Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31151 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #990 on: March 13, 2024, 01:16:32 PM »

You’re certainly not here because you have friends here.

I'm here because I like it here, partly.  The other part is to curb your built-in burning desire to censor stuff.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #991 on: March 13, 2024, 01:17:26 PM »
Is there anything against that in the forum rules?  I looked and didn't see anything.

I would argue off topic, at this point. The original goal of the thread was discussion about AH versus the other sims, but there has seldom been mention of AH in the last 20-30 pages.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #992 on: March 13, 2024, 01:19:33 PM »
I would argue off topic, at this point. The original goal of the thread was discussion about AH versus the other sims, but there has seldom been mention of AH in the last 20-30 pages.

Would the topic author agree?

Edge, are we hijacking your thread? If so, I apologize.  Conversations evolve.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #993 on: March 13, 2024, 01:22:33 PM »
I hold Spikes, Eagler, and Dadtallica in high regard and respect their opinions.  I think they make a valid point. 

Discussing features of different sims for comparison, with AH as a common point of reference, was the main point of this thread.  Also as a safe place for "AH only" players to ask about other sims out there.

I have learned quite a bit about IL-2, WarThunder, Combat Pilot, and the current state of AH from this thread.    I appreciate that HiTech allows the discussion of other sims on this forum and think other sims should follow suit.  Our hobby is too much of a niche to be phobic about discussing all the options available to us.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #994 on: March 13, 2024, 01:24:43 PM »
Would the topic author agree?

Edge, are we hijacking your thread? If so, I apologize.  Conversations evolve.

I have been guilty of this as well.  Easy to get off track with our passions.  :lol

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #995 on: March 13, 2024, 01:25:33 PM »
I hold Spikes, Eagler, and Dadtallica in high regard and respect their opinions.  I think they make a valid point. 

Discussing features of different sims for comparison, with AH as a common point of reference, was the main point of this thread.  Also as a safe place for "AH only" players to ask about other sims out there.

I have learned quite a bit about IL-2, WarThunder, Combat Pilot, and the current state of AH from this thread.    I appreciate that HiTech allows the discussion of other sims on this forum and think other sims should follow suit.  Our hobby is too much of a niche to be phobic about discussing all the options available to us.

I've been discussing AH over in Enigma's IL2 discord too.  No one has wet themselves and we've had some great discussions.  Pros and cons and compare contrast IL 1946\GB v DCS v CP v AH.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #996 on: March 13, 2024, 01:53:41 PM »
I have been guilty of this as well.  Easy to get off track with our passions.  :lol

Ok.  So I had tried at the beginning and all I got were personal anecdotal testimonies on why this person or that person prefers AH to everything else and AH is simply the best in all categories.  I had been trying to talk about the next higher view of where AH fits in with the overall sim market regardless of the selection bias of decades long AH customers preferring it.  I have no doubt about that.

So let's get back on topic.

Simple question I never get a straight answer on.  For those that say AH is best and needs no improvement, where are the players at?

Why did the 600 a night players leave, and why have they never been able to be replaced?

Why does IL2 GB find customers, WT, DCS (all across the sim spectrum) get the customers AH can't attract?

Is it simply HT needs to run some ads?

If HT ran $mil ad buy tomorrow, would that put 600 players back in the area (durably)?  If not, what is holding it back?

-----------

I actually think AH has more potential customers at it's point on the sim curve than DCS has at it's chosen point.  DCS is fringe.  But it captures near 100% of it potential base.  That is why it is making money.  Smaller potential but captures most of it's potential.

IMHO, AH has a larger population of potential customers with it's middle of the road fidelity design, but it captures almost 0% of the potential.

WT on the other the hand has the most potential customers and captures a very high percentage of them.  That is why they are printing money hand over fist.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:31:07 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #997 on: March 13, 2024, 02:11:02 PM »
I've been discussing AH over in Enigma's IL2 discord too.  No one has wet themselves and we've had some great discussions.  Pros and cons and compare contrast IL 1946\GB v DCS v CP v AH.

Play on words, dbl talk. They have it segregated away from other forums. Grow up. You’re not fooling one single person. You’re a scammer and skimmer. Nothing more, nothing less. Snf you think its just me because I’m the loudest. You have no paying customer friends here. You sank yourself with this con job and constant spam.

Maybe the paying customers need more attention than firmer player spammers.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #998 on: March 13, 2024, 02:11:56 PM »

Oh please.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #999 on: March 13, 2024, 02:15:52 PM »

Sig line.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1000 on: March 13, 2024, 02:24:59 PM »

Sig line.

Sig there, biggest drama queen AH ever had here. Now play poor victim and hit the report button in s paying player again.

No one wants you here.

I can buy a happy meal instead.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1001 on: March 13, 2024, 02:26:38 PM »

Sig line.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #1002 on: March 13, 2024, 02:48:29 PM »
Sig there, biggest drama queen AH ever had here. Now play poor victim and hit the report button in s paying player again.

No one wants you here.

I can buy a happy meal instead.

Sorry to say, Animl, but it is you who is playing the role of martyr here, like someone was forcing you to read this topic. If edge12674 as an author accepts the development of discussion and HT allows it to continue, what is your problem?

And let's now make a comparison of forums, AH vs IL-2. The latter has its own subforum, dedicated for discussions of other sims. There are several non-IL2 flying persons participating and nobody flying there behaves like having fire ants in their pants because of them.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1003 on: March 13, 2024, 04:16:11 PM »
I've played many WWI "sims" over the decades. Rise of Flight was pretty good. Would buy IL-2 Flying Circus but it's 80 bucks. Will watch for a sale.

<edit>
Just saw it at the IL-2 site for much less, non-steam. Gonna hafta buy it.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #1004 on: March 13, 2024, 04:55:21 PM »
Tbe only one anoying here is YOU Animl.

Do all of us a favor and shut it...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..