Author Topic: February 2024 FSO - TERMINUS - Rules Update  (Read 192 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
February 2024 FSO - TERMINUS - Rules Update
« on: January 28, 2024, 08:06:23 AM »
All,

Updated the rules to state that a base capture will require 20 troops.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: February 2024 FSO - TERMINUS - Rules Update
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 08:13:56 AM »
Warhawk, I just wanted to bring it up. I know the USAAF had the P-40s alongside the CAF and a few P-38s. The Japanese have 3 fighters types to our 2, would it be advisable to have at least one more variety of the P-40 maybe or even a longshot have the MK. V Spitfire? Spitfire probably not due to it was a US and China effort for the Hump, but I know the British did use the Spitfire V beginning in October 43. So would it still count, or not?
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 08:42:30 AM »
Warhawk, I just wanted to bring it up. I know the USAAF had the P-40s alongside the CAF and a few P-38s. The Japanese have 3 fighters types to our 2, would it be advisable to have at least one more variety of the P-40 maybe or even a longshot have the MK. V Spitfire? Spitfire probably not due to it was a US and China effort for the Hump, but I know the British did use the Spitfire V beginning in October 43. So would it still count, or not?
The Ki 43 is not a fighter, it's just for show. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 08:52:34 AM »

LNG,

Yes, But maybe in another event. After some fairly extensive research, the USAAF and CAF held it up with the P-40 from beginning to end. The period that this event was written for spanning 1943-44 specifically highlights the use of the P-40 and the Ki-43. There are some adjustments to add canon birds to the Axis side.

The vast majority of aircraft types in the Burma region were P-40s and Ki-43s. The A6M3 HAMP was sprinkled throughout the campaign, but nowhere close to the number of Ki-43s. The Ki-61 did not stay in the theater for long but saw some action.  The Ki-100 was there is some numbers, but as you see we don't have one. The P-38 was active during this time, but the numbers were somewhere between the numbers of the HAMP and the Ki-61. So the aircraft that are restricted to "4" are honorable mentions.

Yes, there were other types later in the war, but this is the most balanced and historical set possible with the choices we have access to. Yes, it will be a challenge. Grab a K-Bar and get to work. This will be a knife fight as it was in history.

Thanks for your question.

Cheers...
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Trav02

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 09:09:40 AM »
The Ki 43 is not a fighter, it's just for show. :)
They laughed and laughed....till they got a burst of HO-103 into the cockpit   :evil:
In all seriousness though, are the Ki-43s being used as bomb trucks? If there's a shortage of guys who want to fly them as fighters, I'll gladly roll one...
TCH in-game

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 11:16:45 AM »
LNG,

Yes, But maybe in another event. After some fairly extensive research, the USAAF and CAF held it up with the P-40 from beginning to end. The period that this event was written for spanning 1943-44 specifically highlights the use of the P-40 and the Ki-43. There are some adjustments to add canon birds to the Axis side.

The vast majority of aircraft types in the Burma region were P-40s and Ki-43s. The A6M3 HAMP was sprinkled throughout the campaign, but nowhere close to the number of Ki-43s. The Ki-61 did not stay in the theater for long but saw some action.  The Ki-100 was there is some numbers, but as you see we don't have one. The P-38 was active during this time, but the numbers were somewhere between the numbers of the HAMP and the Ki-61. So the aircraft that are restricted to "4" are honorable mentions.

Yes, there were other types later in the war, but this is the most balanced and historical set possible with the choices we have access to. Yes, it will be a challenge. Grab a K-Bar and get to work. This will be a knife fight as it was in history.

Thanks for your question.

Cheers...

I understand the situation. But I do have one important question with it. Can they have 4 for each or do they have to select which airframe for the 3 frames I.E. A6M3 for Frame 1 or KI-61 so on and so on. Will it be based on that or they can have 4 of each model at the same time.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 12:06:26 PM »
I understand the situation. But I do have one important question with it. Can they have 4 for each or do they have to select which airframe for the 3 frames I.E. A6M3 for Frame 1 or KI-61 so on and so on. Will it be based on that or they can have 4 of each model at the same time.

The CiC will have access to all of the aircraft in the planeset list each frame with the only requirement being to meet the minimums and not exceed the maximums.