in quite awhile. (check PMs)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #828 on: March 02, 2024, 07:50:06 AM »
Friend and I do a 1v1 hunting mission with Apache vs. Gazelle (ode to the movie "Firebirds").  We fly in a small sector of a map with lots of canyons that has been broken down into nine sectors.  Whenever the Gazelle enters a sector the Apache is given a message which sector he is in.  The Gazelle is armed with IR missiles and the Apache with guns and Hellfires.  Only rule is no hovering. 

Lots of fun and just another example of what can be done with the mission editor.

We fly the Apache co-op and I have become fairly adept at the front seat.  Still prefer flying the Huey though.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #829 on: March 02, 2024, 08:02:17 AM »
Friend and I do a 1v1 hunting mission with Apache vs. Gazelle (ode to the movie "Firebirds").  We fly in a small sector of a map with lots of canyons that has been broken down into nine sectors.  Whenever the Gazelle enters a sector the Apache is given a message which sector he is in.  The Gazelle is armed with IR missiles and the Apache with guns and Hellfires.  Only rule is no hovering. 

Lots of fun and just another example of what can be done with the mission editor.

We fly the Apache co-op and I have become fairly adept at the front seat.  Still prefer flying the Huey though.

The Fox's

Fox--1- Semi-Active radar homing missle

Fox--2- Infared Homing Missle

Fox--3- Active radar homing missle

Fox--4- You crash into the enemy

Fox--5- Use your skids to take out enemy helo's blades

Fox--6- The Enemy fires a missle at you and it hits
           the enemy helo your flying in front of

Fox--7- Making the enemy auger while trying to kill you

Fox--8- Hiding while being chased, then re-emerging as the
          enemy flys by killing the enemy helo
               Aka  The Firebirds Move

Fox--9-Using flares to disable the enemys engine

Fox--10--Parts from your destroyed helicopter take out the enemy helicopter

Fox--11--Getting a enemy helo to crash into another enemy helo while trying to get you
                         Aka The 3 Stooges Move
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #830 on: March 02, 2024, 08:05:31 AM »
Brother was flying the A model Apache when Firebirds came out. Asked him what he thought about the movie. He said it was embarrassing.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #831 on: March 02, 2024, 08:12:21 AM »
Brother was flying the A model Apache when Firebirds came out. Asked him what he thought about the movie. He said it was embarrassing.

It is one of those campy pleasures.  Like the Iron Eagle movies...pretty cringe worthy.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #832 on: March 02, 2024, 08:36:42 AM »
It is one of those campy pleasures.  Like the Iron Eagle movies...pretty cringe worthy.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #833 on: March 02, 2024, 11:31:51 AM »
So, through videos, I looked at the terrain. It looks like 90s graphics. I was extremely surprised that all that work in cockpits, it appears almost no effort on the terrain. In about 7 videos, I personally didn’t see any as good as AH. Some of what I saw was actually a bad joke. I could not believe I was looking at DCS. The god of graphics, is not really a god at all, except the AC.

Yall lost respect for the stunt here. The only conclusion I have, you’re here because things aren’t all that great there.

Players are starting to pick at the game. And the same defense here is the same defense there.
What I saw is, the forum is sterile, the terrain not that great up close.  All it really has going is AC graphics and missing the big picture.

My time there made me love AH even more, even without future dev in the future. AH is a whole sphere, DCS is only a slice of the sphere. Thats why you’re here running a 50 page of convincing people to like what they aren’t that thrilled about, against their will. Its like you’re convincing people to think fools gold is real gold, when ya know its not.

Pretty sad. It made you turn on your own home. If I notice it, I could bet 50 others did too.

For 50+ pages, ya got almost nothing out of it,
Only 10% of AH players use the bbs, and only a few of those responded. You may have got one to try it. And they seem to have come back home.

Insanity, is when one keeps doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results that never come. Ya got what you were going to get years ago. This thread, is the act of panicl.

Trips made points there about Steam in comparing games, yet, refuses the reality that steam also shows the loss of almost 2k within a few months.

Their peak is over, and this thread is sad, yielding no results. Our numbers are slowly coming up with return players, while DCS is losing theirs. There’s no more growth.

This thread smells of desperation. Desperate people, do desperate things.

What I saw in close up terrain, was sad. Looks great from far away, not so much up close. I’m good with everything looking good over one thing looking great. Several games look better in that respect.

IMO DCS is great, because the players convinced themselves it’s great. People see ghost that are not there, because they chose to see ghost that are not there. Now they are trying to convince us to see ghost that are not there. Sad.

To each their own.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #834 on: March 02, 2024, 11:58:34 AM »
This is a 2019 video comparing DCS and IL2.  I think it is spot on, fair, and pretty much can directly replace anytime he says "IL2" with "Aces High" and the argument still holds.

I'll keep this vid link for when I am trying to explain to some one the difference.

I expect Combat Pilot will be closer to DCS than IL2 in fidelity.  At least that is what they have been communicating as their intent.

(The main point to this vid is, IMHO, they are hard to compare.  Apples and oranges.  One is not really the competitor to the other even when they overlap airframes.  They can be complementary.  You move to one or the other depending on what you are wanting to do.  They play both regularly. )
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 12:44:00 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #835 on: March 02, 2024, 12:28:05 PM »
You’ve been in self-convincing mode for a long time.
You’ve gained nothing. To the rest of us, the ghost just aren’t there. But you convinced yourself to see many. You’re not convincing us, you are convincing yourself. And now you’ve gone on so long you made yourself the uncle no longer invited to Thanksgiving dinner at home.

If the game was that much better, you would have been successful in one page.

You’ve found 1000 ways to say the same thing differently in 1000 posts, gaining near nothing. Its fubar. Some points you avoid at all cost in 1000 posts.

It truly is like a used car salesman who won’t let us look under the hood to see if it has an engine. Its a lemon car.  You keep trying to sell appkes to an orange loving crowd, and failing, just to try it again.

You’re stuck in self-convincing mode.

I would go to IL-2 before even touching DCS.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #836 on: March 02, 2024, 12:41:34 PM »

Sig line.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #837 on: March 02, 2024, 12:50:06 PM »
You want a reality check?

Look at how many viewed this thread, and look at how many you convinced. That’s less than .001.

Thats reality. You had the biggest chance ever, and gained nothing. This thread is proof you should check yourself.  Your dream is not being met despite your over 1000 post about it. Our choice to stay is not our problem, you lack of success is yours. Maybe you should reconsider your loss.

Talking about other games is ok. Obsession with sales is different. It doesn’t bother me. You’ve popped no balloons. No free planes.

Its just not going to happen. It didn’t work in AW either. It had to close before AH got the biggest migration in its genre. Expect the same results. And because of the style of play, IL-2 is mire likely to get that. I just don’t like giving my money to an adversary’s game. I like American made. I’ll bronze my 16 yr old stick, and put it on the mantle.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #838 on: March 02, 2024, 12:50:39 PM »

Sig line.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #839 on: March 02, 2024, 12:51:25 PM »
Sometimes, reality is hard to accept. We’re here til the end.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks