Author Topic: See Through Trees Bug  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
See Through Trees Bug
« on: January 25, 2024, 10:59:59 PM »
So when reviewing a film of how I was shot from 1.3K through trees, I noticed that my vehicle does NOT go behind the terrain.   See screen shot.  There are players who can exploit this bug and shoot at you like the trees are not even there, because, they are not there.  Its really the only explanation and I have finally caught it on film.   Please fix this.  Thanks

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: See Through Trees Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 05:36:35 AM »
Softail, what software allows you to see this?? It is alleged that EVGA utility software is the culprit. If you know the name of the software program, send an email to Hitech with the name, he may be able to do something about it. He will need the program name though. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 06:21:41 AM »
So when reviewing a film of how I was shot from 1.3K through trees, I noticed that my vehicle does NOT go behind the terrain.   See screen shot.  There are players who can exploit this bug and shoot at you like the trees are not even there, because, they are not there.  Its really the only explanation and I have finally caught it on film.   Please fix this.  Thanks
WOW!  I have been Vr since 2014, I have never seen terrain this bright let alone a picture like posted.   IIR...what you see- isn't same as what they see? Obviously what you see is methed up.Are you the M-8?From opponent's view in AHfilm? Or is this AH Game screen capture??  With Rift, all these 'Re-shaders' dont work....as I understand it?  Your Screen Shot baffles me            AH...VR  Standing by? So you use same program or does Re-shaders work, when Mask off and GVing with monitor..through STEAM?   I cant adjust anything POV, Color/re-shade or even gamma with Rift...so ... :headscratch: I have a lot of issues with AHfilm...watch 1, the next one glitches like no tomorrow...the brightness of screen shot is what stumps me
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 06:38:14 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 07:36:17 AM »
Wonder if that explains how I was being shot at/ranged through like 6 layers of foliage the other day in a tank.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 07:52:01 AM »
I notice in film viewer when I try to figure how some tank/gv or even plane saw me, it's difficult because your own tank will always be visible in front of any trees you think you're hiding in.

But what you're describing may be something else - it's hard to say since it's your film and not the actual shooter's.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 01:55:12 PM »
I notice in film viewer when I try to figure how some tank/gv or even plane saw me, it's difficult because your own tank will always be visible in front of any trees you think you're hiding in.

But what you're describing may be something else - it's hard to say since it's your film and not the actual shooter's.

Well put Shane. :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 07:44:11 PM »
Softail, what software allows you to see this?? It is alleged that EVGA utility software is the culprit. If you know the name of the software program, send an email to Hitech with the name, he may be able to do something about it. He will need the program name though. :salute

This is from a regular AH recording and displayed on the AH Film Viewer.   

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 07:49:49 PM »
WOW!  I have been Vr since 2014, I have never seen terrain this bright let alone a picture like posted.   IIR...what you see- isn't same as what they see? Obviously what you see is methed up.Are you the M-8?From opponent's view in AHfilm? Or is this AH Game screen capture??  With Rift, all these 'Re-shaders' dont work....as I understand it?  Your Screen Shot baffles me            AH...VR  Standing by? So you use same program or does Re-shaders work, when Mask off and GVing with monitor..through STEAM?   I cant adjust anything POV, Color/re-shade or even gamma with Rift...so ... :headscratch: I have a lot of issues with AHfilm...watch 1, the next one glitches like no tomorrow...the brightness of screen shot is what stumps me

1:  I am the M8, this is from the opponents view.  Note: shots fired and hit at 1.3K though the trees...multiple times.
2: The brightness is that the capture was at the point of the the muzzle flash from the opposing tank so everyone can see when the shot was fired....there should be no view of my vehicle.
3: Program is the standard AH Download,  not running through steam.
4:  I have no idea how "re-shaders" work or what they are.  No tweaks to the Nvidia GT3070i at all.

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 07:51:20 PM »
Wonder if that explains how I was being shot at/ranged through like 6 layers of foliage the other day in a tank.

I've been shot at with a 17 pounder while I was running through woods 2 miles away....nothing surprises me anymore.   I just see shells come through the trees and land within 50 feet of me....all the time. 

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 07:59:18 PM »
Well put Shane. :cheers:

Which is why I captured at the time the shot took place.   Clearly....I should be behind layers of trees...moving at 50-60 mph....but still getting shot at and hit.  I just don't see how one can target something they cannot or should not be able to see. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2024, 09:23:31 PM »
Using the "other guys" view from YOUR film isnt what they are seeing. There are a number of things that cause issue. If you could look from his view from his film you might see a totally different thing.

I have had a number of times that I have gotten killed and never saw from where. Using the film and only looking from my view I cant find a single bit of the enemy tank that shot me. I can find the flash of the blast sometimes but that is it. There certainly seems to be something going on as a number of players seem to have an extraordinary view of the battlefield and can alway kill with a single round.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 11:11:57 PM »
Ok so we need two people to film a gv battle from their perspectives and post the videos.

Short of that… nothing needs to be said.

Unless I missed something?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 11:36:55 PM »
Using the "other guys" view from YOUR film isnt what they are seeing. There are a number of things that cause issue. If you could look from his view from his film you might see a totally different thing.

I have had a number of times that I have gotten killed and never saw from where. Using the film and only looking from my view I cant find a single bit of the enemy tank that shot me. I can find the flash of the blast sometimes but that is it. There certainly seems to be something going on as a number of players seem to have an extraordinary view of the battlefield and can alway kill with a single round.

So you've been killed through a wall of trees and bushes 1K thick while on the move?   I think the picture is pretty clear that my vehicle was behind extremely thick cover.  For what it is worth, I sent in two videos to HiTech....because it happened again tonight.  Doubt much will come of it, but I did my due diligence and pointed it out. 

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2024, 01:56:09 AM »
I've been killed in forest several times w/o any idea where the shot came from and so far been just thinking con was better in hiding than I was for searching. But I've seen tanks shooting through walls, and that's bit annoying, when in receiving end. And M8 pinging base guns from slope one by one, from D so far even with full zoom of 88 could see it as a tiny spot.

Also durability of Wirbels is sometimes amazing. I was told APs often go through w/o causing damage. Yesterday I caught one in our bomber hangar. I was w/ Tiger, so I used HEs from almost point blanc. Three shots had no effect at all, not even a flash of hit. I changed back to AP and vaporized it w/ one shot.    :D

Are damage models based on hitpoints in AH? As my Panther has been killed by gunfire of Spitfire, 1 pass. No rockets or bombs, just guns.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2024, 04:18:34 AM »
1:  I am the M8, this is from the opponents view.  Note: shots fired and hit at 1.3K though the trees...multiple times.
2: The brightness is that the capture was at the point of the the muzzle flash from the opposing tank so everyone can see when the shot was fired....there should be no view of my vehicle.
3: Program is the standard AH Download,  not running through steam.
4:  I have no idea how "re-shaders" work or what they are.  No tweaks to the Nvidia GT3070i at all.
Thanks for the answers!   The "from opponent's view" will always show your gv/aircraft in some funky ways. Flying in Opponent's view will show  all sorts of bouncing,almost like it is in slow motion.  Its just what the film viewer does.    You only recorded what YOU see.  Same reason that you cant see Instrument values or Gunsights when in opponents cockpit. Guess what I am getting at is, you, didn't and couldn't see in this screenshot, proof that maybe he was using any other program. If guy was using it...Film viewer only records your perspective  anyway.             Edit lol   like Fugi said
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain