Author Topic: No vox channel or range window  (Read 323 times)

Offline Clouso

• Zinc Member
No vox channel or range window
« on: January 19, 2024, 02:26:17 AM »
Has anyone had a issue with missing range and channel window. Works in vr but not in normal game mode. I have searched with mouse in case it was off screen somewhere. No luck

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: No vox channel or range window
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 10:04:28 AM »
When I lose mine they are in the up view and  little black line, once you find them you can re size them. I have only lost mine in VR and not in 2D.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 10:32:07 AM »
Go to the Settings folder and find a file named "Roomrect" - you can open it in Notepad. There you'll see the coordinates of the Range/Channel window. The RightPosition has to be a smaller number than your horizontal resolution and the BottomPosition has to be less than the vertical resolution. And of course the Top and Left have to be a positive number. The difference between Top/Bottom and Left/Right tell the size of the window in pixels. When you get the window on your screen, moving and stretching it changes the values automatically.

Also notice that there's a different file for monitor and VR.

And for the record, there's other files that have similar coordinate information. "Radio" is one of them.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Clouso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 12:14:28 PM »
Thanks I have the window in vr and on lap top, the monitor is where it is missing. I have a roomrect folder in settings and a vrroomrect folder but no monitor roomrect folder, could this be the problem and if so what can I do to fix it? Thanks again for your help.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 12:39:25 PM »
Please reveal your setup a bit more.

So do you have an external monitor hooked to your laptop, and the game running both on the laptop screen and duplicated on the monitor? And do you swap the monitor with VR when needed? If the latter, it's possible that the monitor thinks it's VR so moving the missing window to, say, to the center of the screen with VR it might show in the middle of your monitor as well after which you could move it to where you want to. Maybe... I'm not too familiar with VR but I know for sure that there's no monitor roomrect file, a monitor is just an extra screen whilst VR is a bit more intelligent device.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Clouso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 12:46:11 PM »
I have monitor hooked to laptop and no duplicate view just monitor. I have window when using laptop with no monitor hooked up. I am having trouble getting duplicate view when I have monitor hooked up.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 12:49:34 PM »
once you get it fixed and have all your settings the way you want, i recommend making a copy of your settings folder. That has saved me a lot of time and trouble in the past. If you have issues, just pop that whole folder into your install and write over the old one.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 12:56:30 PM »
I have monitor hooked to laptop and no duplicate view just monitor. I have window when using laptop with no monitor hooked up. I am having trouble getting duplicate view when I have monitor hooked up.
So when using Windows+P and choosing External monitor only you don't see the window but when there's nothing hooked to your laptop you see it?

Kotisivuni

Offline Clouso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 12:59:03 PM »
Bizman, I found it when I went to duplicate display, it was stuck in bottom right corner just a tiny bit showing. Thank you so much for your assistance. I will save those sittings.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 01:01:46 PM »
Good job!

Goes to show nothing can't stop existing, just stay hidden.

Kotisivuni

Offline Clouso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 01:04:09 PM »
 So true