Author Topic: Do you have an insomnia hack?  (Read 709 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Do you have an insomnia hack?
« on: January 19, 2024, 12:32:42 AM »
Try the B-29 Superfortress.

Or maybe some thunder and rain

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Do you have an insomnia hack?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 06:25:31 AM »
We have used the rainstorm videos to fall asleep during our afternoon nap

Retirement is exhausting lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 08:40:05 AM »
Weed!  :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 09:28:34 AM »
Weed!  :aok

Like alcohol though it may not keep you asleep all night

Exercise and proper diet is best imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 09:40:36 AM »
Like alcohol though it may not keep you asleep all night

Exercise and proper diet is best imo

Eagler

That’s like comparing apples and wrenches. Weed is nothing like alcohol and thank goodness for that!

Plenty of strains will knock you cold for as long as you want but it’s always dependent on the individual. Marijuana affects everyone differently.

Not eating before bed and exercising are certainly great ideas too. I used to play my drums for an hour before bed and I would sleep so restful and wake up refreshed. Plus the weed lol
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 09:42:36 AM »
Watch something on Netflix.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 09:59:45 AM »

Read The Fountainhead.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 10:25:52 AM »
I use a plain old table top fan to help with the tinnitus. It's worked for me for over 30 years. I prefer the tower style to save space. They are fairly inexpensive at wallyworld or amazon.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:27:30 AM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 10:52:24 AM »
I use a plain old table top fan to help with the tinnitus. It's worked for me for over 30 years. I prefer the tower style to save space. They are fairly inexpensive at wallyworld or amazon.

This or for something more compact that easily fits in a suitcase or bag for travel:
https://a.co/d/agDAWUM

I find a 3mg tab of melatonin does the trick many times while traveling.
I've tried various edibles in the past. The ones that work leave me groggy in the AM however. Don't like that.
I know folks that use my namesake "Xanax" or alprazolam. It works fine for a short period but a dependency to it and other benzodiazepines could become an issue.
I think Eagler has the best long-term solution of diet and exercise. Nothing after 6pm for food with a decent amount of exercise during the day or evening.
I like a nice, well paced 20-30 mile bike ride with a couple of climbs in the day and a light dinner. A good 8-9 hour sleep ensues which is pretty decent for a dude in his mid 50's.
Any exercise works! I'd kill for a set of drums like Dadtallica there. My wife could then workout by beating me to death with an umbrella or heavy purse while I pretend to bang out some Bonham.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 03:07:03 PM »
Hard work and a clear conscience results in a good sleep.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 04:00:40 PM »
Being retired...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 12:24:47 AM »
Had insomnia for 7-8 days once, didn't sleep one second. My eyes literally were twitching and rolling if I closed them. I gritted my teeth until 3 molars fractured and made a loud pop that woke me up. Turned me into a vegetable. IQ takes a major hit.

NO ALCOHOL in the evening, It will make you fall asleep, but it raises your blood pressure and you never hit REM.

Don't eat any sugar or soda past 5p. no coffee past 3p. Do not eat anything heavy less than 3 hours before bed. Use the bathroom before bed. Don't go to bed angry. If you don't fall alseep within 20 minutes, get up and walk around. No naps during the day. Melatonin can work, weed works,  where it's legal.

Usually due to too much brain activity, let that sht go. Fall asleep to nature shows, they are calming and do not use flash editing going from dark to bright screen in a flash, that's a trigger. Many commercials use that tactic, on purpose.

Make peace with people you love.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 12:31:07 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2024, 02:56:52 AM »
Have your wife tell you about her day......you will go right to sleep.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024, 06:24:47 AM »
Have your wife tell you about her day......you will go right to sleep.

Lol I do the same to my wife as my droning on knocks her out cold..

Surprised no one mentioned the best way to get to sleep,  well it has been for us for the last 45 years....Sex!

:cheers:

Eagler

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2024, 02:39:27 PM »
Lol I do the same to my wife as my droning on knocks her out cold..

Surprised no one mentioned the best way to get to sleep,  well it has been for us for the last 45 years....Sex!

:cheers:

Eagler
BAhahahaha. the missing link
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP