Author Topic: Impossible shots!!!  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Impossible shots!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 04:17:08 AM »
Are you saying VPN causes lag issues? Because I find it hard hitting flying barn, and think VPN is enabled on that pc. Never thought of it, but it would make sense

Unless the enemy lane is warping in & out of range, the amount of lag has no impact on your own gunnery, though. Shooting is resolved locally -  you are shooting at the representation of the enemy plane on your screen and you gotta hit that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2024, 04:44:33 AM »
Unless the enemy lane is warping in & out of range, the amount of lag has no impact on your own gunnery, though. Shooting is resolved locally -  you are shooting at the representation of the enemy plane on your screen and you gotta hit that.

I was thinking if the data was late it would effect where the plane should be.

Last night, I land 2-3 hits on a cockpit. Nothing. Sometimes I hit several times, nothing. Might as well be shooting blanks. There’s no way I’m that bad. Starting to get suspicious. I used to land 3-4 kills. I was doing better 5 months ago than i am now. Someone hits me once and I’m  dead. I’m going to run several test only I know about. There is no chance I’m that bad, even with a bad stick. I’m hitting, I’m only getting assist at best. Its like my bullets are at 50%. Like I’ve said before, they aren’t out flying me, I can’t kill them. I’ve gotten like 5 kills in a month. I was doing better my first week back. I lose.  every. Single. Ho and ram. 100%, even when I’m hitting cockpit and engine. If my results are different the whole world will know it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 05:04:26 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2024, 05:54:53 AM »
Zacherof, who is my nephew, shot down my Dad in Masters of the Air.

He is not One of Our Boys.  He is one them guys we are fighting what are called "The Germans" or whatever.

Treachery, I say!

I allege that Zacherof was using one -- and possibly MORE than one! -- impossible shot to accomplish this foul deed.

Its a outrage!  (To quote yet another Zack.)
:furious   Sister's kid? HAS TO BE?   That "them guys" roasted my burro( :rofl) the other day....the fuder.. I mean feller :bolt:   Eh, my Sis did same thing for me, with my Niece.....ULBlizz was a holy terror.  I wonder who trained her?   Yeah, I sort of own that :bhead   It is awesome though!  I now have a new thing to say when z hack ( :rofl) roasts me next time in MA..."Nef You"  :devil      Hehehehe   I got 2 assists on him in frame 1....hey, someone has to defend your honor  :devil  We have had some awesome fun, with and against each other in MA. He is a stand up guy, in my book.   Now your Sis, or Brother, on the other hand.....well this is a family (moderated) forum..so.... :cheers: Got to love em!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 06:02:37 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2024, 06:25:36 AM »

Lag is the result of high ping. Ping is a measurement of how many milliseconds it takes for your computer to connect to the server and back. So if your ping is 80 it takes 80 milliseconds for your computer to connect to the server and then the server to connect back. The main giveaway for lag is that it causes delay in your gameplay, with your commands not being acted on by the game immediately. Things do not happen at screen but in server, and longer it takes command to reach the server, more it effects.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2024, 08:02:48 AM »
Its a outrage!  (To quote yet another Zack.)

We certainly do need Zack1234 more and more each passing day on these boards  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2024, 03:32:38 PM »
Lag is the result of high ping. Ping is a measurement of how many milliseconds it takes for your computer to connect to the server and back. So if your ping is 80 it takes 80 milliseconds for your computer to connect to the server and then the server to connect back. The main giveaway for lag is that it causes delay in your gameplay, with your commands not being acted on by the game immediately. Things do not happen at screen but in server, and longer it takes command to reach the server, more it effects.

That's not quite correct with AH. AH is a client calculated engine, so your client calculates hits and collisions. "commands" are all executing locally. Where you do notice lag is if you hit an enemy, that hit is transmitted to the server, then the server relays it to the enemy and their client 'executes' the hit. Lag makes the hit take a moment longer than normal to register.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2024, 04:02:02 PM »

According to AH my ping is religiously 40-50.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2024, 04:04:24 PM »
That's not quite correct with AH. AH is a client calculated engine, so your client calculates hits and collisions. "commands" are all executing locally. Where you do notice lag is if you hit an enemy, that hit is transmitted to the server, then the server relays it to the enemy and their client 'executes' the hit. Lag makes the hit take a moment longer than normal to register.

But isn’t it true that the first that registers gets the kill? As in HOs?
Lately, when the known HO horde hits, I fly the k4, and still lose every single ho.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:06:24 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2024, 04:10:11 PM »
Lately, when the known HO horde hits, I fly the k4, snd still lose every single ho.

Fly the 109g2 with gonds and aim slightly high at 800d, couple of bursts then evade

I survive a frontal attack more in the g2 than the k4

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2024, 04:28:36 PM »
Fly the 109g2 with gonds and aim slightly high at 800d, couple of bursts then evade

I survive a frontal attack more in the g2 than the k4

Eagler
Well I’m damn near shooting them with grenades. Some times I get so pissed at condtant ho DWEEBS that I just pull at 1000 sll the way through the merge and lose.

I have escape routes, dive under. Loop over and 90% of the time end up on their 6. Its about giving them s taste of their own meds. But all it does is prove the point, I’m firing basically blanks. Snd its gotten worse, not better. I’m starting to get very suspicious. Now I just want answers ir I’ll end up going balistic
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2024, 04:35:54 PM »
Animal have you checked your Net Status (function is available on clipboard).   Just wondering if the gunnery troubles could be related to packet loss...

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2024, 04:47:51 PM »
Animal have you checked your Net Status (function is available on clipboard).   Just wondering if the gunnery troubles could be related to packet loss...

That's a good point I'm trying to figure out. I agree, it's some form of packet loss/lag etc./I'm using Xfinity cable, and cable is known for packet dropping, DSL was always a little slower but a lot cleaner, less packet loss. In my best days I had DSL. I used to laugh at bragging clowns, because I'd hand them their butt. A newbie can slaughter me now. Looking into what ever I can think of.

I programmed my own IP ping and diag in XP Game Launcher, it still works. I'm going to pull it out and run some stuff I built into it and see what it comes up with.

Had a convo on tech page about VPN usage. It can cause some lag. I'm going to try one thing at a time so I find the exact answer. I'm going to fly tonight without VPN, if no change, go to the next thought in line.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:53:40 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2024, 05:31:36 PM »
We certainly do need Zack1234 more and more each passing day on these boards  :old:

I miss Zack.  :cry

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2024, 05:56:32 PM »

I haven't heard anyone be called fat in this thread yet and I am outraged.

#FreeZack

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2024, 03:45:31 PM »
Lately, when the known HO horde hits, I fly the k4, and still lose every single ho.

Well that depends on what you are asking. If your front end (client) sees you shoot and hit him, it will still result in a kill. "lag" kills are quite common in AH.

However, if you are in a HO, you shoot and take his wing off, but he shoots and headshots you, you will die without a kill credit. He will eventually crash and die and the credit will either go to no one or if anyone else is nearby they get the proxy kill.