Author Topic: European friendly events?  (Read 992 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Re: European friendly events?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2024, 12:49:59 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The time you highlighted isn't really Euro friendly. UK stars at midnight already borderline, than France, Germany are GMT+1 so it is 1AM and thanFinland is GMT+2 so it goes to 2AM... Not really useful.

But if you take London to 8PM or 9PM it becomes accessible from Europe at evening early night, US Midd-day and all even Australia/Pacific region accessible in morning that is actually something feasible during weekends.

I think 8PM GMT was the time Euro scenarios were held before.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2024, 10:42:18 AM »
Artik and All,

The special events team would "LOVE" to accommodate everyone and sponsor some great events.

We have had a ton of events over the years;

• SNAPSHOTS
  • Sunday European Campaign
  • This Day in WWII
  • Heavy Metal Sunday
  • Target for Today
  • Fortress Europe

and a host of other events that are now gone with a high likelihood of never returning.

We can only produce what will be supported. Sure these events could have been supported.

We had CMs in Europe, but we have none now, or at least none that are active.

As evidenced in current times, No one is going to stay up and support a crowd of two.

Come with the numbers and more participation in what is currently being offered.

Currently, convenience doesn't lie on the side of Europe as it didn't for the APD region
for many years. Asia Pacific is still here with no signs of leaving and increasing in numbers.

We need to see the Europeans show up for what we are now offering.

Until then, the convenient play times need to go to those who are participating.

I know that doesn't sit well right now, but that is the truth.

We are not going to set play times in a European-friendly time zone for maybe 1 and a 1/2
players.

We hope the sacrifice will not be too much for you and others in your time zone to join us.

Hope to see you in the Special Events Arena.

:salute

AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 12:53:43 PM »
We had a KOTH specifically designed for Euro players that swareiam forgot to mention but it didn’t have the attendance to support it. Both KOTHs ended up deceased for lack of interest.  There was some but not enough to make a KOTH what they were supposed to be opposed to a half a dozen guys dueling.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2024, 12:56:40 PM »
We had a KOTH specifically designed for Euro players that swareiam forgot to mention but it didn’t have the attendance to support it. Both KOTHs ended up deceased for lack of interest.  There was some but not enough to make a KOTH what they were supposed to be opposed to a half a dozen guys dueling.

Sorry about that Fuze...

:D
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2024, 01:01:28 PM »
No problem, it’s fading from my memory also.   :salute
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2024, 09:06:16 AM »
No problem, it’s fading from my memory also.   :salute

Not fading from all of our memories...

It was the best fun AH offers imo ..low numbers and all

1000x the action a MOTA offers in a1/4 of the time

We appreciated your time and effort hosting those fuzeman

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2024, 09:42:38 AM »
I have received PM inquiries also, from a single player.
And, fication from Clara;  I don’t know their marital status and was referring to only one player PMing me.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2024, 11:36:00 AM »
Seems to me that Target for Today events could do the best job of providing everybody with at least a 3-4 hour window during a reasonable time-of-day, no matter where you live. 

What is Target For Today?

Target For Today (TFT) are special large-scale battles that run a few times a year.  Each event is a battle that runs over a 9-hour period on a single day, and you can play whenever you desire during that period.  TFT's are usually themed on actual WWII aerial battles, have the similar plane sets as the actual battles, have a command staff on each side, and have objectives based on what the sides in the actual battles were trying to accomplish.

TFT's are like Scenarios except that they run on one day.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 11:58:59 AM by oboe »

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2024, 02:47:49 PM »
Seems to me that Target for Today events could do the best job of providing everybody with at least a 3-4 hour window during a reasonable time-of-day, no matter where you live. 

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Yes... I forgot about these 12h formats.  :x  I thought this format isn't used any more.

Looking forward!
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2024, 10:36:01 AM »
artik what would be a good time for you. i might consider putting something Euro friendly together in the SEA2. i have idea's!

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2024, 10:52:36 AM »
If you folks do come up with some European events, make sure to advertise them as I'm sure there are plenty of North Americans such as myself who work odd hours and are more than likely awake for such events. I'd like to participate when possible.
My current work schedule is preventing me from flying MOTA and it hurts.

Also anyone like me that lives on the east coast 8pm gmt would be fine here at 4pm local.