Author Topic: Hoarding and Hiding Task Groups Is Lame!  (Read 506 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Hoarding and Hiding Task Groups Is Lame!
« on: January 15, 2024, 09:42:36 AM »
This practice needs to end. Hiding boats several sectors behind lines is so childish. I’m not talking about sneaking one off to a far away strat or base. I’m referring to taking or holding ports and then sending their boats off to never never land rendering them useless for anyone. 

“But Dad… don’t you realize they might sink it and use it against us!”  :uhoh OMG the horror! Imagine the crazy notion of letting a country initiate combat in a combat game. What a strange idea.

It’s one of my biggest AH pet peeves!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hoarding and Hiding Task Groups Is Lame!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 10:48:30 AM »
Well this is a new one. Not.  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 11:27:36 AM »
RHIP 

and in the words of the ancient roly poly elders, "git gud, scrub." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAxcGkAY2I

and when you think you "git gud," scrub.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbYwP3v1YY

They're vive le dirt league skits... they do a variety of genres, very funny.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 12:18:35 PM »
Well this is a new one. Not.  :rofl

After 25 years it’s hard to find new problems lol
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 12:36:39 PM »
Well until we can place mines in harbor, I will continue to send captured boats to Gilligan's island.
                                           :neener: :banana: :neener:.
AkCaine

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 04:32:06 PM »
Well until we can place mines in harbor, I will continue to send captured boats to Gilligan's island.
                                           :neener: :banana: :neener:.

But why…?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 09:21:51 PM »
But why…?

Caine plays the game from a VERY tactical view. To him losing a base is like the USA losing Hawaii to Japan would have been in WWII. Will from a strategic point of view it makes sense, but in a game it is a very selfish play.

He plays the game as he is Emperor and his "wishes" are all that matter. Never mind that everyone else is paying the same $15 and many would rather see that CV used to create more action/fun for many people.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 10:54:57 PM »
+ many.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 11:04:31 PM »
After 25 years it’s hard to find new problems lol

I found a new problem, I truly suck at flight sims now. I have forgotten the ancient art of roly poly. I need to "git gud" again as a scrub.

I was never really good at them but the suckiness has grown exponentially.

Oh well, it'll be fun trying the git gud, scrub method.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 02:02:11 PM »
Caine plays the game from a VERY tactical view. To him losing a base is like the USA losing Hawaii to Japan would have been in WWII. Will from a strategic point of view it makes sense, but in a game it is a very selfish play.

He plays the game as he is Emperor and his "wishes" are all that matter. Never mind that everyone else is paying the same $15 and many would rather see that CV used to create more action/fun for many people.
Thank you, Fugitive probably nicest thing you have said about me!
Currently Rooks have CV8.CV15 hidden, and they were placed there by someone other than me, so it's possible several someone's else see the value of protecting CV's.

AkCaine

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 03:54:31 PM »
Thank you, Fugitive probably nicest thing you have said about me!
Currently Rooks have CV8.CV15 hidden, and they were placed there by someone other than me, so it's possible several someone's else see the value of protecting CV's.

More than likely it was from me, anytime I see Cybro sitting with B5N on a carrier deck I turn that ship around back the way it came.
4 hours later when he comes back expecting the CV to be flashing a base for an easy kill he finds himself on Gilligan's island lmao  :rofl

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 03:55:25 PM »
More than likely it was from me, anytime I see Cybro sitting with B5N on a carrier deck I turn that ship around back the way it came.
4 hours later when he comes back expecting the CV to be flashing a base for an easy kill he finds himself on Gilligan's island lmao  :rofl

This I will allow and may do myself lol. Otherwise you’re not protecting anything but action.