Author Topic: New Maps!  (Read 311 times)

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
New Maps!
« on: January 27, 2024, 02:48:17 AM »
Really digging the new maps especially the snow covered maps in the main arena, its really a nice change of scenery the game has been needing IMO.
It would also be cool of certain maps had different wind layers so its not always the same 20mph crosswind at 14k etc etc.  :airplane:=
(On a side note does Aces High model air density and temperature at all? Ive never really thought about that)

For as long as I can remember the Main Arena maps were very restricted to bright and sunny summer days, which to be fair can get boring. What other environments do yall think should be considered for the main arena?
I think some Tropical and Desert maps would be pretty cool too :)

Overall <S> to the map makers and Hitech for keeping this game alive!  :aok

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Maps!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 06:37:52 AM »
Try MNM at 8pm est for a very unique map and a wild time!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 07:29:15 AM »
I think the snow-covered MA terrain is called 'Badlands', and the from the air this terrain looks very realistic.

'Mindnao' is a tropical one - I think it has palm trees?

I would also like to see a desert-type terrain, where the desert-camo'd fighters would be a natural fit.  I think of the island of Sicily in the Mediterranean - it is roughly triangular in shape so it might work for an MA terrain.   Not sure if its true desert, but I think its fairly dry, with scrub brush?   I know there is a volcano on the eastern side, which would be interesting too.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 08:19:31 AM »
Why does Badlands go back to green at night?

Jimmy has a North America map coming too that looks fun!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 01:00:20 PM »
I’d like to see more alpine type maps with pine type trees, and frankly, a notch more trees in areas.

Pretty sure we hive a desert map that's outdated and not used.  I'd like to see at least one.

Pacific map(s)s with tropical islands, we have one, which I love the play it seems to incite, but another more up to date would be good too..

IMO 2 of each style/concept in rotation would be optimal.

I seriously think it's time to weed out the less liked maps. These seemed to have improved over time, time to weed out the weakest links and add some freshness. I think the newer maps are of better quality, and more inline with realism.

2 cents
I charge $2.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 01:41:04 PM by Animl-AW »
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP