Author Topic: Please disable automatic rudder on takeoff.  (Read 507 times)

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
Please disable automatic rudder on takeoff.
« on: February 09, 2024, 09:34:52 AM »
I fly with a mouse so for some reason the game wants to link Ailerons and Rudder together on the take off, so as you roll left and right you're also controlling the rudder. Im assuming to make take offs easier for noobs.
I feel this is an insult to my intelligence and incredibly annoying as their is no way to turn it off in game.

How about an option to disable this "feature" like we can with stall limiter?

EDIT: This was never an issue in Aces High 2.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Please disable automatic rudder on takeoff.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 11:27:56 AM »
Why not just use the auto-takeoff feature?  :noid

Do you have combat trim enabled - affecting/chasing the level of fine control needed at slower speeds until torque is built up?

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 11:38:25 AM »
That does not happen when flying w/ sticks and pedals. I start flying with mouse when I see evidence they were used in WW2...    :D   

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 11:43:47 AM »
That does not happen when flying w/ sticks and pedals. I start flying with mouse when I see evidence they were used in WW2...    :D

Lol

Like playing a racing game without a steering wheel...

I am surprised how well some do in flight sims without a hotas

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 01:13:06 PM »
Lol

Like playing a racing game without a steering wheel...

I am surprised how well some do in flight sims without a hotas

Eagler

I’ve begun to use the mouse for aiming buff guns and gv turrets. The movement is much smoother.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 02:12:10 PM »

Buy me a stick and track IR and Ill use it, or ill keep flying with my mouse with my 15$ a month.

Why not just use the auto-takeoff feature?  :noid

Do you have combat trim enabled - affecting/chasing the level of fine control needed at slower speeds until torque is built up?

Auto take-off is for sissies, plus it doesn't work too well with jets.

This issue has nothing to do with combat trim or trim at all. On the ground my roll and yaw are linked on the same axis because hitech decided it was a good "feature" for newbies in Aces High 3 but leaves no way to turn off this annoying "feature" for the rest of us mouse users. All im asking is a way to turn this off in the settings so mouse control on the ground worked like AH2.

Much like the lack of soundpacks now because the sound system from AH2 was ditched when it wasn't broke, this is another problem I have with Aces High 3 vs 2.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 02:14:26 PM by TryHard »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 04:32:58 PM »

Buy me a stick and track IR and Ill use it, or ill keep flying with my mouse with my 15$ a month.

I have one extra Speedlink Black Widow stick, you can have it if you pay shipping from Europe.  Some say smart phone head tracking works well, there are several ones available.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 03:50:10 PM »
id rather fly with a mouse then a yoke and throttle and rudder pedals........said no pilot ever!!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 03:26:54 PM »
Unlike some other games like ARMA 3 or Planetside 2 I can't imagine flying a plane in AH with anything other than a joystick and throttle at the least.  With that said, it is not an unreasonable request as it is personal choice with a check box.  :rofl You too funny.  It's for sissies!   :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!