Author Topic: European friendly events?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
European friendly events?
« on: February 09, 2024, 02:26:56 PM »
I noticed that scenario moved to 8PM EST since I played last time.

So from what I see there are no more Euro friendly special events any more?
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: European friendly events?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 02:34:57 PM »
More like there's not enough European players to cover the loss of players from the US and Australia who can't play at a European friendly time.

It's a simple numbers game. Prime time US gets more players.

:salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 11:35:31 AM »
Thanks. I understand.

BTW. Is there an ability today to host "user event" like once it was h2h up to 8 players?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 03:03:08 PM »
Artik pretty sure that is still possible. Try setting up a custom arena, our squad uses it fairly frequently for training. They are under the "Player" tab.  :rock
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 03:07:41 PM by JimmyD3 »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 03:55:15 PM »
Artik pretty sure that is still possible. Try setting up a custom arena, our squad uses it fairly frequently for training. They are under the "Player" tab.  :rock

Thanks!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 05:34:12 PM »
artik maybe someone from europe should become a cm and then you could run events that ARE europe friendly! you might not get the numbers, but you could have some fun with it!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 06:16:43 PM »
I have long considered running a Sunday event at UK/EU time, once per month. Basically, an hour Scenario (Snapshot) frame that has a rotating planeset. The ideas is that we chronologically move through the war in various fronts. So, Battle of Britain in January, Barbarossa in February, Torch/North Africa in March, etc. Of course, we could just run random events as well. The issue is, I am not sure how much interest there is and we would really need 30 people minimum to justify it. This puts all the Oceania/Asia people out and many US. My thought was around 8 PM GMT.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 06:34:35 PM »
I have long considered running a Sunday event at UK/EU time, once per month. Basically, an hour Scenario (Snapshot) frame that has a rotating planeset. The ideas is that we chronologically move through the war in various fronts. So, Battle of Britain in January, Barbarossa in February, Torch/North Africa in March, etc. Of course, we could just run random events as well. The issue is, I am not sure how much interest there is and we would really need 30 people minimum to justify it. This puts all the Oceania/Asia people out and many US. My thought was around 8 PM GMT.

Might have to do it a few times to build up your players but there does seem to be enough if you go by what happens in here. If you do it on a Sunday you will probably get more non-euros to play too.

I would assume many would appreciate a European event schedule.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 03:27:47 AM »

That would be fantastic.

I also agree small "Scenarios" like snapshots would be very good. Since they usually require much lesser numbers.

Currently there is no Euro friendly events at all and honestly I can't wake up at 3:30AM (my local time) for the scenarios - and they are actually the true highlights of AH

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 12:56:30 PM »
Yep, sounds good. If this materializes, I'll be the secret weapon of those I fly against.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 09:21:55 PM »
AH had a bunch of Euro friendly special events. For example, one of the two weekly snapshots we once had ran at a very EU friendly timeslot. The problem is, they mostly just died because of a lack of attendance a long time ago.  :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 10:44:07 PM »
There have been a few events in the past, 2 or 3 if I'm not mistaken, that ran for 12 hours straight.   Unlimited lives, login whenever convenient for you, stay as long as you want, logoff and log back in later if you want.  I *think* these ended up being called "Target for Today" events.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 11:54:08 PM »
If you folks do come up with some European events, make sure to advertise them as I'm sure there are plenty of North Americans such as myself who work odd hours and are more than likely awake for such events. I'd like to participate when possible.
My current work schedule is preventing me from flying MOTA and it hurts.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2024, 05:57:29 AM »
If you folks do come up with some European events, make sure to advertise them as I'm sure there are plenty of North Americans such as myself who work odd hours and are more than likely awake for such events. I'd like to participate when possible.
My current work schedule is preventing me from flying MOTA and it hurts.

I think 8pm GMT is something 15:00 EST and 12:00 PST so at least it can be attended by US players, current events are in the middle of the night for Euro players

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2024, 06:32:25 PM »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell