Author Topic: MOTA Review Thread. Keep It Civil!  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: MOTA Review Thread. Keep It Civil!
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2024, 10:28:16 AM »
I’m sorry I thought this show was about airplanes? They over fictionalized a bunch of stuff and the CGI just feels lazier with each episode. The stories they chose to focus on are one dimensional and boring. Who cares that Crosby is cheating on his wife. They glossed over D-Day to boot. The last few episodes are basically dramatized Hogans Hero’s remakes.

Maybe my hopes were too high but this show is mediocre at best. Only one episode left.

I am looking forward to the upcoming documentary on the 100th BG.
Devil and I were talking about it last night. I think we came to the realization that the writers probably had a 12+ episode show in mind, but Apple said only 9, so they had to scramble to fit their aspects in. No idea if that's how it works, but it would make sense. 5 Episodes spanned 4 months (June-Sept), and 1 episode jumped 6 months (Oct-Mar). Quite odd.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2024, 10:48:23 AM »
The show started off so good, now it’s kind of losing me. Granted, I’ll finish it and I don’t hate it but I guess I just had different expectations for it.
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2024, 10:22:24 AM »
The show started off so good, now it’s kind of losing me. Granted, I’ll finish it and I don’t hate it but I guess I just had different expectations for it.

I get the feeling they are setting up for a second season. I predict action in the final.When they are setting up relationships towards the end I kinda get that impression. They may be pushing for longevity.

I doubt they made it for the informed combat flight sim tribe. We are a small niche. That would almost be a documentary.

The mix of scenario with a well rounded series still has its benefits for us. It can tap a different crowd for new interest.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2024, 02:40:16 PM »
I mean lotta dudes setup relationships just to end in disaster...might be going for that aspect of the drama as well
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2024, 03:20:50 PM »
We got a memorable scenario out of it!

The series...not so much imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2024, 06:51:25 PM »
The drama is what is going to get people to watch it, not the action or historical relevance.

Face it, the interest in this genre is dead.  The interest in drama is only growing.

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2024, 11:40:42 PM »
We got a memorable scenario out of it!

The series...not so much imo

Eagler

100%  :aok
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2024, 07:29:49 AM »

The interest in drama is only growing.

Ugh... tell me about it as my wife watches Bridgertons/Queen Charlotte on Netflix for the fourth time  :huh
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2024, 10:50:52 AM »
Love is Blind 6 is phenomenal tv not gonna lie

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2024, 07:29:04 PM »
Love is Blind 6 is phenomenal tv not gonna lie

:cheers:  :rofl
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2024, 10:05:59 AM »
I feel like the series would have been much better had they implemented the interviews from the Bloody Hundredth documentary by Hanks and Spielberg that also released on Apple TV+.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2024, 10:29:52 AM »
I feel like the series would have been much better had they implemented the interviews from the Bloody Hundredth documentary by Hanks and Spielberg that also released on Apple TV+.

And the use of actual film footage instead of the crowded crazy cgi that they overplayed imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2024, 10:54:18 AM »
And the use of actual film footage instead of the crowded crazy cgi that they overplayed imo

Eagler

They only had 3 or less B-17s to work with. 2 had to be towed on runways in scenes because they built 2 that were not flyable. Just props. So they only really had 1 flyable 17. CGI was no choice.

IMO, it wasn’t horrible, but you could detect it.  No
Matter where CGI is, if you look hard enough, you’ll detect it. Mostly in explosion fx, almost anything in motion.

I thought 9 had some of the best scene, even if your imagination had to fill in the blamks.

We are prolly the most intense critics, over the masses who watched it.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2024, 11:08:41 AM »
I think yt videos from IL2 and DCS looked better than some of that exaggerated cgi they stuck in it..

Real footage combined with less unrealistic cgi would have been much better imo

I know they haven't the flyable aircraft to use them which tells me ww2 air battle films will only get more unrealistic going forward

Eagler
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 12:47:48 PM by Eagler »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2024, 12:44:12 PM »
I think yt videos from IL2 and DCS looked better than some of that exaggerated cgi they stuck in it..

Real footage combined with less unrealistic cgi would have been much better imo

I know they haven't the flyable aircraft to use them which tells me ww2 air battle films will only get more unrealistic going forward

Eagler

Eagler

Agreed 100%.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks