Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31121 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1305 on: April 21, 2024, 01:19:15 PM »
Polychop got a lot of flak for their Gazelle for a long time but everyone seems to be happy with it now. I own the module and it seems fine to me. I've ridden in a couple of military choppers but never behind the stick so what do I know.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1306 on: April 21, 2024, 01:28:28 PM »
Polychop got a lot of flak for their Gazelle for a long time but everyone seems to be happy with it now. I own the module and it seems fine to me. I've ridden in a couple of military choppers but never behind the stick so what do I know.

Gaz benefitted from their work on the Kiowa.  AS FM improvements were made they rolled them out to the Gaz to smoke test.  Most think the Gaz is pretty good now.  Yes, it's going to fly twitchier than a fully loaded Apache.  It weighs a lot less too. ;)

My hopes are the Kiowa has a much smoother launch than the Gaz had.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 02:33:13 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1307 on: April 21, 2024, 02:49:25 PM »
I'm sure you remember my bro mentioning he flew them as an Army Scout though probably an earlier model than what is about to be released. He mentioned today that DCS is about as good as any pro simulator he's flown.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1308 on: April 21, 2024, 02:55:38 PM »
I'm sure you remember my bro mentioning he flew them as an Army Scout though probably an earlier model than what is about to be released. He mentioned today that DCS is about as good as any pro simulator he's flown.

I saw in another video a guy saying in the mission editor you will be able to remove certain capabilities to make it more like earlier models.  It'd be interesting to see if it can get whittled down closer to what he remembers.

Looks like a simpler fun ride.  Like an air combat version of a go-cart. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1309 on: April 22, 2024, 09:15:46 AM »
I bought the Strike Eagle but have spent maybe 20 minutes in it. I also preordered the Phantom. I'm learning the F-18 systems which seem to be a lot more complicated than the F-16 systems. So plenty to keep me busy for a long time. Of course that hasn't stopped me buying a shiny new module in the past.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1310 on: April 22, 2024, 09:33:24 AM »
I bought the Strike Eagle but have spent maybe 20 minutes in it. I also preordered the Phantom. I'm learning the F-18 systems which seem to be a lot more complicated than the F-16 systems. So plenty to keep me busy for a long time. Of course that hasn't stopped me buying a shiny new module in the past.

Yeah I might skip the F-4 for a while.  It's not the cost, it's the work load.  I still have other airframes I am learning\enjoying.  I need to catch-up on what I got like the Redfor helo's I've hardly touched.

But Kiowa will be a near day 1 purchase.  Chinook probably too.  But I don't pre-order things anymore and want at least some initial reviews. 

My next fixed wing would probably be the Corsair with Essex carrier.  :D

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1311 on: April 22, 2024, 11:12:36 AM »
Yeah I might skip the F-4 for a while.  It's not the cost, it's the work load.  I still have other airframes I am learning\enjoying.  I need to catch-up on what I got like the Redfor helo's I've hardly touched.

But Kiowa will be a near day 1 purchase.  Chinook probably too.  But I don't pre-order things anymore and want at least some initial reviews. 

My next fixed wing would probably be the Corsair with Essex carrier.  :D

Good morning grasshopper.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1312 on: April 22, 2024, 02:18:57 PM »
These guys had some fun.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1313 on: April 22, 2024, 05:07:48 PM »
Both are stupid to draw this out in public. OTOH, players who spend should know this. Not easy to keep secretes in a gaming world

Eagle Dynamics and RAZBAM clash in public statements
https://stormbirds.blog/2024/04/04/eagle-dynamics-and-razbam-clash-in-public-statements/comment-page-1/

I warned yall the math doesn't work. They knew I was right, I had to be made to look stupit, even calling me a "Sexual Predator", defacing me to my friends. They wanted the hook in before ya found out. Anyone in tune with ED/DCS knew this while they were trying to sell it to you. This problem started 9 mos ago. How old is this thread? Your buddies? Gonna tell me Mr. Informed Trips didn't know this?

Animl - the village idiot
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:17:16 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1314 on: April 22, 2024, 05:25:18 PM »
Welcome to 2 weeks ago.

Looks like Razbam has discovered the better part of valor.  Or the lawyers grabbed them by the throat.  The best anyone can figure out there was a contract dispute involving mis-use of IP. 

Some here know about IP misuse.

Thanks for the bump.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1315 on: April 22, 2024, 05:46:06 PM »
The landings near the end of that video are entertaining. I feel their pain.

Starting about here:

https://youtu.be/Ukjl-Bhy0_I?t=2516

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1316 on: April 22, 2024, 06:04:01 PM »
The landings near the end of that video are entertaining. I feel their pain.

Starting about here:

https://youtu.be/Ukjl-Bhy0_I?t=2516

Bumps-a-daisy.  It's enough to make you weep.

:rofl

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1317 on: April 22, 2024, 06:20:16 PM »

Animl - the village idiot

The most accurate thing you have ever posted on here.

I would say go play DCS and find out how much FUN it is.....but some folks don't like eating crow. :cheers:
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1318 on: April 22, 2024, 09:10:10 PM »

It's way better now.  That said, I still curve the crap outta the axiseses.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1319 on: April 22, 2024, 09:28:42 PM »
It's way better now.  That said, I still curve the crap outta the axiseses.

Not to get personal, but what size stick do you have?

It's like by default, it would be ok with a full length floor mounted yoke and a full lengths collector arm.  With that amount of leverage you could get very fine control.

With a Gladiator sitting on my desk, the throw is a lot shorter. So if you are not using full size hardware, you just always are going to need fair amount of curve.  Except for throttle I start at 15 by default.

Thankfully all your tweaks are per airframe so you can tune each to how you like it.

And yeah, I use a heavier curve on the Gaz. ;)