Author Topic: Embroidered patch to commemorate glorious battles in Mastes of the Air scenario  (Read 2871 times)

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
while my artistic and creative skills suck at best, I will more than happily kick in for the cost of the production run.     :salute  :cheers: :airplane:
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
I'll throw the first patch...

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
that's good pots, but I think it needs to depict the Axis as well
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films

To the victor, go the spoils :D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
Eagle is a Luftwaffe emblem which usually contained Swastika

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I thought he meant the animal....  :devil
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
This design may have too many elements, or too much detail.  Designing a patch is harder than it looks.   I may be back with an alternate, simpler design.    Those previous patches were very cool-looking, esp Der Grosse Schlag and the Red Storm-Kruppes Steel. 

Brooke who do you use to create the patches?  It might help to look at their website for design guidelines?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 05:10:24 PM by oboe »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Brooke who do you use to create the patches?  It might help to look at their website for design guidelines?

They don't really have guidelines that tell you much.

What you do is use some judgement, make a graphic, send it in, they render it into what it will approximately look like in stitching, you iterate that until you are happy, then you pull the trigger on a patch run.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Here's another, simpler one, focusing on the theme of the scenario.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:03:00 PM by oboe »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
This design may have too many elements, or too much detail.  Designing a patch is harder than it looks.   I may be back with an alternate, simpler design.    Those previous patches were very cool-looking, esp Der Grosse Schlag and the Red Storm-Kruppes Steel. 

(Image removed from quote.)

This one is superb to be honest. Not sure how easy it is to edit - but perhaps for the Luftwaffe just have the traditional WWII Balkenkreuz (https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-nf66r1574l/images/stencil/2048x2048/products/221/721/IN-23__80897.1579715806.png?c=2) ? Maybe February on the left vert side and 2024 on the right vert side? Just spitballing.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Oboe, for the two you did, likely the words will end up having the equivalent of bigger fonts, and the outside border would be thicker.  If you look at the pictures of the patches above, check out how big various words are with respect to the patch to see what I mean.

Patches are 3" diameter.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Folks, let's pick which of these three you guys like the best so far.

That way, the creator can focus on that in making tweaks to convert it to something that would work as a patch.

Cast a vote.  Which do you like the best?

A.

B.

C.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Folks, let's pick which of these three you guys like the best so far.

That way, the creator can focus on that in making tweaks to convert it to something that would work as a patch.

Cast a vote.  Which do you like the best?

A.

B.

C.

B for me! Although I do worry about how the detail will translate into a patch.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
B

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
This one is superb to be honest. Not sure how easy it is to edit - but perhaps for the Luftwaffe just have the traditional WWII Balkenkreuz (https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-nf66r1574l/images/stencil/2048x2048/products/221/721/IN-23__80897.1579715806.png?c=2) ? Maybe February on the left vert side and 2024 on the right vert side? Just spitballing.

Thanks Spikes, I can make that change, and put the design up as an alternate choice.   I'll also incorporate Brooke's suggestion of a wider outline band with a larger font.

I really thought more people would be submitting designs.   Seems like we should have a larger field to pick from.   

I think 'A' is an interesting design because the Luftwaffe and 8th AF symbols interfere with each other, visually suggesting a clash.
But not sure how the embroider machine would handle the overlapping wings.   But its a cool idea.