Author Topic: Film Viewer Crashing  (Read 206 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Film Viewer Crashing
« on: February 11, 2024, 09:19:36 AM »
I searched the forums and didn't see an answer. I easily could have missed it.

However, when I goto pullup the film viewer, it pulls up, non responds, then closes. Tried it by pulling the video directly up as well, same issue.

If this is a you're just an idiot do this type of thing, my apologies lol
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Film Viewer Crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 10:03:28 AM »
I know I have to start AHfilm first, then open the film I want to watch, in the program. Opening the film by double clicking it, the film viewer starts then shuts down.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 11:22:17 AM »
I have all kinds of issues with the film viewer. shows night time when I know the film was done in daylight, loses a layer on the ground layers, places the base layers 50 feet off the ground, or flips it on an angle standing almost upright. Many crashes with the "not responding" error. In most cases closing out the film program (sometimes needing to use the task manager) and restarting it gets me by, other times a reboot of the computer is needed.

For a crash on load up like this one it sounds more like a corrupt file. Id make a copy of the settings folder ..... just in case.... download and install a new copy of the game over the existing game files. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING.

Then try it again.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 11:36:53 AM »
Tried the above, one thing that is that it does not go to not responding. Just comes up for 3 second, like it's loading, then closes. Tried reinstalling as well.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 06:16:53 PM »
The clock still spins as long as AHFV is open. Which means, wait and the lighting will change same as the game. Notice, waves and wind is still moving too with nothing playing. Sometimes I’ll leave it open for lighting to change.

I’ve actually time-lapsed the sun rising in FV using Bandicam to capture it. Speed will not effect speed of some FX.

Many FX will only run once. Like tracers and some explosions, plane parts falling off,…etc. You need to either use the Stop button to reset, or best reset is to close that film and open it again. This has cost me a lot of time trying to recapture the scene.

Films with ship guns can crash it. 100% on my end.

Make notes of the time of the video to get back faster. Saving starts of scenes in capture does work. I label mine Film name-time place this can serve you well.

I get varied results opening a film with in FV, clicking the film file to open FV works 100% here.

There are occasions when film files become corrupt. Which may have to do with closing FV while film is running>?

Pretty sure I’ve spent enough time on it to answer most questions.

Use kid gloves and patience. You’ll need it.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 06:56:42 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP